(beware spoilers) Tywin is the new kingslayer?

rocksniffer

Even in the show Tywin says something like "he may be the least of us but he's a Lannister" regarding Tyrion's abduction by Catelyn.

So no, I don't think show Tywin would have killed or have stood back and let Joffrey be killed as it would weaken the Lannister's reputation and embolden their enemies if they were allowed to kill Joffrey with impunity.

However, the scene at Joffrey's funeral bier made it perfectly clear that Tywn was coldly dismissing Joffrey as yesterday's news (and good riddance) and making inroads on Tommen's education while ALSO making the point to Cersei that she's already screwed up one king, she won't have the chance to screw up another.

My biggest issue with Tywin being involved is that he always puts family first. It's the one redeeming quality of his character. He hates and loathes Tyrion, but he wasn't about to kill him. Humiliate him? Sure, but kinslaying? I don't think Tywin can kinslay. I could be wrong. I'm sure lots of people disagree with me.

Book tywin would also never have a who're in his bed.

This episode certainly implied that Tywin was in on it, or at the very least considered it a happy accident. I also found his discussion with Oberyn late in the episode fascinating. I had always thought Tywin was in Cersei's camp during the trial, but the show seemed to suggest that he was trying to rig the trial in Tyrion's favor.

This episode certainly implied that Tywin was in on it, or at the very least considered it a happy accident. I also found his discussion with Oberyn late in the episode fascinating. I had always thought Tywin was in Cersei's camp during the trial, but the show seemed to suggest that he was trying to rig the trial in Tyrion's favor.

No, he was trying to rig it AGAINST Tyrion.

He was positively giddy in this episode. Joffrey being dead was a great thing for him even if he didn't do it, and now he had an opportunity to rid himself of the lawful heir to Casterly Rock who he considers unworthy. He wants Tyrion convicted.

My biggest issue with Tywin being involved is that he always puts family first. It's the one redeeming quality of his character. He hates and loathes Tyrion, but he wasn't about to kill him. Humiliate him? Sure, but kinslaying? I don't think Tywin can kinslay. I could be wrong. I'm sure lots of people disagree with me.

as is mentioned with the whole lone wolf/pack....as he witnessed first hand what one king (the Mad King-born from inbreeding) did to his own family and the fact the Targs for all intents and purposes are dead, would you think he would be willing to suffer another inbred mad Lannister king and risking the death/destruction of his family? He does hold family very high, he seems only to care about his family and his legacy.

It wasn't the first time I thought Tywin killed Joffrey so I wasn't surprised by the show, especially considering how Tyrion kept insisting he should be heir to the Rock. I think Tywin might have actually might have been worried he could get it by default. Considering the hand he played in the Red Wedding.... Tywin not only rids himself of an insane child king by poisoning him, but gets rid of nuisance who actually has the only real claim to the Rock after he dies....by killing Joff, blaming Tyrion who he was supposedly the whole time planning on sending to the Wall. Its a TyWIN WIN WIN.

Once Tywin became Hand Tyion kept pestering him about his legal rights, and while still a Lannister, Tywin was embarrassed of him. Its one thing to suffer a dwarf to live with your name, its another to "allow" him to inherit the Rock (and legacy) that he had just spent a lifetime repairing, in his eyes after his own father allowed the Lannister name to flounder, he didn't want Tyrion to do the same.

So he rules the realm and has time to convince Jaimie of choose an heir he would like without Joffery effing things up or having to worry about Tyion trying to get the Westerlands. The ironic part is I am sure Tyrion would have risen to the challenge as Lord of the Rock, as he did as Hand of the King...Tywin though the Imp would be content with the North via Sansa I am sure.

or as Tyrion does say in the show, Tywin never misses as chance to USE a tragedy to his advantage.

No, he was trying to rig it AGAINST Tyrion.

He was positively giddy in this episode. Joffrey being dead was a great thing for him even if he didn't do it, and now he had an opportunity to rid himself of the lawful heir to Casterly Rock who he considers unworthy. He wants Tyrion convicted.

it was 420, guess I was way too high by the time that scene happened, ill have to rewatch tonight

Archived