(SHOW SPOILERS) An Early Look At Episode 4--THAT scene

iheartseverus

So, we've heard that this episode contains a scene so 'violent, disturbing and disgusting' that the scene had to be cut down before they could use it, but that it's still ... terrible.

Your thoughts? Something at Craster's? The new Mountain in all his ferocious ferocity? Ramsay, who's always good for a 'too violent, disturbing and disgusting' scene?

(A very funny post from WiC re this topic had one member speculating thus: 'Littlefinger and Lysa having sex?" hahahaha

Minute-for-minute, I'd trade what we got in the North for some LF-Lysa action (I'd rather have seen the stopover at the Fingers than the made-up crap at the North).

There's an outside chance this coming episode may have one of the biggest "spoilers"/revelations the show has yet given to book readers. The artistic corpse spirals/runes are arguably more than the book has ever given us about what the White Walkers are up to, and we may get yet more information with the baby offering.

Just quoting myself to be a little smug. I didn't really expect that big a revelation, but man I was happy to see that final scene - and the added bonus is all the people complaining about how awful and inconsiderate it is for the show to spoil people.

By the by, I guess "THAT scene" is next episode? Nothing this episode seemed excessively disturbing - OK, some pretty awful stuff, but normal for this show.

Meh, I don't think crucifixions have the capacity to be that bad compared to all the gorey movies released over the past few years. People being nailed to a cross doesn't sound 'too violent, disturbing and disgusting' for modern audiences in my opinion.

Yep. They even had a crucifixion on 'Vikings' and that show doesn't even have T&A

I hope he mentions the game - it's the whole point of the speech after all.

I was waiting for that just so I point at the screen and giggle like Peter Griffin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEi4I6UWuDQ

Speaking of I'm looking forward to more cryptic Littlefinger word duels like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScQOrbNbopM

Shame Varys won't join in on the action for the near future.

Just quoting myself to be a little smug. I didn't really expect that big a revelation, but man I was happy to see that final scene - and the added bonus is all the people complaining about how awful and inconsiderate it is for the show to spoil people.

By the by, I guess "THAT scene" is next episode? Nothing this episode seemed excessively disturbing - OK, some pretty awful stuff, but normal for this show.

Honestly don't understand how you called that one but ok. I knew when I started reading the books that I was going to spoil the TV show for myself but I never guessed that watching the TV show would spoil the books after I've already read them. :blink:

Honestly don't understand how you called that one but ok. I knew when I started reading the books that I was going to spoil the TV show for myself but I never guessed that watching the TV show would spoil the books after I've already read them. :blink:

Eh, I'm just kind of amazed that after several seasons of getting everything wrong, this week I managed to somewhat accurately anticipate two things: a big beyond-the-books reveal on the White Walkers (even if I obviously didn't know what that reveal would be), and Locke joining the excursion north of the Wall to get in Jon's good graces.

I assume that means I'm never going to predict anything accurately ever again.

It is weird trying to figure out what on earth "spoiler" even means anymore, isn't it?

Yes, looks like THAT scene will be next episode. Now, after last night, I'm thinking (hoping) it will be Ghost and Summer tearing Locke apart, piece by piece.

I don't get it what was THAT scene that's supposed to be so grim?

The only things I can think of that they might have toned down would be the rape scenes at Crastor's, but given previous scenes that they have run with I can only think any really bad scenes have been moved to another episode.

The only things I can think of that they might have toned down would be the rape scenes at Crastor's, but given previous scenes that they have run with I can only think any really bad scenes have been moved to another episode.

No apparently the scene is supposed to be in the fifth episode, not the fourth. I have a feeling it is what happens to the mutineers at Crasters. Possibly mauled by one of the wolves, Rast or Karl. Or just a brutal death at the hands of the NW men.

What I sincerely hope they will not do: an assault on Meera. That would certainly be one of the most disturbing scenes in the show's history.

Yes, I know there have been many other rapes, but watching it happen to Meera would be even more terrible.

Archived