(Book Spoilers) Lady SH cut?

drayrock

She won't look like a zombie... I am not really show how LSH will look. The book describes her as quite gruesome but she is still recognizable- I am wondering if the make-up people on the show will tone her down a bit ( she would still look human but have a cut throat?...).

If the show runners are veering so much from source material is it possible the Vale/Sansa stuff never happens and Brienne actually finds her maid of four and ten with auburn hair?

both will happen, indeed. she'll still be recognizable, but zombielike as well. LB becomes lord of the vale and he's already taken Sansa with him.

I've skimmed this thread and I couldn't see that anyone had mentioned this already. At the beginning of Arya's segment in "Two Swords" wasn't there a body they passed with a noose around its neck? Seemed like a pretty good indication that LS is still happening to me.

As long as they put her in by the very last scene in this season, they won't be late with Lady SH, she is literally the very last thing you see in book 3.

Yeah but the timelines are different. And I don't think you can do it the same way as the book. I think you have to show her being revived....And maybe her eyes opening are the last thing you see?

Yeah but the timelines are different. And I don't think you can do it the same way as the book. I think you have to show her being revived....And maybe her eyes opening are the last thing you see?

May i ask whats wrong with the timeline that cant be worked around? (i cant see it but im not the quickest on the uptake)

I hadn't expected her to be revived until late this season (keeping in line with the books) but I am surprised that they didn't show the Arya-warging-Nymeria scene, seeing Cat in the water. That must be why OP thought it might be too late to introduce LSH.

I wasn't a big fan of Cat, but LSH is such a major piece of information regarding resuscitation. Beric fought and died for the people of the countryside-- thus coming back multiple times with (albeit, less memory) the same MO. LSH with vengeance on the mind murders all who did her wrong (people guilty by association, even).

IF (and this really is a huge IF, I'm just thinking and typing here) Jon is revived by Rh'llor's kiss...what will his consciousness be?

Having it a mere episode after the Red Wedding would diminish the effect of it. One minute she's dead, the next she's alive? Nah, would be much more effective as the closing to Season 4; running virtually parallel to the book's timeline.

1) Title was Mhysa

2) Robb's last word was "Mother"

3) "For The Realm" OST never featured, and sounded like something the BWB would play AND say while resurrecting her

4) The talk of resurrection in 3x06

5) "Can you bring a man back without a head"

~~Anyway, it was possible, but I agree now it's more effective closing Season 4. I think most of us were being impatient if anything.

I think the fact Catelyn didn't have a major presence in Season 3 is strongly because we haven't seen the last of her.

The fact that they had Sansa mention the fact that Catelyn's throat was cut to the bone before she was thrown into the river, strongly suggests that this will become important later on. Why the hell would they introduce the BWB - Thoros and Beric - in the first place if they would not to include UnCat? They are not important, thus it would have been easily to cut them and give Arya either a longer stay in Harrenhal or a longer traveling time with Gendry and Hot Pie...

I can already picture thousands of eyes rolling in unison when the non-readers see that part

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather they cut it. That is, unless she does something extremely important in WoW, which, I admit, seems quite likely

In any case, I think her reveal is season finale material

I hope they cut her out too. Hated her in the books - will hate her even more on TV.

I think they'll have her hang someone who is recognisable as a Frey and play up the RW glee on their part like Arya killing the Frey responsible for RobbWind. It makes their death more satisfying.

However, it depends if they want to show LS as an instrument of vengeance/justice or disturb the viewers into realising Zombie Catelyn Stark is extremely merciless and hateful.

The problem is they didn't show GreatJon during the RW (although he has been shown in several of Robb's scenes) so Merrett being responsible for getting him drunk doesn't really fit in well.

They might just go with a nameless Frey because they still need the recognisable ones like Black Walder for later scenes e.g. Jaime at Riverrun and some Freys enjoying a little pie at Ramsay's wedding. Although, Ramsay and Roose eating the pie is still good...they might even throw in Walder for that scene since he seemed to have a 'haha, we're so evil and cool' bond going on with Roose and the actor is one of the recognisable ones for being Filtch in Harry Potter so they might want to take advantage of that.

