[Book Spoilers] EP404 Discussion

Ran

I liked most of the episode but really dislike the whole Bran at Craster's Keep thing. It just feels really wrong to me. Also was not a fan of pedo-Marge. That scene was creepy and gross. Littlefinger's got nothing on Marge. And please no Grey Worm/Missandei love connection. Just no.

I did like the cleverness of Littlefinger saying his new friendship was growing strong. Good one, writers.

Brienne looked amazing in her new armor and I love Pod. His facial expressions are hilarious.

And wow...what a spoiler with the Others. I actually didn't care for that. I guess I don't like finding out something on the show that hasn't been revealed in the books. I guess I better get used to that. Also, I hate the appearance of the Others. Not how I imagined them at all. I thought they were supposed to be a bit more elegant and beautiful in their own fashion. That guy seemed like a reject from a low budget horror movie. Hard to imagine the Night's King falling in love with the female version of that.

This episode lost me from Craster's on.

I was thinking of book 5 for that entire episode - when Jon was rallying the Craster's group and saying "Mormont got stabbed in the back by his own brothers," ouch. And the White Walker stuff! Heart of Winter? Given the choice between being raised by the mutineers at Crasters and becoming a WW, I choose WW, but the crying baby was so hard to hear that I muted it.

That baby lying alone crying in the snow was probably the hardest thing for me to watch in all four seasons of the show so far.

Pardon me if this has already been discussed. Ive read most pages and did not see anything.

Pardons also if I sound like a newb, I admit I am not a GoT Master Scholar.

But, I know of rumors about Benjen being Coldhands. Was that cold hands in the last scene? The camera seemed to have lingered on his hands. I know one show of course was with the child, but the other seemed to have lingered on the opposite hand holding the chain. Then from the posterior view of him his hair seemed to be fashioned like they had Benjen's in season one.

Well, since there's nothing in the books about a Great Other or a king of White Walkers, it could be Coldhands... but most probably not.

Who wants to bet Jon's going to be the one to shove longclaw down the "unbeatable" Kings Landing assassin's neck.

Also, Locke seems to be officially Marsh. Will likely be Jon's loyal(ish) follower until the letter in season 5's cliffhanger.

My thought too... Locke is Bowen Marsh.

Finally the Targaryen sigil, took four seasons.

No dragons names yet.

I thought Roose tasked Locke to take a troop of guys to Castle Black?

Tho it kind of makes more sense this way.

I wondered how they were going to get Locke mixed up with a Stark.

Apparently Locke get killed during or after the Craster Keep dust up.

The Other's stuff, hmm... is that D&D's invention ? Or they get it from George?

Sooo... what the hell do you do with a baby wight?

Very strange.

Yeah, I was kind of wavering back and forth between 'they've totally screwed this up and nothing really happened this episode' and 'this is a whole new ball game, I like that were getting new adventures.' I'm remembering in the past when I got upset about the changes, I finally realized this is TV, and they've only got 10 episodes per book, basically. I just don't want Bran and Company (especially Hodor) and the dogs hurt, but I like the possibility of Jon catching up with Bran. Not Locke, though. It's time for somebody to fetch a block for him.