Strong Belwas (book spoilers)

There was no decapitation and no sh!tting. There will be no locust eating. Gods save the queen.

Yes this guy is a minor character but he has more of an impact on the series than the Styr the magnar of thenn. Do any of you think Strong Belwas can still make it to the screen? And if so, what changes would come to his backstory.

• 11 months later...

Strong Belwas has to be my favourite non-main character in the book also. To those non book readers out there, he is Danys personal body guard and champion, introduced in the book the same time as Ser Barriston.

When there was no lumbering Strong Belwas in the TV show I was dismayed, however in Season 5 excerpts, we are shown a gladiator ring (where Strong Belwas was a fighting pit champion) so maybe there's still some hope of him making it into the show.

I am aware the TV show can't accommodate all of the books characters, but surely you could employ an overweight actor with a pie dish for a sheiks, a studded 1 inch belt to wear for armour and a menacing face to stand behind Danny eating mostly liver and onions when on screen?

Give the guy two sentences to say every third episode and 'hey presto' Danny's 'muscle' has been bought to life....

Archived