:agree: Although, to be fair that is exactly what the Season 2 finale with the White Walkers was.

Uh... I think the only truly recognizable TV-Frey, at least for TV viewers, is Lord Walder himself and given that his family in itself is a Cast of Snowflakes, I don't think there'll be a "recognizable Frey". I think they will either:

- introduce her with the hanging of a Frey whom they identify as such with a view lines of dialogue just before his death

- introduce her with the hanging of Brienne

1) Title was Mhysa

2) Robb's last word was "Mother"

3) "For The Realm" OST never featured, and sounded like something the BWB would play AND say while resurrecting her

4) The talk of resurrection in 3x06

5) "Can you bring a man back without a head"

~~Anyway, it was possible, but I agree now it's more effective closing Season 4. I think most of us were being impatient if anything.

I think the fact Catelyn didn't have a major presence in Season 3 is strongly because we haven't seen the last of her.

I agree. Back when ep. 3/10 rolled around, I was sure they were going to have LS in there, but since they didn't, it will most likely be ep. 4/10 (preferably right after "Only Cat").

Uh... I think the only truly recognizable TV-Frey, at least for TV viewers, is Lord Walder himself and given that his family in itself is a Cast of Snowflakes, I don't think there'll be a "recognizable Frey". I think they will either:

- introduce her with the hanging of a Frey whom they identify as such with a view lines of dialogue just before his death

- introduce her with the hanging of Brienne

I think Black Walder is fairly recognizable- he gut stabbed Talisa and slit Catelyn's throat. Also, he's the only Frey (besides Lord Walder and Roslin) who has had lines e.g. "Why? Do you want to count her teeth?" when Edmure asked to see Roslin, and he was the one joking with Talisa during the wedding about how expensive the musicians were...sick git.

Also, the Frey responsible for RobbWind said "Black Walder shut her up right fast" when mocking Catelyn's death which leads me to believe Stoneheart might be hanging him- the man who killed her, Talisa and her unborn grandchild.

I'm really hoping the LS introduction won't be hanging Brienne. It won' t give us time to appreciate RW/Frey vengeance before seeing LS as an unreasonable monster and bad guy.

edit- typo

"Have you seen a girl of four and ten, fair skinned, auburn hair..." Repeat 100 times.

I'm all for LS, as long as they don't make her look like a zombie.

She has to look like she has been in a river for 3 days, I'll be disappointed if she doesn't have bits missing. If we have to have her back then they should at least get it right in that respect

Love the idea of it transitioning from Lysa's death to SH. Couldn't agree more on the S3 last shot....that was just awful.

It really was poor, another example of the need to spoon feed the show audience, rather than letting people work stuff out for themselves

Call me old fashioned too, but i'd rather the story be told the way the author wants it to be.

Best not watch the show then

I can already picture thousands of eyes rolling in unison when the non-readers see that part

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather they cut it. That is, unless she does something extremely important in WoW, which, I admit, seems quite likely

In any case, I think her reveal is season finale material

This is exactly what I'm worried about. I imagine myself as a non-book reader and know that her revival would make me groan. I really hope they cut it too.

She has to look like she has been in a river for 3 days, I'll be disappointed if she doesn't have bits missing. If we have to have her back then they should at least get it right in that respect.

:agree:

Having her look non-decomposed just makes it seem as if a character has been brought back to life. They really need to empathise that Lady Stoneheart is the product of the RW and show us what the Freys have made of her- this includes the treatment of her body. Personally, I think LS adds to the darkness and haunting atmosphere of the Red Wedding. It would diminish it if she still looks beautiful.

She isn't Catelyn anymore, she is Lady Stoneheart- tragic, vengeful, terrible...the stuff of nightmares.

Archived