Jon Connington/Griff

The Flaymaester

No, I'm not. I genuinely think so.

Essos is where the white people came from in this show. The First Men came from Essos into Dorne from the South across a Landbridge, then the Andals landed in the Vale and Crownlands in Boats - From Essos. The "Asians" are from the Far East which in the Books is called Yi Ti - beyond Quarth.

He's too old. He needs to be the around the same age as Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington and Richard Madden (ie mid twenties).

My preferences are either Jamie Campbell Bower (24):

http://www.cityofbonesmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/jamie-campbell-bower-111.jpg

(he looks Targaryen)

OR Robert Sheehan (25):

http://i3.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article1774439.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/robert%20sheehan-1774439.jpg

(he bears quite the resemblance to Harry Lloyd)

Agreed

JCB really looks Targaryen and Robert Sheehan looks like Dany lol

http://us.cdn281.fansshare.com/photos/robertsheehan/misfits-robert-sheehan-1291623261.jpg

And Kevin McKidd would be awesome as Connington.

+ James Purefoy as Euron Greyjoy and Ray Stevenson as Victarion -> Club of Rome reunited.

I would like to see Sean Harris as Jon Connington (his performance in The Borgias was really good) and Robert Sheehan as Aegon, Campbell Bower is a litte too fair-skinned to pass as half-Dornish which Aegon should be (if he's the real Aegon). As a bonus, Harris and Sheehan are both 1,83 m and Aegon is as tall as Connington in the book.

• 3 weeks later...

Aegon Targaryen: Matthew James Thomas

Jon Connington: Kevin McKidd, Damian Lewis, Henry Ian Cusick, David Wenham, Sean Harris

I have a hard time casting JonCon. I can't really remember how old he's supposed to be. Am I correct when I say he's somewhere in his 40's-50's?

In the books, he's roughly the same age as Rhaegar I believe, which would put him around forty. Show wise, late forties, early fifties.

My choice. Steven Waddington

I'm really feeling Robert Sheehan for Aegon. I see a strong resemblance not only between him and Harry Lloyd (Viserys), but between him and Emilia Clarke. Not only is there a bit of resemblance in terms of their faces, but he also has green eyes, just as they do.

It's hard for me to think of him in a more serious role, since I remember Nathan from Misfits so vividly ("It BREAKS MY HEART! You're wearing CARDIGANS!"), but I think he could pull it off, and the show cast a comic actor in a serious role for Hizdahr (Joel Fry).

I won't accept any other than Kevin McKidd. That's how I picture JC

Too bad that apparently he told James Purefoy that he'd never do Game of Thrones, since GOT "stole" Rome, by HBO going ahead with GOT and ditching Rome.

Damian Lewis seems too high-profile after headlining Homeland for a role like JonCon.

Spot on! I think Kevin McKidd has an air of cunning about him that JonCon shouldn't have, while Sean Harris doesn't have the right built and voice for JonCon. Marton Czokas is also a good choice and why wouldn't a Hungarian be added to the international GoT cast?

As I said before, I am currently in the 'Damian Lewis for JonCon' camp (although I would also accept David Wenham despite him being my pick for Euron). However, after seeing Black Sails I kind of wish it didn't exist because Toby Stephens would have made a fantastic JonCon.

• 2 weeks later...

For Jon Connington/Griff, I think Sean Harris would be pretty good. He even looks exactly like JonCon as described in the books (They don't have to dye his hair blue). Even though JonCon's type of character is not really his type of acting style, he might be good enough.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0365317/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

Archived