How long did it take for you to read all five books?

iliasb

I do never read more than one chapter each day, and I'm as well not the fastest reader. I started in the very beginning of 2013, so I needed more than a year to read it, but I have already started several re-reads while reading the books to remember details from the first books.

In general, it was an awesome read. Have never read something that fascinating before.

10 days

About the same. I got very, very little sleep, but it was a situation I can only compare to a game of Civilization and the adage of 'one more turn..' that's associated with it.

Multiple evenings I read from sunset to sunup, without realizing that I had been reading the same book(s) for 8-10 hours straight.

Nine years. Although, in the case of A Dance with Dragons, less than twenty-four hours. So many years I waited for that book and then Martin decides to release it a couple of weeks before my bar examination. Such is life.

How do you people read the entire series in 3 weeks?! Don't you have jobs, or have to sleep?

I read the entire series during our christmas break, which is about 3 weeks, and through to the early parts of January, and I don't remember sleeping much during that time. :)

15 years overall.

But the time invested during that time was about 4 weeks.

In those days I would get thorugh 2 books a week but I spent a bit longer on these ones.

The fifth book wasn't out when I first read the series. It took me about a month or two to burn through the first four books. When the fifth came out I made it through in a little over a week.

About 1 month per book back in 2012. ASoS took a little less than a month because that shit was addicting. AFfC and ADwD took a little over a month.

So altogether... I started in late April/early May 2012, and finished on December 4th, 2012.

About 24 days of actual reading over a period of 13-14 months. One week for AGOT, some weeks' break, a bit under two weeks for ACOK-AFFC, a year waiting for ADWD to come out and then four days to read it.

Archived