[Book Spoilers] EP404 Discussion

Ran

Am I the only one really dissapointed that Margaery didn't seduce and sex Tommen?

I realized afterwords, that's it HBO and USA and that he's (the actor) probably too young...

I'm sure if they thought there was a huge spoiler they would mention it... They understand how popular the books are, obviously, and wouldn't spoil anything significant. This babble tonight about spoilers is comical. If you hadn't realized these things about the walkers by now then you should join the silent sisters.

Why wouldn't they spoil stuff? It's a show; it's meant to spoil stuff. Just as books are meant to "spoil" stuff. What does "spoil" mean anyway, to you? Is it when stuff take place?

Or maybe the NK was a man turned into an other by his Queen?

For all those asking, the Night's King was a human who well in love with an Other, then after like 13 years the King in the North and the King Beyond the Wall united to take him out because he was ruling the Nightfort as a King essentially. After his "fall" it was found he was sacrificing to the Others.

But of course in true GRRM ambiguity I'm pretty sure his "fall" is the only word used, so is it possible his wife survived and turned him into an Other, or a wight or something? Sure, I guess. Fall doesn't necessarily mean death but IIRC that while GRRM uses "fall" I've always taken that as "was killed".

I thought the NK was a human who fell in love with a Other. Not one himself. But maybe since apparently they can turn you into one with just a touch, he got other'd later on.

Well, that's the story that's been passed down through the generations in Westeros.

We have no idea how historically accurate GRRM means that to actually be, though he's told us Old Nan is meant to be a reliable source.

The Night's King was a human... how did he grow horns if that was supposed to be him? sigh.

His wife cheated on him.

:bowdown:

I’m glad that there was a convo between Jaime and Tyrion but it looks like “she’s been fucking Lancel, Kettleblack and Moonboy” will not happen.

I think Lancel will suffice.

Also, if they are going to have a Coldhands, this is the time to do it since it was Coldhands who killed the mutineers in the book. If there is no Coldhands, this is the perfect time to have Jon Snow demonstrate his leadership skills so he has a reason to be voted as Lord Commander.

Some thoughts:

- I wonder how George feels about the show going to the Land of Always Winter before the books.

- Rast telling Hodor that in his place he would be King of the World made me think Hodor is indeed King of something. Not sure what his mysterious origins may be but there's certainly something there.

- Sansa not a killer yet? Who knows, Littlefinger might indeed get what he deserves.

- Other than that, it was awesome to see Ser Pounce. My favorite moment in the entire episode.

Wow. So they gave Jorahs bit in the sewers to Grey Worm.

Why is he still in Meereen?

How does this make the story better?

I doubt most casual viewers even remember who Jorah is or that hes meant to be important to Daenerys, and, no, having her remind the audience is beyond weak and shallow. Delaying his exile does nothing good. If he was actually an impotant character in the TV series then I could maybe understand pushing his exile back as a main event because how her ASOS arc ends. But he has nothing to do, or any personal interaction with Dany for 2 seasons and you cut all his book material out then its not the case.

Edited by Tyrion1991

A touch to turn the baby to a WW. How did Uncat and Beric turn? Maybe these are similar.

so the lord of light and the others are like Yin and Yang? Also, sure, I figured the babies weren't being killed exactly, but...I thought they might be food for the white walkers, who are not others (?) and not wights(?)...I can't seem to wrap my brain around this stuff in the books and now this fanfiction/TWOW spoiler.. I'm not sure what to think? it's difficult for me to say I like this new direction, I feel completely disoriented. seriously, WTF was happening at Crasters? I just kept saying What is Ghost doing int hat cage???

Wow. So they gave Jorahs bit in the sewers to Grey Worm.

Why is he still in Meereen?

How does this make the story better?

I doubt most casual viewers even remember who Jorah is or that hes meant to be important to Daenerys, and, no, having her remind the audience is beyond weak and shallow. Delaying his exile does nothing good.

There's nobody there that knows of his betrayal. Barristan was never at the SC meetings in the show arc.

Edited by NightStark