Jon Connington/Griff

The Flaymaester

I think ages are a little less important that look/size, which are a little less important than ability.

I reckon HL is a decent proposal. Tall rangy chap, could be an old warrior.

We also have to keep in mind that all the characters have been aged in the show.

His good friend Steven Fry had a small role in the Hobbit, so maybe Hugh wan't to top that !

But McKidd would seem like a good and realistic choice.

I think Benedict Cumberbatch would make a pretty decent Jon Con. They tried to contact him once for a role, right? So they have him on their radar.

Jon is the only important character that we have left I think he'd suit, plus with a couple of fan faves kicking it this season, and with AFFC and ADWD not as... uh, "interesting" as the past seasons (not a view I share), I think they'll need a big name to hook the fans.

I think Benedict Cumberbatch would make a pretty decent Jon Con. They tried to contact him once for a role, right? So they have him on their radar.

Jon is the only important character that we have left I think he'd suit, plus with a couple of fan faves kicking it this season, and with AFFC and ADWD not as... uh, "interesting" as the past seasons (not a view I share), I think they'll need a big name to hook the fans.

Which role?

So was Sean Bean though. JonCon should be a little older than Ned Stark, so it isn't that much of a stretch to use an actor who is younger than Sean Bean.

You are right. They were both born in 1959. Why not? Hugh Laurie would be good for any role. I can see him as JonCon. However, that would be too much of expense for such a role.

I like Laurie and I can't wait for people stop calling him "House". But I won't accept him as Jon Con.

(How old is Con supposed to be, anyway? Wasn't he squire for Rhaegar? I always assumed he was younger than Tywin when he was hand, less than 20, hence the "too soon")

I like Laurie and I can't wait for people stop calling him "House". But I won't accept him as Jon Con.

(How old is Con supposed to be, anyway? Wasn't he squire for Rhaegar? I always assumed he was younger than Tywin when he was hand, less than 20, hence the "too soon")

This.

He should be similar to Jaime/Cersei of age.

He is a good actor, but is nothing like how I pictured JonCon. My picks:

JonCon - Kevin McKidd (I would have said Damian Lewis, but he is caught up in Homeland).

Young Griff - Jamie Campbell Bower.

oh, and OP, I disagree about your assessment of the Iron Islands stuff.

This is good.

Archived