Who else was mad(not a show thread)

Ok...really, Ser pounce is likely cut and that is what we complain about? The damn cats?

Yeah they aged him up, they had to in order to be consistent since all the others were aged up as well.

One thing to keep in mind is that they know where the story is heading, maybe they aged him up because of a scene or something that happens with him next season that audiences wouldn't want to see a 9 year old do, or have happen to them.

Ok...really, Ser pounce is likely cut and that is what we complain about? The damn cats?

Yeah they aged him up, they had to in order to be consistent since all the others were aged up as well.

One thing to keep in mind is that they know where the story is heading, maybe they aged him up because of a scene or something that happens with him next season that audiences wouldn't want to see a 9 year old do, or have happen to them.

because tommens original actor did not age?

Call it the wrong place if you want but who else was pissed that they made tommen older in the show thus no appearances from ser pounce! That really grinds my gears

The poster doth protest too much, methinks.

I dont really care they aged up Tommen, depending on the conclusion.

He's clearly 14 or 15, so pubescent and ready to fulfill his conjugal duties. And soon to be married to a 30 yo crone, he better hurry. Yeah, dont tell me tv Marg is a teen.

If the scenarists speed up the Cersei's vendetta against Marg, they could avoid the wedding.

But there was so many inefective, stupid, even disastrous plot divergence...

Ros snitching on Baelysh plan to abduct Sansa, Varys arranging her wedding to Tyrion (while it was Baelysh plan in the books), Loras marrying Cersei...

I get more angry that they killed that actor last season...is there really that much of a shortage of 10-12 year old actors? If they want to make it this all more believable they can't just resurrect characters that they already killed, or can they? . but seriously just get another actor, it seems cheesy...

I don't have a problem with them using the same actor. His first character was introduced and killed in a single episode, meaning most viewers won't remember his face anymore. He has the right look, the right age (compared to the other characters - they have aged up all the kids) and he's already been on the show. Makes him a perfect candidate.

On topic, what he lacks in childishness he can make up with innocence. He's not older than 13. That's my kid's age and he's definitely not ready to consummate nor rule anything. And they will probably show Cersei being super overprotective.

This. Between Margaery being overwhelmingly hot, Cersei being stalker-protective and Tommen never having had sex before, I doubt he'll be ready to consumate anything. As for Ser Pounce - you are never too old to love kittens! Also, the show seems to be setting up Tommen to be the "stamp and nod" king he was in the books, what with Tywin essentially telling him to let other people rule the country for him.

When did this happen it's not stated in that scene who Olenna and Varys are talking about Sansa marrying.

Did I miss a line of dialog on the show?

No you didn't. In one scene, Varys and Olenna hinted at marrying Sansa to Loras. In another scene Loras screws it up royally by revealing his soon-to-be secret marriage to one of Baelish's spies and Baelish goes ahead and tells Cersei. Varys had nothing to do with Sansa marrying Tyrion.

1) I wasn't going to reply to a show thread marked "not a show thread", but it looks like the mods weren't fooled either and moved it :)

2) I think Tommen is supposed to be 13, while many 13 yr old males may be physically able to consummate a marriage, not all are, and definitely not all that physically could are mentally/socially ready, either in Westeros or the real world. Tywin specifically asks Tommen if any [adult] has talked to him about [sex], and he says 'no' -- he knew what Tywin was asking about, so he presumably has the "what other kids have told me" basic "factual" knowledge. I.e., he's old enough to be in 8th/9th grade in America, but hasn't had a sex-ed class or "talk" from his parents or the Maester.

3) I'll be surprised if not immediately consummating the marriage isn't explicitly discussed on the show -- in addition to Tommen being much too young in the books, it keeps Marg officially a virgin, and was both used against Marg (by Cersei trying to frame her) and for the Tyrells (Marg is still a virgin in case Tommen dies, Stannis wins, or the incest accusations become an issue).

4) Yes, I'll miss Ser Pounce, stamping, and beets (unless they find a way to not make Tommen look mentally underdeveloped for his new age), but as far as not jousting and Cersei being overprotective, I can see that staying in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived