[TV/Book Spoilers] PTV Unsullied Thread Part 8

Independent George

From Neo Gaf

I'm beginning to realise just how much time the show spends on people travelling. Instead of doing something to further the plot Tyrion & Jorah are going on a super long journey where each time there'll be a scene that teaches some lesson or moral but has no real purpose.

HAH!.

Hmmm, I wonder if the books are so poorly written too, or if it's all been bastardized by a TV producer/director team, which if truth be told, usually fuck up everything they touch, it's how TV production and directors usually work. And they are usually that egotistical that they think they can improve on the original recipe. If the books are this poorly written and there is that much masochistic shit in them over and over and over, it says a lot - and not in a good way - about the state of human beings right now, since this series has/had such a huge readership/fandom. Count me disgusted right now with the TV version and those who created it.

Gods! Please someone tell them that pretty much all the shit they are complaining about here is made up shit by the show because of cuts and changes that arguably diminish the show and make it a lesser product.

Nothing frustrates me more than D+D's "masterpiece" causing people to cast aspersions on Martin. Sadly the PTV Unsullied are very closed off and are wary even of being spoiled about whether the books and the show are the same. I seem to recall that our own IHeartSeverus is (or was) in close contact with the PTV (formerly TWOP) Unsullied. She was in charge of setting up a new forum for them in case they couldn't find a new home at PTV. Perhaps she could drop them a message. Please?

Still. There is a lot of messed up stuff in the books. If people just don't like the depiction of violence and abuse in literature and think that that means there's something wrong with humanity, that's their problem.

Sorry to break it to you, but they'd have the same issues with book 4 and 5 as they're having with season 5, if not worse. This idea that the show writers are misrepresenting GRRM's good name to the unsullied is ridiculous, considering how much the book readers bitch and moan about book 4 and 5.

Especially if their complaints are about "masochistic shit", what Ramsay does to Sansa in the show is tame compared to what he does to Jeyne Pool on their wedding night in the book.

But then if they can't handle that kind of material then they should go watch something else. This is Game of Thrones, not tellytubbies.

Archived