[Book Spoilers] EP404 Discussion

Ran

Hey, I suppose it works both ways now. Book readers have been constantly harping show watchers to read the books if they don't want to be spoiled. Now book readers are going to have to stop watching if they don't want to be spoiled. I know most book readers went spoiling shit for show watchers, but I suppose the spoil gods are making us suffer for the sins of the few.

As a book reader who has thoroughly enjoyed watching the fresh reactions of the Unsullied for 3+ seasons now, I happily welcome the shoe going on the other foot. Such a late game reversal of fortune/retaliation is, really, rather fitting for this series. It'll parallel the Stark resurgence/comeback at the end nicely. Mark My Words :)

Yeah, once he said he's good with a bow, I immediately knew he was gonna get his vengeance. Kind of upset about the Satin thing too.

Yeah, but when you think about it there are a lot of secondary characters in the NW and I can understand if they want to narrow down or consolidate a few of them.

:agree: I think he'll be replacing Satin. :crying: :crying:

I guess a whore who couldn't do nudity or sex scenes (since he's in the Watch) is useless D and D. Like Jaime is as a fighter without his hand.

Still, the new character is fine.

Edited by Darth Pipes

so aperently rape isn´t a big deal among incestuas twins...

She dismissed him as "Lord Commander." She was more concerned with him having visited Tyrion. Do you really expect Cersei to care about that right now when her son and king just died? Sansa escaped, and she's to marry Loras as well. I don't see why everyone expects her to react like, say Sansa would if she were to be raped. Jaime's had sex with her countless times. It was more of an inconvenience to her than a traumatic event.

I thought the Tommen scene was kind of cute? She's playing a bit of a coquette but she kisses his forehead--that's way more friendly than romantic. She wasn't being that creepy, just getting him to like her. Not like that scene in The Borgias were Sancia gets all over Giofre. Plus, Ser Pounce is keeping him safe.

Edited by PhoenixFlame

I know these Whites are important White's, but I'm not convinced or even close to being convinced he's the Great Other.

There seemed to be several standing around and his fashion, which I know everyone else is a blur, isn't elevated in any way. A hunch tells me these guys are important, but not the demigod White's we've been thinking of. "Apostle" type beings. I sure hope anyway, because what a lame looking Great Other

Don't think it's "the Great Other". As far as we're aware at this point, "the Great Other" (if it does exist) is not a corporeal being but a god that's warred for all eternity with Rh'llor. I doubt it's some slightly different looking version of the other White Walkers we've already been exposed to. I'm guessing the thing that touched the baby was a more important, more powerful, or different variation of White Walker.

I thought the Tommen scene was kind of cute? She's playing a bit of a coquette but she kisses his forehead--that's way more friendly than romantic. She wasn't being that creepy, just getting him to like her. Not like that scene in The Borgias were Sancia gets all over Giofre. Plus, Ser Pounce is keeping him safe.

I actually liked it too. I was really worried it would go in an over-the-top sexual direction, but the way they did it was perfect and not distasteful. Re-casting Tommen as a pre-teen/teenager basically means you HAVE to do it this way. There's no way that kid WOULDN't be infatuated with Margaery.