(Book Spoilers) Lady SH cut?

drayrock

She won't look like a zombie... I am not really show how LSH will look. The book describes her as quite gruesome but she is still recognizable- I am wondering if the make-up people on the show will tone her down a bit ( she would still look human but have a cut throat?...).

If the show runners are veering so much from source material is it possible the Vale/Sansa stuff never happens and Brienne actually finds her maid of four and ten with auburn hair?

I really hope they keep her, it's a moment perfect for TV. Sure, it looks like jumping the shark, but not if they show her as completely different, zombie like, no speech. And they could do it just like in the books. We don't need to know Merrett, but show us in episode 10 Thoros and Anguy catching some Freys. If they are smart they won't show them at all until then. Everybody will remember Thoros, even if they won't know his name.... and than, take the Freys to the cave and have the great reveal, a shrilling Cat.

As many on here know I despise Lady Stoneheart, however, I can't argue from a narrative standpoint and from what we've seen in the show so far it looks like she's staying. :bawl:

What will be funny is to see the response from the unsullied and critics alike. I would not be surprised if their is a backlash or at least a near universal annoyance that they brought a major character back to life that was supposed to be dead.

Hopefully, they will take some of their inspiration for her looks from this art piece: http://gameofthronesfanart.com/post/65791174302/lady-stoneheart-fan-art-by-azad-injejikian

Obviously, without the face scratches since that didn't happen in the show. I love this painting of Lady Stoneheart.

Wow, I love that. :bowdown: In my mind she was always more Zombie-like, might be because I found it quiet annoying in the beginning to bring her back (I'm sort of a "What is dead, may never live again" type) that's why she was just this weird annoying corpse to me, but over time I more and more got there can be a point of her and with something like this in mind, I could actually be fine.

I think she'll be the last scene of episode 10 and the best ending of the series yet in the 'surprise factor' and impact on the audience. They won't cut her, people will dig a RW survivor coming back for vengeance.

It would be good if this scene follows "Only Cat" but that might be earlier since lots of big things are already happening in episode 10.

We already have foreshadowing of LS-

Sansa: "they say they cut her throat to the bone and dumped her body in the river"

Arya/Beric- "Can you bring back a man without a head?" Making him feel sympathy for Arya and giving him a reason to give her mother the kiss. They've also empathised that people can be resurrected.

They built up the Brienne/Catelyn relationship and that dream with Catelyn pushing Bran of the tree screaming 'Promise me' had an LS vibe to it.

Michele Fairly will nail the part, it would be a waste if they didn't let her become LS. She has already shown she is capable of pulling it off in this scene.

The Double Whammy of Lysa Arryn revealed as Jon Arryn's murderer followed by the introduction of Lady Stoneheart in a book that already featured the Red and Purple Weddings, and Tyrion offing Shae and especially Tywin blew my mind. I predict that the Unsullied will break the internet (not just twitter) when this year's season finale goes down, She will be there, and the shit's going to start hitting the Frey's pretty soon, too. :drool:

WingZero - when she was on Conan last year after RW episode she mentioned how Fairley had some sort of infection and couldn't speak and how funny it was given what happens and then she kinda winked at Conan and he said 'oh right, because it happens in the books later, I almost forgot!'

Really? What a tease...

I thought it would have been more thematically appropriate for her to appear at the end of the "Mother" last season, but then I realized that it a) diluted the impact of the Red Wedding to immediately turn that death around, and b) they didn't have anything for her to do for most of Season 4. I think they're going to bring her in as the shocking ending shot for the very last episode of season 4.

WingZero - when she was on Conan last year after RW episode she mentioned how Fairley had some sort of infection and couldn't speak and how funny it was given what happens and then she kinda winked at Conan and he said 'oh right, because it happens in the books later, I almost forgot!'

TheWhiteRabbit - it's astounding how many people who dislike her look for validation of their dislike in hopes for backlash. Just because you don't like the plot twist doesn't mean others will too.

thanks for he correction, I guess I misunderstood something I read in an article (saying she's more focused on the show being seperate from the books)

TheWhiteRabbit - it's astounding how many people who dislike her look for validation of their dislike in hopes for backlash. Just because you don't like the plot twist doesn't mean others will too.

Looking for validation? That's a little bit much. If I wanted validation I would be asking everyone on here to agree with me. There is no validation in opinions anyway. I did not predict the future, just made a comment about a possible reaction the unsullied/critics could have to a controversial character.

Long time lurker first time poster :cheers:

I am really looking forward to Lady Stoneheart! In my opinion, they need to show LSH to keep supporting the magic and supernatural elements in the show. It needs to be seen that a not-so-fresh corpse can indeed be reanimated to reinforce the appearnces of the wights, and hopefully support the resurrection of one certain Mountain-sized monster later down the road. At this point, I like to think that the general population of viewers who have not/will not read the books have accepted that there is a large supernatural element to the Westros universe.

And I totally think they are saving her for the last episode cliffhanger :drool:

Long time lurker first time poster :cheers:

I am really looking forward to Lady Stoneheart! In my opinion, they need to show LSH to keep supporting the magic and supernatural elements in the show. It needs to be seen that a not-so-fresh corpse can indeed be reanimated to reinforce the appearnces of the wights, and hopefully support the resurrection of one certain Mountain-sized monster later down the road. At this point, I like to think that the general population of viewers who have not/will not read the books have accepted that there is a large supernatural element to the Westros universe.

And I totally think they are saving her for the last episode cliffhanger :drool:

I thought they might cut her, but since they started the season off w/Sansa recounting her death in detail, I think we will see Stoneheart in the last episode.

Oh God. We're gonna have to suffer through these ridiculous threads asking the same question up until finale :/

I just assumed the LS reveal was going to be the last scene of the season. I'm not sure why everyone's getting so nervous about it. I just hope we can also keep getting threads asking when Val's going to show up.

I just assumed the LS reveal was going to be the last scene of the season..

I would like the last scene of season 4 would be Arya aboards a Braavos ship, she hand over a coin to the captain, saying the word "Vala morghulis"

Archived