[Book Spoilers] Bran and Company

BurDoc725

Locke wouldn't even consider the notion that Bran and Rickon would be beyond the Wall (why would anyone think that's where they would go?). The belief is that if Jon's not harboring them at Castle Black, he would know where they went to keep them safe. So Locke infiltrating the NW in order to get info from Jon would most likely be the plan. They don't have any other leads about where Bran and Rickon went. Jon is the play which is why Locke will spend significant time there, in order to try and get that info from him.

So Locke infiltrating the NW in order to get info from Jon would most likely be the plan. They don't have any other leads about where Bran and Rickon went. Jon is the play which is why Locke will spend significant time there, in order to try and get that info from him.

I'll be mildly surprised if we see Locke actually pretending to join the NW - I assume he'll just show up as a visitor, perhaps as an emissary of the new ruler of the North to check up on how the Wall's going and to "offer help". And him joining Jon on the expedition to Craster's would be a good way to gain Jon's trust, with the main goal of finding information about Bran and Rickon, and the additional option of killing Jon himself if the opportunity arises - that doesn't seem to be part of any plan, but I assume the Boltons wouldn't be annoyed.

But I'm not sure how they'd play Locke as a Bolton flunkey with whatever Jon knows of the Red Wedding details.

If we'd heard anything about Osha's and Rickon's actors being back this year, I'd assume that Locke would somehow interact with them, but since there's been no news on them (has there?), that's probably not going to happen.

I'm having trouble understanding almost everything you mentioned here.

I don't think that Bran and Co, would be put up against deserters of the NW with out Coldhands to defend them. In the book they found a cave and shared a meal with a guy Bran thought was a "Liddle", I goof on the name, but the point was it was too late for that meeting.

I don't think that Bran and Co, would be put up against deserters of the NW with out Coldhands to defend them. In the book they found a cave and shared a meal with a guy Bran thought was a "Liddle", I goof on the name, but the point was it was too late for that meeting.

I don't think Bran and co are going to fight the NW mutineers, it sounds like they're going to just stumble upon Craster's when looking for shelter (possibly after a WW encounter). They won't really know what they've got themselves into until it's too late.

Sorry, but Bran and company taking shelter/being captured at Craster's makes zero sense. Unless Summer, Meera and Hodor are going to kill all the baddie NW guys, it is not logical.

Rast: "Hello, that is a cool direwolf you got there. One of my former brothers of the NW had a white one; that sat on my chest one day and looked to want to chew my throat out! His owner is half Stark and I can't stand his ass. I recall he had brothers and sisters who had direwolves as well! What to come in out of the cold and have a bite to eat....perhaps a warm bed?"

Bran and Company: " :dunno: :bs: "

Spoiler TV posted a few promotional photos from "Oathkeeper". One of them features Bran in a location that's clearly indoors - a cabin of some kind.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/04/game-of-thrones-episode-404-oathkeeper_25.html

Obviously the nature of the location can't be definitively ascertained, but that sure looks like it could be Craster's Keep to me.

If he wasn’t a Liddle, then what was he?

Only once did they encounter any of the mountain people, when a sudden burst of freezing rain sent them looking for shelter. Summer found it for them, sniffing out a shallow cave behind the grey-green branches of a towering sentinel tree, but when Hodor ducked beneath the stony overhang, Bran saw the orange glow of fire far ther back and realized they were not alone.

“Come in and warm yourselves,” a man’s voice called out. “There’s stone enough to keep the rain off all our heads.” He offered them oatcakes and blood sausage and a swallow of ale from a skin he carried, but never his name; nor did he ask theirs. Bran figured him for a Liddle. The clasp that fastened his squirrelskin cloak was gold and bronze and wrought in the shape of a pinecone, and the Liddles bore pinecones on the white half of their green-and-white shields.

“Is it far to the Wall?” Bran asked him as they waited for the rain to stop.

“Not so far as the raven flies,” said the Liddle, if that was who he was. “Farther, for them as lacks wings.”

Bran started, “I’d bet we’d be there if...”

“... we took the kingsroad,” Meera finished with him.

The Liddle took out a knife and whittled at a stick. “When there was a Stark in Winterfell, a maiden girl could walk the kingsroad in her name-day gown and still go unmolested, and travelers could find fire, bread, and salt at many an inn and holdfast. But the nights are colder now, and doors are closed. There’s squids in the wolfswood, and flayed men ride the kingsroad asking after strangers.”

Maybe the Liddle will find Osha and Rickon in their way to Last Heart?

It seems that Natalia Tena is returning for Season 4.

http://www.mugglenet.com/2014/03/natalia-tena-talks-season-4-of-game-of-thrones/

That's great! If we see Osha, we'll see Rickon. Tis the season of the two little boys that many viewers don't even remember--Tommen and Rickon.

In watching that interview, the only thing that touches on S4 is when the interviewer asks "What are you up to in this season?" and she answers "Well, we can't talk about anything that happens...".

You could take that either way but there's been absolutely nothing to indicate her or Art Parkinson were involved in the filming for S4, it would have had to be very hush, hush if that were the case.

Regardless, seeing Osha and Rickon would be very cool, I hope it happens. I'm just not holding my breath at this point.

Have they cast Coldhands? Do we know for sure he's going to make an appearance, or will he just be another character they toss away for convenience sake?

There will be no Coldhands in the show, confirmed in an interview with John Bradley (Sam).

I know that there is zero logic when it comes to how people travel around this insanely massive continent, but are we really to believe that the Night's Watch is going to ride to Craster's Keep, kill those people, ride back to Castle Black, and then fight off the wildlings approaching from the South, and then the wildlings from the North after that? Is there enough time for that? Or did the Night's Watch somehow get a hold of Littlefinger's pocket transporter?

I know that there is zero logic when it comes to how people travel around this insanely massive continent, but are we really to believe that the Night's Watch is going to ride to Craster's Keep, kill those people, ride back to Castle Black, and then fight off the wildlings approaching from the South, and then the wildlings from the North after that? Is there enough time for that? Or did the Night's Watch somehow get a hold of Littlefinger's pocket transporter?

There is no separate Wildling attack from the South. The 2 attacks happen concurrently in E9 so Jon and crew will have plenty of time to get back from Craster's and prepare.

I feel like the "2 attacks happen together in E9" should be stickied at the top of every page here so I can stop explaining it in every thread.

There is no separate Wildling attack from the South. The 2 attacks happen concurrently in E9 so Jon and crew will have plenty of time to get back from Craster's and prepare.

I feel like the "2 attacks happen together in E9" should be stickied at the top of every page here so I can stop explaining it in every thread.

Seems pretty simple to me as well from the synopsis (paraphrasing but something about Jon's advice about holding the Wall falling on deaf ears) .. Thorne will likely rally a defense of CB against Styr/Ygritte and Co. (from season trailer "Brothers.. tonight we fight" etc..) whilst the wall is breached .. Will probably miss out on some of the cool visuals from ASoS namely from the first successful defense of the Wall but I won't lose much sleep over it..

Archived