Who else was mad(not a show thread)

Don't give a crap about Ser Pounce, but making Tommen that much older completely wrecks his character arc, and the entire KL plot from Feast. This guy is fully ready to consummate with Margaery, he's fully ready to sit on the IT and rule, Cersei can't stop him from jousting, this guy is not going to be content to just stamp papers. They should've kept Wharry.

You really should have posted this on the show forum. It's only a few clicks away.

Either way, it's a damn shame we won't be seeing Ser Pounce and Lady Whiskers. That's BS. Those characters are the heart and soul of the books!

I fear for the new Tommen, but he looks OK. Though I'm worried as to what he will look like 3 seasons from now. The other kid was not the best actor, but I'm pretty sure he's a bit older now and he can be better. At least he looked like an 8 year old. The new kid they got looks like an alternative casting choice for Joffrey.

only thing im mad about it the horrible portrayal of Jamies arc.

He is the one who is changes. And Cersie is the one who wants everything to stay the same. Not the other way around the show makes it. And That "Rape" scene in the sept.

need i say more?

This was supposed to be Jamies redemption arc. But there forcing him to take 20 steps backwards

Don't give a crap about Ser Pounce, but making Tommen that much older completely wrecks his character arc, and the entire KL plot from Feast. This guy is fully ready to consummate with Margaery, he's fully ready to sit on the IT and rule, Cersei can't stop him from jousting, this guy is not going to be content to just stamp papers. They should've kept Wharry.

So much this

They had to age up the characters, as most if not all countries have laws against portraying nude minors in sexual situations

Yep, but Tommen had no involvement in sexual situations in the books. In fact, his lack of sexual situations with Margaery is an important plot point and I don't know how the show is going to succesfully go around it

I get more angry that they killed that actor last season...is there really that much of a shortage of 10-12 year old actors? If they want to make it this all more believable they can't just resurrect characters that they already killed, or can they? . but seriously just get another actor, it seems cheesy...

I'm mad at the shows portrayal of Mance and Stannis. And probably will be mad at its portrayal of Daenerys in ruling Meereen, as I'm sure D&D won't want to blemish their golden girl.

Basically this. They are so going to gloss over Dany's misgivings and not going to give us Meereen Mental Asylum.

About Stannis, don't get me started.

I felt the same way. I liked Tommen's character in the book because he was so young and innocent, and had no idea what he was doing, and just laughed away as he stamped papers. The show seems like its going to portray him as older, and more aware of his surroundings. I think his character loses something in the translation.

Yep, but Tommen had no involvement in sexual situations in the books. In fact, his lack of sexual situations with Margaery is an important plot point and I don't know how the show is going to succesfully go around it

This and don't forget what other plot points that have to be changed. The whole Dorne/Myrcella plot will be thrown off as well, because she will have to be 16ish to be older then Tommen, which is far to old for Arianne to lead around that. Ser Pounce is just the cherry, that's not there.

I don't get how is this NOT a show thread. Did GRRM age Tommen in books?

On topic, what he lacks in childishness he can make up with innocence. He's not older than 13. That's my kid's age and he's definitely not ready to consummate nor rule anything. And they will probably show Cersei being super overprotective.

Archived