[Book Spoilers] EP404 Discussion

Ran

D&D talk about it on inside the episode that is where the WW are from so we got to see a bit a of the lands of always winter, if you look up you can see the northern lights. They didn't say much else about it other than it's not in the books and they call all of them WW. They also said this has been long suspected with the babies. Oh and the preview for next week has Jon at Crasters.

Not sure how I feel about the whole…touch an infant boy he becomes automatically a frozen creature. What kind of magic? Something else?

I thought there would be more to it. Maybe that is better. I was thinking they are killed and regenerated. And I would rather not see that with babies.

Don't know what to think. Still processing….

Ah, but I did get a flashback of this.

"The Boy-Who-Lived. How lies have fed your legend, Harry! Do you want to know what really happened thirteen years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers? It was love. You see, when dear sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her only son, it provided him with the ultimate protection, I could not touch him. It was old magic, something I should have foreseen. But no matter, no matter, things have changed. I CAN TOUCH YOU... NOW!"

Totally because the er, whatever it is, looked like Voldemort.

Edited by booknerd2

What went down at Craster's?Forget spoilers,just tell it like it is.

Did you not see?

Bran Jojen Meera and Hodor got captured trying to free the captured Ghost, and Summer got trapped. The mutineers know Bran is a Stark. The mutineers were rapey with Craster's wives. The last of Craster's sons was born and left in the woods. A WW took the baby to a Stonehenge looking place and another WW with horns touched the baby and turned his eyes blue.

Edited by Fool of a Book

Or he did the same he did during Joffrey's poisoning... stood aside, leaning on the wall, taking notice of nothing. LOL

'I think I'll count the bricks in the wall to keep myself busy...1....2....3....4..oh hello my lady...5.....6....7'

Edited by NightStark

What went down at Craster's?Forget spoilers,just tell it like it is.

They are being awful human beings, raping and drinking out of Mormont's skull. They have Ghost caged up and Rask was teasing him so I hope Ghost rips him up. They gave away a baby to the others,and the babies cries attracted Bran and crew. Summer got captured in a trap, then they captured Bran and crew (and Bran admited who he was). Jojen is sick as hell, they were torturing Hodor.

Jon is one the way there (he doesn't know Bran is there, but suspects he might be to Sam).

Ah, but I did get a flashback of this.

"The Boy-Who-Lived. How lies have fed your legend, Harry! Do you want to know what really happened thirteen years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers? It was love. You see, when dear sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her only son, it provided him with the ultimate protection, I could not touch him. It was old magic, something I should have foreseen. But no matter, no matter, things have changed. I CAN TOUCH YOU... NOW!"

Totally because the er, whatever it is, looked like Voldemort.

This! Booknerd2, you have won this thread! :bowdown:

Positives:

- The Sansa/Littlefinger Scene. I love Sophie's acting, and that cut from Tyrion is somewhat convincing about Sansa killing LF.

- Jaime and Brienne scene. Loved it. (I am choosing to forget Jaime was even in last week's episode)

- Ser Pounce! You are a true knight Ser Pounce! :wub:

- I liked the extra Grey Worm stuff.

Negatives:

- Bronn trying to school Jaime about being a 'low-class', 'rough and tumble' fighter. Hey writers? Remember that time Jaime killed his cousin with a rope? (iirc?) Jaime doesn't need your bad-boy lessons, Bronn.

- More <unnecessary> Rape.

Meh:

- I'm not sure about the Bran changes.

Edited by greensleeves