Jon Connington/Griff

The Flaymaester

• 2 months later...

He's too old. He needs to be the around the same age as Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington and Richard Madden (ie mid twenties).

My preferences are either Jamie Campbell Bower (24):

http://www.cityofbonesmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/jamie-campbell-bower-111.jpg

(he looks Targaryen)

OR Robert Sheehan (25):

http://i3.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article1774439.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/robert%20sheehan-1774439.jpg

(he bears quite the resemblance to Harry Lloyd)

He's too old. He needs to be the around the same age as Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington and Richard Madden (ie mid twenties).

My preferences are either Jamie Campbell Bower (24):

http://www.cityofbonesmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/jamie-campbell-bower-111.jpg

(he looks Targaryen)

OR Robert Sheehan (25):

http://i3.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article1774439.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/robert%20sheehan-1774439.jpg

He is 4 years older than the actresses who plays Daenerys, surely that's not too much. Although I can't say that I don't agree with your second choice. Robert Sheehan really has a certain resemblance to Harry Lloyd.

• 2 weeks later...

So Season 4 is 2nd half of book 3 and season is books 4 & 5 since they happen at same time. we're catching up! The kingsmoot is likely going to be scratched & I don't think Euron or Victarion will be cast as we simply have way too many characters to fit into a tv show already. But Aegon VI & Jon Connington seemingly play a bigger role so who should be cast as them? I favor Ian Cusick for Jon Connington and Charlie A. Woods as Aegon VI

its not yet confirm that he is aegon vi. calling him young griff or mummers dragon would rather be more decent at this stage.

• 4 weeks later...

After seeing the promotional pics of Vikings second season I want George Blagden as Aegon :blushing:

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1476159_463383337099879_454989226_n.jpg

He's British, he's in right age, he's interested in period dramas. Not to mention that he's an absolute eye candy.

I like George Blagden a lot and would definitely love to see him on the show, but not as Aegon. Ideally - he is Tristifer Botley to me, but as they probably cut that character, I can see him as Quentyn (weel maybe if they give him dark contact lenses :)

I like George Blagden a lot and would definitely love to see him on the show, but not as Aegon. Ideally - he is Tristifer Botley to me, but as they probably cut that character, I can see him as Quentyn (weel maybe if they give him dark contact lenses :)

I had to check who Tristifer was :blushing: Yeah, the character's physical description fits George perfectly but I guess you're right - he is a very, very minor character and I would be surprise if they put him in the show.

As for Quentyn - I'm not really fond of that idea. Remeber what happened when Pedro Pascal was cast and people where complaining that he is too light skinned for a role. I think someone like Dev Patel would be a better choice.

Well, everyone can have their casting preferences, thats ok. :)

However

If I were a showrunner of GoT I would not give in in to such unrounded and agressive bullying from some "equal-opportunity fans".

I for one always pictured Dornish as a Spanish-mavriatanian variation - there are lot's of elements in the books that almost screem of Iberian peninsula of Middle-ages - and its not fault of the showrunners that for some book readers have no idiea of the history of europe and that particualr region and that for them "darker" or "olive skinned" immediately brings associations with Latin America or Indian Sub-continent. By the way for the most of the first half of the 20th cetury italians wre often referred as "olive skinned" in USA.

Giving Dornish roles to Indian/pakistani actors would definitelty make show more racially diverse, but then why not make Danny chinise and Starks - black? This would give a perfect racial diversity.

I think some filmmakers should have stuck with non-caucasian actors when this was necessary , like when they whitewashed all the characters of the Earthsea series- that was totally inapropriate and wrong, and the TV series sucked anyway, but they should leave Dornish out of this color speculation politics.

Well, everyone can have their casting preferences, thats ok. :)

However

If I were a showrunner of GoT I would not give in in to such unrounded and agressive bullying from some "equal-opportunity fans".

I for one always pictured Dornish as a Spanish-mavriatanian variation - there are lot's of elements in the books that almost screem of Iberian peninsula of Middle-ages - and its not fault of the showrunners that for some book readers have no idiea of the history of europe and that particualr region and that for them "darker" or "olive skinned" immediately brings associations with Latin America or Indian Sub-continent. By the way for the most of the first half of the 20th cetury italians wre often referred as "olive skinned" in USA.

Giving Dornish roles to Indian/pakistani actors would definitelty make show more racially diverse, but then why not make Danny chinise and Starks - black? This would give a perfect racial diversity.

I think some filmmakers should have stuck with non-caucasian actors when this was necessary , like when they whitewashed all the characters of the Earthsea series- that was totally inapropriate and wrong, and the TV series sucked anyway, but they should leave Dornish out of this color speculation politics.

Well, olive skin is a skin hue rather than skin tone, and can be both darker and lighter. But I believe that it originally referred to Meditarranean people. And I would not call South Asians "olive skinned", I think it's darker than what "olive skin" is supposed to be, it's rather brown Yes, Indira Varma was cast as Ellaria, but she is half-Indian and has rather light skin.

BTW I just found this - olive skin is classified in the same skin tone that Sandra Bullock has. http://blog.evoderma.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/evoderma-fitzpatrick-skin-tone-scale.png

Yeh I'm so glad those people who thought casting a Bollywood actor for Oberyn and the other Martells have shut up, Indira is half indian but she isn't a Bollywood actress. She is by far more capable than the actresses I have seen in the cheese-fest Bollywood flicks.

Young Griff- Jaime Campbell Bower or Bradley James (Bower being my preferred choice)

Jon Con- Domonic West or Clive Owen (West being my preferred choice)

• 1 month later...

I would love to see Kevin McKidd as Jon Connington, he is perfect, uncanny, but as he seems to be opposed to GOT I'm just going to throw this out there. How about Viggo Mortensen? He doesn't seem to have a whole lot going on right now so he might up for it.

OR Robert Sheehan (25):

I don't see much of a resemblance to Harry Lloyd, but he looks remarkably like Emilia Clarke in that photo, to the point where they could pass as twins. They have the same exact eyes.

its not yet confirm that he is aegon vi. calling him young griff or mummers dragon would rather be more decent at this stage.

Well...we can and should call him Aegon VI simply because that IS his real name. He doesn't have any other birth name. Young Griff is nothing more than a nickname. It is not confirmed whether he is the son of Elia and Rhaegar.

Archived