Aurane Waters

robdavies1775

Do you guys have any idea for who could play Aurane Waters?

Early 20s, dashing with Valyrian features.

I think he will be included in the TV series as he provides a youthful counterweight to all the older figures at court during AFFC. His story also demonstrates Cersei's carelessness with investing in warships as opposed to paying back the Iron Bank.

I also suspect he'll return to play some role in the books, 3 huge warships are a force to be reckoned with. I imagine he'll side with one of the houses before the end. Therefore they ought to include him in the TV series.

I personally doubt they will have him in the tv series. For Cersei's small council, i reckon they will have Qyburn, Grand Maester Pycelle (already cast so pretty much confirmed) then Harys Swyft, who they could merge with Lord Merryweather, and make Taena his wife, or they could have both but I doubt it, either way one of them probably has to be around to be an essentially unimportant Hand. They will probably keep Randyll Tarly from the books, he is fairly memorable as he has been introduced in conversation several times already through being Sams dad, and if they need a character to merge the roles of the various Tyrell bannermen (Randyll Tarly, Matthis Rowan, and Paxter Redwyne) he is the best candidate because of that and also because he also can play other roles elsewhere. The only issue is whether they include him on Cersei's small council, or wait until later on. Mace maybe is included, but as with Randyll Tarly, him being on Cersei's small council would run counter to a major plot point, that she is basically destroying relations between the Tyrells and Lannisters.

If they really wanted to make her small council make the point that she is effectively employing them because there are submissive to her authority, then maybe they would keep Lords Swyft and Merryweather, but doubt Aurane Waters makes the cut as he runs counter to it. Small council meetings dont seem to be as big in the show as they are in the books though, I think the last two seasons have featured 2 each, and season one had three max. Cant see there being many, if any in this season. So, I doubt they will go overboard on casting new characters just because they exist on the small council.

I dont doubt Aurane Waters might have a role to play later on, but its getting to the point where a lot of characters do, and keeping them all, rather than merging there roles or adjusting the plot to get rid of them, is unlikely. The fact he has three ships also means whatever he does is probably going to be expensive to film.

Maybe they keep him if they want someone to play the role that Oberyn or LF have played in recent seasons as a window to the shows sexposition, but then they would need to develop him a lot more.

Thats what I think personally, sorry I dont have an actor to nominate

Archived