[Book Spoilers] EP404 Discussion

Ran

I love R+L=J disbelievers. The two actors who have been given more detailed insight into how the show will play out are Kit and Emilia...and then they started posting fake wedding pics for Jon and Dany....The truth is in the ToJ. Always was, always will be.

^^^ you really think Kit and Emilia know anything? besides how many seasons they are signed on for and their ADWD material? idk about this one.

^^^ you really think Kit and Emilia know anything? besides how many seasons they are signed on for and their ADWD material? idk about this one.

Look it up. They both talk about being previewed to unknown material.

Hey folks,

The main reason I came here was to get some more feedback/understanding about Locke being at the wall. I think Locke is a redeveloped Hoat, not a Marsh transplant. However, it just occurred to me though, one of the biggest changes from the books to the T.V. series is how Theon and Ramsey meet. In the show, Ramsey wasn't at Winterfell to aid in the murder and cover-up of the Stark boy's "deaths." This would imply that Locke cannot know about Bran or Rickon being alive. So maybe he was sent there by Bolton to make up for Jamie's hand and kill Jon. What I love most about this change is that none of us know for sure, so it's like reading the books :-)

However, all that being said, we're getting robbed of the whole death by ear bite sequence.

Hey folks,

The main reason I came here was to get some more feedback/understanding about Locke being at the wall. I think Locke is a redeveloped Hoat, not a Marsh transplant. However, it just occurred to me though, one of the biggest changes from the books to the T.V. series is how Theon and Ramsey meet. In the show, Ramsey wasn't at Winterfell to aid in the murder and cover-up of the Stark boy's "deaths." This would imply that Locke cannot know about Bran or Rickon being alive. So maybe he was sent there by Bolton to make up for Jamie's hand and kill Jon. What I love most about this change is that none of us know for sure, so it's like reading the books :-)

However, all that being said, we're getting robbed of the whole death by ear bite sequence.

Unless the Ironmen spilled the beans I guess......

They might have their suspicions since i know Emilia (not sure if kit has) read the books...

Kit stated that once he got the role he read every Jon chapter right away then went back and read the books.

I just had to let you know how excited seeing this made me. I have been learning Spanish with the Duolingo app, and this phrase is one of the ones that I have been learning. I kind of rolled my eyes when it was first shown, because I wondered if it was something that would really be said by the average person. It is very cool to see that what I have been learning is actually used. It may not seem a big thing, but it really made my day!

Now I return you to your regularly scheduled programming ….

Well you are welcome and to let you know everyone would know that expression in Spain! You also made my day: I thought nobody cared about Spanish in US and all..

GRRM has told each actor something true about their characters, which is not already made explicit in the books. I suspect he told Sean Bean that Lyanna is Jon's mother, which is why he seems a bit choked up when promises Jon that the next time they see each other they'll talk about Jon's mother. I suspect that Kit is also aware of Jon's true parentage.

Hey folks,

Gwen Christie said that

the weirdest thing her character does this season is bite off someone's ear!

It's apparent that Locke takes Hoat's place, which is why I find it a stretch that the same character will take another book character's place. I'd much rather see Ghost snap at Locke, because he's a great judge of character. :)

Imagine Bran warging on Jon or something like that! Would be mind-blowing

I just cannot see Bran doing that to Jon. He could cause Jon to misstep while fighting the mutineers. It's just oo much of a risk, and not to mention that warging another human being is a violation of that person's personhood (and I think he violates Hodor as well, which is why he doesn't make it apparent to either Meera or Jojen that he's warging Hodor in the CotF's cave in ADWD).

Pretty sure GRRM leaked that Other info to D&D. Probably was all "hey...btw Craster's kids are a thing. Just saiyan."

Omg. How on earth is that a bad thing! It shows she isnt a complete moron. Sansa calling LF out on his bullshit was amazing.

hue!! Love it!

It kinda did. I saw it as ol' OtherPants over there taking that baby as doing the kid a favor. Bringing the kid to Head Cheese Other and getting Other'd was like "welp, at least he aint gonna get butchered by Rast and co."

Almost fist pump material, but she totally shows what she thinks in the book; lies and arbor gold.

Seriously, the look of that ice demon Other at the end is a damn shame. I actually laughed out loud. This is as big a fail as screwing up the dragons or dire wolves would have been.

SMH

I must needs agree. I also cringed, in shock and disbelief. It looked CGI manufactured, rather than being an organic, make-up fx job with an actor. There is something to be said for not having seen much of the fantasy element in the series, in my mind.

I love R+L=J disbelievers. The two actors who have been given more detailed insight into how the show will play out are Kit and Emilia...and then they started posting fake wedding pics for Jon and Dany....The truth is in the ToJ. Always was, always will be.

How do Jon and Danaerys "wedding" pictures relate to R+L=J?

The theory if true means they are biologically aunt and nephew. Incest might be a "Targaryen" thing, but Jon was raised as a Stark and would never consent.

I hope it's true and doesnt matter.

I like the shots fired across the bow with the Night King reveal. Looks like people planning to stop watching the show when it catches up with the books should consider starting early. This was a pretty big reveal considering the books haven't really explained The Others yet. My guess is Winds of Winter will lay out their back story, and even offer a POV.

I'm a book reader who remembers the Unsullied television watchers worrying about spoilers. For the first time, the tables have flipped. At this point I'm starting to switch over and now like the show more than the books. At least, my favorite is the first trilogy, then the show, then Feast and Dance. We'll see about Winds when it comes out.

Hooray another optimist! :cheers:

They might have their suspicions since i know Emilia (not sure if kit has) read the books...

Kit's read them. I have an interview where he read up to ADWD. But that was from before season 3 aired, so im positive hes caught up by now. If Kit doesnt know or suspect who his character's parents are, id be really shocked.

Almost fist pump material, but she totally shows what she thinks in the book; lies and arbor gold.

yisss

Kit's read them. I have an interview where he read up to ADWD. But that was from before season 3 aired, so im positive hes caught up by now. If Kit doesnt know or suspect who his character's parents are, id be really shocked.

Particularly since, as I recall, Alfie came damn close to giving it away in an interview during Season 1 :)

Locke seems to me like an opportunistic and likeable fellow, I see him much like an educated Bronn. He's switched sides once already right? I'd like to see him become an ally to Jon, unfortunately this seems unlikely as there's no motive or gain.

I'm not quite ensorcelled by Locke, and have a knee-jerk reaction against him - but perhaps this will change in future. If he's written as being as educated as you say, and given some material motivation, then, just maybe, I'll turn.