[Book Spoilers] EP404 Discussion

Ran

My thought too... Locke is Bowen Marsh.

It will actually make more sense Jon lets his guard down to a Brother that has been loyal to him since he arrived than one he's feuded with for several months.

MarshLocke's motivations also make allot of sense as well since he would be facing the Boltons after the letter, and have an understandable "well ****" moment.

Also, I hate the appearance of the Others. Not how I imagined them at all. I thought they were supposed to be a bit more elegant and beautiful in their own fashion. That guy seemed like a reject from a low budget horror movie. Hard to imagine the Night's King falling in love with the female version of that.

For all that I defend the necessary changes the show has made to the books, you are right about the appearance of the Others. They are written as elegant and beautiful, not as rejects from a low-budget horror movie, which is precisely what they look like on the show.

This is actually a legitimate travesty and perhaps the worst the show has committed.

Maybe he'll ride up there and tell that pale horned freak to bend the knee?

Maybe Stannis does and that is how he becomes the new Nights King the others communicate to Stannis that that knife thingy is how they knight their leader so Stannis obeys and they touch him with the knife thingy and he becomes the new Nights King.

I think too much is being made of the changes to Bran's story. This is clearly a case of needing to keep the character busy for a couple of episodes since he does not have much material to work through. Nothing consequential is going to come of Bran's capture, which is precisely why Meera was not raped, Hoder was not killed, and so forth.

As book readers, this amounts to empty calories, so it does not really work for us. That said, the grand majority of television viewers are not book readers, so they really do have a stake in this storyline and do not know what will come of it.

Agreed. With Coldhands cut, all Bran had on the agenda was walking through the woods for the entire season, which simply doesn't cut it. He's one of the most important characters in the entire series, and needs to remain onscreen and interesting/important to viewers. I want to see how they move forward with this Bran/Craster's/Jon plot first, but I'm fine with the change.

Honestly when I saw the last scene I didn't think it was a spoiler for book readers, but more like HBO was making shit up, like everything was in the last 20 min of the episode.

They had to do the Bran stuff because they can't have him getting to BR this early and they can't just keep having him not involved in anything. This will give him more interactions and screen time.

The last seen has been long suspected, but those also look like the real Others, watching it on On demand again to get a better look and see what the commentary says if anything. I suspect those are the real Others as they are not in rags, don't look undead and look like a different race.

HBO is slipping in a new half hour series before the repeat? Really, HBO? (Looks funny but, grrrr)

Yeah....this is easily the most bothersome aspect of tonight's episode. You get two hours of quality TV. Thrones and then Silicon/Veep.

To break up the second airing of Game of Thrones for another hack liberal comedian. How nauseating. I guess HBO's prioritizes it's political coverage above it's storytelling. I wonder how many people who were excited for more Game of Thrones are downloading the show from a torrent now? I know I am. What a waste of 30 minutes time for HBO.

lol of course this TRASH show completely ignored that jaime raped cersei last week.

She's been fucking her brother since they were teens, she has three kids with him, she's killed her husband who was a king, has had others fall due to her will, do you really think she'd be brooding over her lover/brother forcing himself on her?

And wow...what a spoiler with the Others. I actually didn't care for that. I guess I don't like finding out something on the show that hasn't been revealed in the books. I guess I better get used to that.

I agree! How is this not going to ruin the next book? I don't mind deviating from the books, in fact some of the show's changes have been really good. But spoilers of something we haven't read (or that hasn't been written) is not cool. IMHO!