[Book Spoilers] EP404 Discussion

Ran

I'm missing this super-huge-enormous spoiler that was revealed tonight...

It has yet to be revealed in the books what happens to Craster's sons, who the white-walkers are, how they come to be, and who the Great Other is.

The last segment seemed to suggest an answer to all of those things, which is really a bit obnoxious and horrifying for book readers who'd rather not have the original material spoiled by the adapted material.

Is it just me or those producers or whatever seem to be kinda obsessed with rape?

Have you ever read the books?

Not really an argument since the show isn't really following the books that much.

Besides is not a matter of how much rape, but in which way it's presented.

Edited by 7th-key

Did you not see?

Bran Jojen Meera and Hodor got captured trying to free the captured Ghost, and Summer got trapped. The mutineers know Bran is a Stark. The mutineers were rapey with Craster's wives. The last of Craster's sons was born and left in the woods. A WW took the baby to a Stonehenge looking place and another WW with horns touched the baby and turned his eyes blue.

Don't forget…

Stonehenge and Superman ice crystal-thingies. LOL!

I was waiting for Marlon Brando to walk out.

Edited by booknerd2

- The Sansa/Littlefinger Scene. I love Sophie's acting, and that cut from Tyrion is somewhat convincing about Sansa killing LF.

That is how I choose to interpret that and I refuse to believe anything to the contrary. Sansa icing Littlefinger: get hype!

Edited by Newstar

IMHO, the only major change is Jon knowing about Bran being alive and going to craster's, in part, to look for him.

And can be easily fixed if for instance, karl says to Jon that they killed his little brother to provoke him when actually Bran escaped.

So, Jon like on the books, still would believe that Bran is dead. The only change is that he would believe that was Karl and not Theon the one that did it.

IMHO, the all situation Ghost being caged is similar to Greywind being caged and could work as a mirror and foreshadow:

Greywind was caged and end up dead/ Robb suffered a murder attempt and end up dead

Ghost was caged and end up escaping/Jon suffered a murder attempt and escapes( hopefully).

And also, Jon saying doing what is right and also avenge the lord commander that was like their father could work as foreshadow to Janos Slynth, doing what is right and by doing it also avenge his father.

Also, I think that Locke will be the one that tries to kill Jon under Bolton 's orders because if both believe that Bran is dead, Jon becomes a danger like Ramsay said.

Edited by Tyrion_is_Omar

Enough with the rape, for god's sake. They're portraying a time when rape was the norm when a woman was found alone and helpless because mostly woman are property. What did you expect? Meera saying "you can't do this because I have rights!!"? They would have laughed at her face.

Anyway...

I think the end it's like the blue rose and the mention of Rhaegar "leaving with another woman". It makes sense for us readers but not for the Unsullied. Although I do feel spoiled. :/

It has yet to be revealed in the books what happens to Craster's sons, who the white-walkers are, how they come to be, and who the Great Other is.

The last segment seemed to suggest an answer to all of those things, which is really a bit obnoxious and horrifying for book readers who'd rather not have the original material spoiled by the adapted material.

The only one of those it answered is what happens to his sons and we pretty much knew that already. It has about as much acceptance on here as R+L=J.

1) They killed one slave master in Meereen and the city is now hers. What?

2) The Others in the books are beautiful creatures and GRRM has stated this before. They bear no resemblance to the show's 'White Walkers' so there is no point to even theorize about what the Others truly are based on the show's depiction.

3) Inside the Episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz5K_j4TRMs

DnD state the White Walker scene at the end was 'not in the books, but suggested by the books.' They wanted to show people this. Take that as you will.

Well, it wasn't only Bowen Marsh who stabbed Jon. Clearly, Locke will be one of them.

I disagree. Think that whole Locke story is going to wrap up with whatever happens with this whole Crasters Keep/ Jon/ Bran story in the next couple episodes.

IMHO, the only major change is Jon knowing about Bran being alive and going to craster's, in part, to look for him.

And can be easily fixed if for instance, karl says to Jon that they killed his little brother to provoke him when actually Bran escaped.

So, Jon like on the books, still would believe that Bran is dead. The only change is that he would believe that was Karl and not Theon the one that did it.

IMHO, the all situation Ghost being caged is similar to Greywind being caged and could work as a mirror and foreshadow:

Greywind was caged and end up dead/ Robb suffered a murder attempt and end up dead

Ghost was caged and end up escaping/Jon suffered a murder attempt and escapes( hopefully).

And also, Jon saying doing what is right and also avenge the lord commander that was like their father could work as foreshadow to Janos Slynth, doing what is right and by doing it also avenge his father.

Also, I think that Locke will be the one that tries to kill Jon under Bolton 's orders because if both believe that Bran is dead, Jon becomes a danger like Ramsay said.

NOOOO!!!! Don't scare me.

Thank God, Big Nyms is roaming the Riverlands and she is free!