(Book Spoilers) Lady SH cut?

drayrock

I pretty much figured out the only other place for her than season 4 finale is season 3 finale. When that didn't happen, the only option is ep.10 this year. It's just too good of a cliffhanger not to use.

100%! I'd call not having it in S3 a missed opportunity, but I think it could work okay in this season too.

100%! I'd call not having it in S3 a missed opportunity, but I think it could work okay in this season too.

Having it a mere episode after the Red Wedding would diminish the effect of it. One minute she's dead, the next she's alive? Nah, would be much more effective as the closing to Season 4; running virtually parallel to the book's timeline.

I would like the last scene of season 4 would be Arya aboards a Braavos ship, she hand over a coin to the captain, saying the word "Vala morghulis"

I would like for that scene to be followed up by Lady Stoneheart. That would be just the type of season ending cliff hanger to build up mystery, suspense and get people talking. It seems like the perfect season ending scene which is probably why they won't use it. I kept holding out hope last season that Coldhands would be the final scene.

I never liked the idea of LS in the books so I won't weep if she doesn't make an appearance. Besides, the writers are pretty smart guys, they can work around not having a relatively minor character in the show. If they can somehow find the strength and courage to not include Belwas (who is going to eat the locusts? Daario? ;)), excluding LS should be easy.

Call me old-fashioned but I'd rather characters that die stay dead (with the exception of Beric who had already died a few times before we even meet him.)

I agree about it being the last scene in the finale of season four. I'm really excited for it as well, and I never even considered that they may not add it in. It would be a great cliffhanger and the unsullied will be surprised. I know a lot unsullied I met did not like the Catelyn portrayed in the show though, so I'm not sure how fond of her reappearance.

I think they've been setting up LS pretty well since we met BWB in season three, dropping subtle hints every now and then. I honestly think S4 finale will be the best one yet.

Edit: I also loved Michelle and have no complaints about her returning. c: Plus, I think they made it clear through interviews - to book or spoiler readers - that Michelle wasn't off the show for good. o: I also never really liked the idea of "returning from the dead" however it does seem to be a common theme in the series, so I think it works out okay.

Well I myself expected it a little because of the title Mhysa and Djawadi's track of the same name - it just had this little gong in the end and I thought it would be when she opens her eyes :) I'm just so anxious to see what she looks like on the show.

I honestly thought that as well. The build up and then the 'gong' at the end really was the perfect moment for LS to open her eyes.

Although, the impact of the LS reveal will probably be allot bigger for the Season 4 finale seeing as everyone thinks the RW Starks are out of the picture. I'm really hoping they have a good soundtrack for this scene.

I honestly thought that as well. The build up and then the 'gong' at the end really was the perfect moment for LS to open her eyes.

Although, the impact of the LS reveal will probably be allot bigger for the Season 4 finale seeing as everyone thinks the RW Starks are out of the picture. I'm really hoping they have a good soundtrack for this scene.

I was looking forward to LS resurrection last season, but I get why they chose to go with her book reveal. She just doesn't have anything to do yet and it would be very anticlimactic to introduce her in such a dramatic fashion only for her to barely appear this season. Better to leave her off-screen for the time being until there's a concrete storyline for her in Season 5.

I never liked the idea of LS in the books so I won't weep if she doesn't make an appearance. Besides, the writers are pretty smart guys, they can work around not having a relatively minor character in the show. If they can somehow find the strength and courage to not include Belwas (who is going to eat the locusts? Daario? ;)), excluding LS should be easy.

Call me old-fashioned but I'd rather characters that die stay dead (with the exception of Beric who had already died a few times before we even meet him.)

I doubt that Lady Stoneheart is a minor character, even though Martin has yet to finish TWoW and ADoS. Also, D&D know the broadstrokes of what GRRM is planning for the remainder of the books, so the fact they'll be introducing her (most likely at the end of the season finale) lead me to believe that she'll be instrumental in the fallout of at least TWoW, if not ADoS. :)

they dont have to show her body being pulled from the river. dont worry. i just hope her intro isnt hanging brienne. i hope she hangs black walder (isnt he the one who killed her?) that would be awesome.

I think they'll have her hang someone who is recognisable as a Frey and play up the RW glee on their part like Arya killing the Frey responsible for RobbWind. It makes their death more satisfying.

However, it depends if they want to show LS as an instrument of vengeance/justice or disturb the viewers into realising Zombie Catelyn Stark is extremely merciless and hateful.

The problem is they didn't show GreatJon during the RW (although he has been shown in several of Robb's scenes) so Merrett being responsible for getting him drunk doesn't really fit in well.

They might just go with a nameless Frey because they still need the recognisable ones like Black Walder for later scenes e.g. Jaime at Riverrun and some Freys enjoying a little pie at Ramsay's wedding. Although, Ramsay and Roose eating the pie is still good...they might even throw in Walder for that scene since he seemed to have a 'haha, we're so evil and cool' bond going on with Roose and the actor is one of the recognisable ones for being Filtch in Harry Potter so they might want to take advantage of that.

I was looking forward to LS resurrection last season, but I get why they chose to go with her book reveal. She just doesn't have anything to do yet and it would be very anticlimactic to introduce her in such a dramatic fashion only for her to barely appear this season. Better to leave her off-screen for the time being until there's a concrete storyline for her in Season 5.

:agree: Although, to be fair that is exactly what the Season 2 finale with the White Walkers was.

:agree: Although, to be fair that is exactly what the Season 2 finale with the White Walkers was.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I wrote my comment! :cheers:

I doubt they wanted it to happen that way. Opening scene of Season 3 was actually filmed at the very end of their shooting schedule and I imagine the show probably ran out of money by that time. Definitely anticlimactic after the epic scene to close out the previous season. Unfortunate, but there it is.

It's getting pretty late in the game. Unless they're going for extra soggy...did they cut LS? I'd be pretty bummed. Although given the next episode title is Oathkeeper, it makes sense episode 4, if any would have it.

If they cut her and added that Jaime rape scene, I'd say they thoroughly botched they are 2/4 this season so far...

If they cut her I'll really be ticked but I hardly think it is too late. Yes we know from being told later that she was revived like a day or two after the Red Wedding (I think they took some time to throw her into the river), but she doesn't actually show up again or even get a mention in SOS till the epilogue. Theoretically she could have already "risen" and like in the books we won't see it till the end.

My bet is she is the last scene set in Ep. 10 - heck maybe even the last scene. I think they'll show Lysa die and have "only Cat" and then see her back from the dead.

ETA: Truth be told as long as it isn't like last season's Dany Crowd Surfing scene I will be pleased.

My bet is she is the last scene set in Ep. 10 - heck maybe even the last scene. I think they'll show Lysa die and have "only Cat" and then see her back from the dead.

ETA: Truth be told as long as it isn't like last season's Dany Crowd Surfing scene I will be pleased.

Love the idea of it transitioning from Lysa's death to SH. Couldn't agree more on the S3 last shot....that was just awful.

Call me old fashioned too, but i'd rather the story be told the way the author wants it to be.

It's getting pretty late in the game. Unless they're going for extra soggy...did they cut LS? I'd be pretty bummed. Although given the next episode title is Oathkeeper, it makes sense episode 4, if any would have it.

If they cut her and added that Jaime rape scene, I'd say they thoroughly botched they are 2/4 this season so far...

it is not. we won't see her until late season. there's plenty ahead before that

Archived