Feminism - Now with an extra helping of gender roles

Lyanna Stark

Except he never specified that, good job trying to be witty. :D

That's sure what it sounded like he was doing, although I apologize if that wasn't the case. I believe it was, though

Because men are more logical thinkers, due to being the ones who need to kill and protect (of course this isn't always the case, I'm talking about more so, and on average) Watch this to see why men & women choose different jobs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTOFXLl7eh4

What on Earth does logic have to do with killing and protecting? I mean, more so than caring for children, that is. Cite a scholarly article supporting the idea that men are more "logical thinkers," whatever that means, and maybe I'll give credence to this claim.

Look the logical conclusion from that statement is thus: the people telling him he needs to study the rhetorics were wrong, the problem isn't the way he's arguing but that his idea of logic is so divorced from what the term means that it's meaningless.

I also like that there's a whole lot of new evidence indicating many ancestors simply ran things to death over days. It's funny because women in general these days have better endurance than men.

Oops.

Another study has shown that women in the business world tend to make better decisions overall than men but are more risk averse. I wonder - when hunting these supposed animals, which is more important - making the right decision or making a risky one?

Look the logical conclusion from that statement is thus: the people telling him he needs to study the rhetorics were wrong, the problem isn't the way he's arguing but that his idea of logic is so divorced from what the term means that it's meaningless.

That doesn't help lend credence to the claim that men are more logical, I suppose. Although it's only one data point, so who am I to argue with such a claim?

Also, the video linked is a prime example of fallacious logic. He starts with the idea that there is true equality in Norway(which isn't true; it's simply one of the most equitable) and then leads everything from it. A quote from that video is telling - a man is asked why there aren't more women in construction, and he says that it's a job for men mostly.

Zipper, don't you think, maybe, that women don't really want to go join a specific workforce where the average view is that they shouldn't be in it?

Archived