Small questions v.10079

Angalin

I'm not sure I just figured that since there are theories about theories that someone would dispute that it was Varys & have some lengthy discussion about why it was someone else lol

Try googling:

rugen coin site:asoiaf.westeros.org

They're not exactly about it being someone else but there are theories as to why it was left.

Which houses stayed loyal to the Mad King during Roberts rebellion?

House Targaryen, House Tyrell, House Martell, House Darry, House Ryger, House Mooton, House Goodbrook, House Cafferen, House Fell, House Grandison, House Grafton, House Chelsted, House Merryweather and House Connington

There were probably more, but these we know about.

In Catelyn I a Game of Thrones, she thinks of the Godswood and mentions that Riverrun keeps one as all of the Great Houses do. Does this include the Martells? And also, isnt she wrong about that anyway, as the Arryns have no Godswood?

For Dorne it is unlikely that they have a Godswood unless it is for "guest", but the Daynes do folllow the old Gods, so it is possible.

As for RR this is the wiki. from Catelyn III aSoS.

Godswood, The godswood is a bright and airy garden, with redwoods, flowers, nesting birds, and streams. It's heart tree is a slender carved Weirwood.

i think benjen is coldhands...thoughts??

There are whole threads about CH, Benjen, and why Benjen isn't CH.

Who was the author of this "no girls on throne" law after The Dance? Was it Aegon II himself or someone else?

I mean, there is a chance Maelor died already before Helaena did (people of KL were shouting "they killed queen's sons", remember?), it would not be very logical of Aegon to pass his daughter for his nephew.

So, if it is Aegon who is author of this law, and if he did it after Rhaenyra's death, does it mean Maelor was alive?

Though the Pedia doesn't say it was Aegon II's law, it just say "Targaryens practiced agnatic primogeniture"

For Dorne it is unlikely that they have a Godswood unless it is for "guest", but the Daynes do folllow the old Gods, so it is possible.

As for RR this is the wiki. from Catelyn III aSoS.

There are whole threads about CH, Benjen, and why Benjen isn't CH.

Yeah, I know Riverrun has a Godswood. I was more wondering about Dorne,. thanks

For Dorne it is unlikely that they have a Godswood unless it is for "guest"

I'm curious why you think so. We don't know for sure, but based on the fact that almost every other castle we've seen has a Godswood I'd lean towards Dorne having them too. Even the Andals who built the Eyrie tried to plant a Godswood with a weirwood for some reason. As did Harren the Black though he did not worship the old gods. Unless a weirwood won't grow in the Dornish soil, I would expect there to be one at the center of Sunspear's Godswood.

I suppose it's also possible the Roynish hate trees for some reason and would have chopped it down, but there's no reason to assume that at the moment.

Excuse me for asking, someone said something elsewhere that blew my mind - there's a theory out there that Daario is Benjen? :ack:

Just one of the many crackpot theories out there. Here's a reddit link:

(Spoilers ALL) Benjen Stark's Secret Identity Theory : asoiaf

Who was the author of this "no girls on throne" law after The Dance? Was it Aegon II himself or someone else?

I mean, there is a chance Maelor died already before Helaena did (people of KL were shouting "they killed queen's sons", remember?), it would not be very logical of Aegon to pass his daughter for his nephew.

So, if it is Aegon who is author of this law, and if he did it after Rhaenyra's death, does it mean Maelor was alive?

Though the Pedia doesn't say it was Aegon II's law, it just say "Targaryens practiced agnatic primogeniture"

Most likely it happened during the Regent Wars that followed the Dance. Aegon III was only 11 when he ascended the throne, and would have had regents for 5 years. And it seems he had many regents over the years.

Yes, Maelor most likely died before Helaena, but during the story in Dangerous Women, it just didn't happen on page. Perhaps the circumstances of his death will be mentioned in the World Book,

Just one of the many crackpot theories out there. Here's a reddit link:

(Spoilers ALL) Benjen Stark's Secret Identity Theory : asoiaf

Thanks for the link. I needed a good laugh. :)

It all turns on Benjen having blue eyes, essentially. I don't buy the idea that Ned shared Lyanna's secret with him, it would have been too dangerous. And if he knew he was Lyanna's child, I just can't see him agreeing to let Jon go the wall and extinguish her line. But especially not, becaue the characters are too different. Benjen Stark going to bed with Danaerys, his step-niece, and screwing her every which way to Sunday? Sorry, no.

Does anyone know of a good thread discussing why Catelyn, when going down to the Twins to discuss the terms of the Freys joining Robb, offered Arya, but not Sansa, as the future wife of one of Walders sons? I mean, yes, she was betrothed to Joffrey, but Robb was marching to KL to kill Joffrey, or at least get his entire family back. Every chance of Robb agreeing to a marriage between Sansa and Joffrey was over. So why offer Arya, but not Sansa, who would have been a far greater prize for Lord Walder?

So if anyone knows about a thread about this...?

If Ser Arthur Dayne and the Sword of the Morning tradition are any indication, the Daynes most likely follow the Faith of the Seven.

Archived