About the Houses mentioned by Davos in this episode

LuisDantas

Two exist in the books.

Peasbury

House Peasebury of Poddingfield is a noble house from Poddingfield in the Stormlands.

Musgood

House Musgood is a noble house from the Stormlands.

The third one sounds like House "Haye", but I can't find anything on it.

I assumed they were minor houses... and Stannis needs major houses...

What makes them minor? They are noble houses all the same, and Stannis wasn't going to get one of the great lords on his side.

The closed caption confirms that the houses are indeed Peasbury, Musgood and Haigh. I'm really surprised that they used Haigh here, since being an inland house from the Riverlands and a vassal from the Freys they couldn't possibly side with Stannis. It's not a big deal, but I don't understand hy they dropped the ball on this one, as it was really easy to go through a list of Stormland houses and choose from there.

FWIW, Peasbury and Musgood are good choices.

What makes them minor? They are noble houses all the same, and Stannis wasn't going to get one of the great lords on his side.

Manpower, size of the lands, wealth, privileges... Even if the juridacal status is the same, noble houses greatly vary between them.

Compare House Webber from TSS, that could muster a couple dozen men, to House Karstark in AGOT, that brings more than three thousand men to Robb's army.

I'm really surprised that they used Haigh here, since being and inland house from the Riverlands and a vassal from the Freys they couldn't possibly side with Stannis. It's not a big deal, but I don't understand hy they dropped the ball on this one, as it was really easy to go through a list of Stormland houses and choose from there.

Because there's no good reason to go against the Freys, right? :p

The scene is a bit confusing actually, why would houses that between them all "couldn't raid a pantry" side with Stannis. His cause at this point seems pretty bleak - their chance of success is minimal and they have everything to lose...

Fear?

They've no doubt heard that the red witch is burning everyone these days, including relatives. As a small house that we assume is in close proximity to Dragonstone the mentality may be self-preservation rather than any belief Stannis is going to win the game of thrones.

Stannis gives a fairly good explanation in ADWD, IIRC. The Lords of those Houses expect to gain favor (and lands, gold and prestige) if they are perceived as loyal to him and he is at all succesful.

Typical behavior, actually. That is how things work in the feudal system.

The scene is a bit confusing actually, why would houses that between them all "couldn't raid a pantry" side with Stannis. His cause at this point seems pretty bleak - their chance of success is minimal and they have everything to lose...

Well, it they are that small and weak, they have less to lose. Perhaps they were once much stronger houses with more land who feel cheated, and want to claim back everything they once had.

I also wondered about something else. Who the fuck was "King Orys' who got slain by his brother? Was that Aenys?

That seems to be the general consensus - Orys is a replacement for Aenys who was rumoured to be killed by his brother Maegor the Cruel.

I wondered if House Haigh may actually have been House Hasty of the Stormlands, with Davos either mispronouncing it or being cut off by Stannis before he could say the "stee" part. Rewatching the scene though, he definitely appears to say House Haigh.

Archived