(SHOW SPOILERS) An Early Look At Episode 4--THAT scene

iheartseverus

I thought THAT scene was already supposed to be the Ramsay playing in the woods with a friend scence. Now I'm scared of watching. :ack:

Agreed. Mother have mercy...

My money is on Craster's Keep or something with the mountain.

Doesn't the name Oathbreaker mean something? Brienne gets given this sword and has a few nasty fights. It is a bit early for this but they've moved other stuff forward and now Sansa has left she'll start her search for her.

The name is actually Oathkeeper--see the other ep. 4 thread here for the discussion.

I heard that they are going to reintroduce The Mountain with that inn keepers daughter scene. But i think they did a somewhat different version of it with polliver.

Yeah, that was just speculation many had prior to the season based on the casting but obviously, the scene was only about Polliver. I don't think the Mountain is showing up until much closer to duel time, maybe the episode before.

The Mountain has a scene in episode seven where he kills commoners that the city watch are holding in front of him while Cersei looks on. This is the scene where he is shirtless with his greatsword. I imagine this will be his reintroduction and that Cersei will be having him do this in viewing of Tyrion's cell to intimidate him and Bronn.

The Mountain has a scene in episode seven where he kills commoners that the city watch are holding in front of him while Cersei looks on. This is the scene where he is shirtless with his greatsword. I imagine this will be his reintroduction and that Cersei will be having him do this in viewing of Tyrion's cell to intimidate him and Bronn.

Where have you heard that? I hope they give him some more time before that. IMO, if they want to build him up properly they need to show him taking out soldiers in brutal and easy fashion. Right now, the only feats he has are killing a horse, and going at it with his little brother for 10 seconds. And that was years ago. He needs to be shown as a great warrior and not only a sadist who kills the helpless.

In September (look it up on the wicnet tumblr timeline) a guy took pictures of GoT filming in Dubrovnik. We saw the clapper thing in his photos (you know that you snap and then say "action"?) and it had episode 7 written on it. Also Alik Sakharov was present. Also we've seen glimpses of this scene in trailers and the Foreshadowing feature. Gregor shirtless killing innocents and Cersei watching in her black mourning attire. This was when Lena Headey and Halfthor Bjornsson took their picture together to show their height difference. That picture is all over the internet.

From the recently-released episode summaries we know that ep 7 "Mockingbird" is when Oberyn comes to Tyrion and says he'll be his chamption. So its fitting that its also when Bronn says he won't be his champion. What better way to illustrate that then have Bronn and Tyrion witness Gregor's beastliness?

Where have you heard that? I hope they give him some more time before that. IMO, if they want to build him up properly they need to show him taking out soldiers in brutal and easy fashion. Right now, the only feats he has are killing a horse, and going at it with his little brother for 10 seconds. And that was years ago. He needs to be shown as a great warrior and not only a sadist who kills the helpless.

The scene described above does that pretty admirably I would imagine. And you've now had enough characters talk about the Mountain that the audience has a good idea of what a monster he is. He's been mentioned in every episode so far this season in one form or another. Sometimes less is more.

Also, which soldiers is he taking out in this scenario? There's not really anyone for him to fight at the moment.

The scene described above does that pretty admirably I would imagine. And you've now had enough characters talk about the Mountain that the audience has a good idea of what a monster he is. He's been mentioned in every episode so far this season in one form or another. Sometimes less is more.

Also, which soldiers is he taking out in this scenario? There's not really anyone for him to fight at the moment.

Not sure who he should kill. But killing helpless people doesn't show that he's a great warrior. And on some other forums I've read, people don't really talk about the Mountain when talking about the best fighters because he's barely done anything.

Maybe it could just be randon soldiers. Someone with weapons at least. Before all of this came to light, I kinda expected him to go after Locke, kill his men and torture him. As punishment for taking Jaime's hand.

Killing the helpless folks doesn't show his power but what does is that he impales a poor peasant-fellow and then lifts the fucking massive greatsword into the air with a guy still hanging from it! He's played by a bodybuilder and he's shirtless... The point is according to the leaked photos and the shots in the trailers, people will know he's a force to be reckoned with. And I imagine the "previously-on" segments will show him beheading the horse again for good measure.

Someone here wondered if the show is going to have the Mountain show up at that nice peasant's house that Arya and the Hound just left. I don't know if that's what will happen, but it'd make for good, gut-wrenching drama since we've already spent time with that nice gentle man and his little girl.

Archived