[Book Spoilers] EP404 Discussion

Ran

I was thinking of book 5 for that entire episode - when Jon was rallying the Craster's group and saying "Mormont got stabbed in the back by his own brothers," ouch. And the White Walker stuff! Heart of Winter? Given the choice between being raised by the mutineers at Crasters and becoming a WW, I choose WW, but the crying baby was so hard to hear that I muted it.

well. that was intense! so that was the scene everyone was talking about. shocking indeed. but equally as shocking for book readers is the new twist in the north. too many people know bran is alive. and the great other. i wonder if this means we'll see the lord of light.

Bronn/Jaime interaction is turning out to be very fun to watch.

Marg and Olenna dialogue was great to see. Nice to see her Olenna transferring skills to Marg.

The Jon Snow/Locke/Dreadfort connection will be a great plot line to watch. Certainly a nice addition that was not in the books. Well done Dan and Dave.

Marg and Tommen was awesome, too. Let the games begin with Marg/Cersei.

I like what they did with Bran and co. His story can be a bit boring at times, and they spiced it up in a relevant way. I like what they did there. Should be cool to see Jon and Bran interact with each other. I don't think it's too far fetched, or will hinder the story at all. It's a harmless addition, and probably will help strictly show watchers have a reason to not fall asleep when Bran comes on screen.

Cool to see a white walker perspective and their lair. I like that addition as well.

Overall decent episode. Jorah should be getting the ax soon.

Craster's Keep stuff lowered my opinion of the episode. It was very good until that. The ending though did make up for it, definitely.

This was how I felt too. I love the first 40 minutes of this episode. I sat confused at all the Craster's Keep stuff, then I loved the Other ending. I didn't hate the Craster's Keep stuff but it was so strange. I don't understand why they needed to have Jon know about Bran but I'll reserve judgement to see what happens.

Wow what a big reveal they just dropped on everybody who reads the books! Just in complete confusion right now I can't believe they are already giving away what is in the 6th book in only the 4th season of the show! This kind of spoiler I wanted to read about more than watch on TV!