[Book Spoilers] EP404 Discussion

Ran

No doubt imo. There is a reason why it was the one who could transform the baby and had such a distinctive look.

Don't think so, those are the real Others, the Great Other is a god, like the Stranger, the Red God etc... Everything else appears to have been just undead. The dead guys on the horses look like raised dead, who had been mummified. But they look like dead mummified humans these guys look like a different race which the Others are and there is more than one of them, there was a whole line of them.

Doge of Thrones! +1

Yes. So doge. My brain is so doge right now i cant even.

I didn't hate the Craster's Keep stuff but it was so strange. I don't understand why they needed to have Jon know about Bran but I'll reserve judgement to see what happens.

Yeah it was all so different i was like "what are they even doing?" But i think theres a reason despite my rage at Ghost being chained up. I...just...Other...

My mind is Other.

Craster's Keep stuff was among the darkest shit on this show so far. Something about that was just...dark. Moreso than even the Sept scene. It almost looks like the Others are doing those babies a favor. Thats the creepiest thing about all of this. *chills*

• This was an episode that had lots of changes from the books. I am a book purist, but I felt that a lot of the changes worked.

I really liked the expanded role of Grey Worm in causing the slaves to rise.

I liked Barristan’s advice to Dany, which of course she ignored. Was it just me or does he seem to have some doubt about Dany as a ruler?

Jaime’s getting quite good with the left-hand sword. And I have to say that NCW looked really handsome in this episode!

I love Bronn as Jaime's conscience and I like the reminder that Tyrion wanted Jaime has his champion during his first trial. One of the things I find interesting is that Jaime is never really there when his siblings are counting on him (I am especially bitter about Cersei’s letter in AFFC)

I’m glad that there was a convo between Jaime and Tyrion but it looks like “she’s been fucking Lancel, Kettleblack and Moonboy” will not happen.

I love this foreshadowing: “Sansa is not a killer—not yet, anyway”

Petyr and Sansa –I thought I was going to vomit when Petyr stroked Sansa’s arm while talking about what he wanted. I did like her faith in Tyrion and vice versa. Perhaps that’s foreshadowing a future rapprochement between Sansa and Tyrion.

How much do I love Olenna the Sex Goddess? However, I hate that she's leaving KL

I’m not sure if I like Olenna’s confession so soon. People were really enjoying their theories about who killed Joffrey.

As many people predicted, the little boy from Mole Town is a good archer. I think he’s a Satin replacement. They got rid of Satin because they were concerned about Jon/Satin shippers, and no one will think about sex between Jon and this mentee!

Locke has made it to the NW! I really thought he would pretend to have fought for Robb. I think that’s a missed opportunity to play on Jon’s sympathies.

I literally clapped at the mention of Ser Pounce!

I actually liked Marg’s seduction of Tommen. Now the aging up of Tommen makes sense. I may have a filthy mind, but I was really afraid she was going to perform a sex act on him. Really glad that did not happen. The actor looks 14!

Oathkeeper was awesome and there were definitely a few moments between Brienne and Jaime—clearly foreshadowing a future between the two. I am not a Jaime/Brienne shipper, but I hope people who are enjoyed the fodder.

I’m glad they cut out the part about Pod following Brienne—this was much easier. Is this the first time we’ve seen Pod smiling? I loved it, and the fact that he got Tyrion’s axe.

Jon knows about Bran! I really like this change, but I would have liked to see the celebration/conflict in Jon when he found out. I feel we’re really being robbed of some good opportunities for real emotion in the show. I really hope that Jon actually meets Bran at Craster’s Keep. I am a book purist, but if they’re going to make changes in the show, this is one I’d love to see. I’m afraid that Summer getting caught just when he found Ghost was a prediction that the brothers’ reunion would be thwarted at the last minute.

I really loved the charismatic Jon during the call for volunteers!!! It really reminded me of “I have my swords, and we’re coming for you, bastard!”—which is my favorite Jon moment. It was great foreshadowing of the future vote, but I kinda preferred when that vote was out of the blue.

When I realized that Gin Alley Guy was drinking from Jeor Mormont’s skull, I wanted to jump through my TV screen and murder him myself. I really want him to die horribly!

Was it just me, or was anyone else disgusted with them actually showing the raping on screen?

I actually felt sorry for Rast with that guy threatening to rape him…until he threw away water when Ghost was thirsty. I want him to die horribly too! I also want them all to die for hurting Hodor.

I liked the baby boy and the reminder that Craster sacrifices his sons to white walkers. I was hoping that Summer would somehow rescue the baby. Not sure what Bran and Co, would do with him…

Finally a Ghost sighting! I’m glad they had a real reason for not showing him.

I was confused at the end. I thought that guy on a horse was an Other, not a wight. If so, to whom was he sacrificing the baby? Are they making the Others victims to some darker force?

So, now Bran's at Craster's Keep? And Ghost is caged there? And Summer is caught in a bear trap? And Jon's on his way there. And Locke is first at Castle Black, now headed to Craster's Keep to kill Bran? WTF?

I did think the scene where the WW turned the baby boy's eyes blue was kind of cool.

Should we rank episodes now with a Pedobear seal of approval? LF has serious competition now with Margaery. o_o

It's so different with Margaery though. I loved her scene with Tommen because it was framed by that arrow through the boar's eyes which was a nice reminder that Marg knew how to manipulate Joffrey and she can manipulate Tommen just as easily.