[Book Spoilers] EP404 Discussion

Ran

Man, Arya's episode count is taking a beating this season. She's already missed two episodes, and will miss at least one more, despite never having previously been in less than nine episodes.

Edited by Colonel Green

No Melisandre mentions The Great Other in Storm of Swords.

Melisandr's thinks R'hllor represented by Stannis should go to the wall to defeat the Lord of Darkness.

George made that all murky to me in the books, since by the end of Dance Stannis is off messing with Roose.

The whole Great Other story , others and wights stuff is just thin in the books so far in the novels.

I'm sorry, I was talking about some sort of Great White Walker, no reference to the Other of Melisandre's beliefs (in the books they say the Others more often than White Walkers).

Melisandre mentions the Other, the One Whose Name Cannot Be Spoken, but that is a deity, in opposition to R'hollor.

How do you think Lady Margery got through to Tommen. Are the Kings Guard working for the Tyrells or is she using the secret passageways Varys knows about?

Occam's Razor, dude. Jaime said Blount was guarding Tommen. Margaery can totally take Blount in a fight. I assume this is exactly what she did. Blount = Jabronie. That's why he's food taster in the books.

I'm really bummed that the book readers are getting spoiled now. The tide has turned and the show watchers are going to be ahead of the story pretty soon.

Hey, I suppose it works both ways now. Book readers have been constantly harping show watchers to read the books if they don't want to be spoiled. Now book readers are going to have to stop watching if they don't want to be spoiled. I know most book readers went spoiling shit for show watchers, but I suppose the spoil gods are making us suffer for the sins of the few.

This is so true I never thought about it like that, when thinking about the Others they are majestic looking but the ones in the show just look "evil" especially what they showed tonight w/ the main other with horns just didn't get the appreciation of what they truly are!

I describe him as an "albino Darth Maul"

Yep. They keep going there, and going there. And yes, rape happened in the books, it's the way they present it.

:agree:

It's not even realistic. Just to be utterly crass: Are we expecting that they would be constantly raping day/night so that when we 'randomly' check in there's about 3 rapes going on in the main living area at once? Do the mutineers have some kind of magical stamina powers?

No... The show played up the rapes for the audience and to fulfill the bewb quota. RAPES TO FILL BOOB QUOTA. :ack:

I know these Whites are important White's, but I'm not convinced or even close to being convinced he's the Great Other.

There seemed to be several standing around and his fashion, which I know everyone else is a blur, isn't elevated in any way. A hunch tells me these guys are important, but not the demigod White's we've been thinking of. "Apostle" type beings. I sure hope anyway, because what a lame looking Great Other

Edited by SwingDatSword

Man, Arya's episode count is taking a beating this season. She's already missed two episodes, and will miss at least one more, despite never having previously been in less than nine episodes.

Well, we can either have the current state of affairs or invented material (i.e., Bran) but we cannot have both.

To give some perspective, the first half of Arya's last chapter in A Storm of Swords took place in the first episode of the season.