[Book Spoilers] EP404 Discussion

Ran

OMG!!!! I posted on Twitter that at this point GRRM should just sell chapters like the folios Dickens wrote every week. It could save newsstands and bookstores :-)

But what a SPOILER. Also tweeted that they now need *Spoiler Alerts* on every episode of HBO Games of Thrones

Edited by TheReal_Rebel

It will actually make more sense Jon lets his guard down to a Brother that has been loyal to him since he arrived than one he's feuded with for several months.

MarshLocke's motivations also make allot of sense as well since he would be facing the Boltons after the letter, and have an understandable "well ****" moment.

True.

Motivation is quite different... Marsh betrays Jon after, because he believes Jon is destroying the Night's Watch with the wildlings. Locke is a Bolton agent, so the betrayal happens before (Locke goes there with that purpose).

She's been fucking her brother since they were teens, she has three kids with him, she's killed her husband who was a king, has had others fall due to her will, do you really think she'd be brooding over her lover/brother forcing himself on her?

Uh, yeah, I believe she would, because Cersei's relationship with Jaime is the main consensual relationship of Cersei's life.

I agree! How is this not going to ruin the next book? I don't mind deviating from the books, in fact some of the show's changes have been really good. But spoilers of something we haven't read (or that hasn't been written) is not cool. IMHO!

It's not ruinign the next book, it's long been suspected that the Others transform the babies, it's nearly canon at this stage. That ending spoils nothing from the next book.

So...does this confirm that Stannis doesn't become the new Night's King?

WOOHOO PARTY TIME

Yes it confirms that, all the stan stans are standing by to rub it in faces.

the battle is over. WE HAVE WON.

Edited by E-Ro

Yeah....this is easily the most bothersome aspect of tonight's episode. You get two hours of quality TV. Thrones and then Silicon/Veep.

To break up the second airing of Game of Thrones for another hack liberal comedian. How nauseating. I guess HBO's prioritizes it's political coverage above it's storytelling. I wonder how many people who were excited for more Game of Thrones are downloading the show from a torrent now? I know I am. What a waste of 30 minutes time for HBO.

This. Thank you!

I agree! How is this not going to ruin the next book? I don't mind deviating from the books, in fact some of the show's changes have been really good. But spoilers of something we haven't read (or that hasn't been written) is not cool. IMHO!

Prepare yourself to be really, really mad in two year's time and apocalyptic a year after that.

At one point during the episode I was wondering if I had read the same books. Not that I hated the changes, but ehh they were pretty contrived. And tbh they could've had Jon go to Craster's without knowing Bran was there, just imagine the dramatic tension that would bring!

That Darth Maul looking dude was pretty surprising though. And there was something about 13 and the Night's King? I'm pretty sure there were that many shadows behind frozen Darth Maul.

Edited by Jabronius Maximus

The idea of the Others taking the children to turn them into more Others has been discussed and pretty commonly accepted, if I remember correctly. At least it has been here on the forums.

For all that I defend the necessary changes the show has made to the books, you are right about the appearance of the Others. They are written as elegant and beautiful, not as rejects from a low-budget horror movie, which is precisely what they look like on the show.

This is actually a legitimate travesty and perhaps the worst the show has committed.

This is so true I never thought about it like that, when thinking about the Others they are majestic looking but the ones in the show just look "evil" especially what they showed tonight w/ the main other with horns just didn't get the appreciation of what they truly are!