[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

WinterKing

My flatmate at first thought that Littlefinger was lying about marrying Lysa for who-knows-what obscure Littlefinger-ish reasons.

She also thought Jaime was sending Brienne after Sansa so that he could give her head to Cersei afterwards :O I had to convince her that he's doing it in good faith, and she said that "Jaime is too good a person now, it's like he's not a Lannister anymore". She's suspicious of that change.

Hes sure Jaime sent Pod along on the journey to bring back Sansas head for Tyrion.

He thinks Dany will be killed by somebody in "Egypt".

The "ice demon" turned the baby into an undercover to go back and sent reports to the rest of the ice people.

And in the preview for the next episode he "hopes" that the hound cuts arya in half with one swipe.

He doesn't really pay attention at all.

Three friends are all convinced Bran is going to die in the next episode, Meera will be raped by Karl and the other guy (Jojen) will be killed too. Jon will come too late and Locke will kill the direwolves before being killed.

They aren't over the Red Wedding methinks...

Everyone wants Dany to go to Westeros, nobody cares about anything else and couldn't give a shit about the Night's King at the end. Even when I tried to explain its signifiance, their eyes glazed over and they were overcome by indifference.

It's just Dany needs to go to Westeros for them.

I dont want to sound arrogant or anything but sometimes when reading friends and family reactions here, I'm so proud of the quick wit of my friends ! They so often remind me of the Unsullieds at PreviouslyTV !

Starting to get bored of Dany and her repetitive story, also thought the scene with her standing beneath the flag had dark undertones to it.

Thinks the Locke and Bran/Jon stuff is really interesting. Hopes that Jon will save Bran and he'll be annoyed if they don't meet. "The characters never join up with other characters...it gets annoying. They always stay with the same characters" -Stannis and company entering Jon's story will go down well with the audience I think.

Asked if the White Walkers invasion will be episode 9 where the Wildlings and NW will be forced to stop fighting each other and team up.

Also, my other unsullied friend stopped shipping Brienne/Jaime last week because of the rape scene but has apparently forgotten about it and ships them again.

So I've talked to a friend of mine tonight, and he had a lot of thoughts (although I have to say that he's in the process of reading the first book now, so maybe he's already a bit biased in some things)

- Brienne could be a good character but they haven't really given her much purpose in the show and now that's she's going in this adventure away from Jaime she can only get more boring.

- The more he thinks about the sept sex scene, the less he clasifies it as rape: also his best friend doesn't think is rape and she kind of convinced him.

- He thinks Bronn is extremely cool and loves his scenes with Jaime, and how straightforwardly he speaks to him. The moment where he reveals to Jaime that he was Tyrion's first choice for a champion and then they jump to the scene of Jaime in Tyrion's cell was amazing to him.

- Like my flatmate, he admires Littlefinger, creepy as he is, and his remarks have given him a lot to think about.

- He feels that Margaery has been used by her family up to this point and she didn't really know what was going on, but from now on she's gonna be in control, and he likes that.

- He considers Bran's storyline so, so boring and I don't think he pays a lot of attention to it: in fact, he didn't remember why or how he hell he got Nort of the Wall. But he thinks Jon is gonna rescue them and they're gonna meet.

Starting to get bored of Dany and her repetitive story, also thought the scene with her standing beneath the flag had dark undertones to it.

It's really a matter of time now that the Unsullied will realize Dany's pomposity is getting old and her story isn't going to be half as interesting as the others until she transfers her ass to Westeros. The Unsullied might be biased, cause she started off awesome (I loved her myself at the beginning), but they're not stupid.

It's really a matter of time now that the Unsullied will realize Dany's pomposity is getting old and her story isn't going to be half as interesting as the others until she transfers her ass to Westeros. The Unsullied might be biased, cause she started off awesome (I loved her myself at the beginning), but they're not stupid.

:agree:

She goes downhill from here and I'm looking forward to seeing how this effects her popularity. I would say Tyrion too but I think they'll spice up his Essoss arc.

Personally, I think this was true in the books as well. I didn't think she should be queen after learning she may be infertile, but she was one of my favorites for a long time all the same. Her early plotlines are great in either medium then she kind of flounders

I have spoiled many things for my unsullied hubby unfortunately for him. But there are things I haven't ruined. He knows Tyrion will get out of the cells and that there is a trial by combat (he assumes this means his champion will win) He thought it would be Bronn but I told him no so now he thinks Oberyn will win and assumes the mountin (undefeatable) will finally get his arse kicked by Oberyn. I don't have the heart to ruin it anymore than I already have so will let him think that for now. But he will sad when he is proved wrong. Especially since I've talked up how badass Oberyn is but all he's seen is a sex crazed guy so far.

He also isn't very impressed with Dany atm as he knows she's still not in Westeros yet in the books (damn me and my spoilers) so he really doesn't care what happens unless the dragons get some badass moments coming up.

He asked about the WW but I said he knows pretty much the same amount as me since the end to this weeks ep was more than us readers have seen.

He thinks Stannis is a dick but hates Cercei more so he hopes He will eventually kick some Lannister butt (all but Tyrion and Jaime of course coz they can do no wrong in his eyes), but also loose the evil red witch in the process.

He also couldn't care less about Sansa and LF but he knows I really like her chapters so is waiting for some action (I don't know why he thinks I'm all about action)

and finally I've ruined Arya as well for him and knows she ends up training to be some super ninja assassin so hopes that happens soon. Although based upon the promo for next week assumes she hurts the hound and runs away. (hmmmmm....)

Three friends are all convinced Bran is going to die in the next episode, Meera will be raped by Karl and the other guy (Jojen) will be killed too. Jon will come too late and Locke will kill the direwolves before being killed.

They aren't over the Red Wedding methinks...

It's the tried and proven "expect the worst and hope for the best" formula - I can't blame them. ;)

Everyone wants Dany to go to Westeros, nobody cares about anything else and couldn't give a shit about the Night's King at the end. Even when I tried to explain its signifiance, their eyes glazed over and they were overcome by indifference.

It's just Dany needs to go to Westeros for them.

That's because that's what they've been rooting for since day one. I don't know about you, but I remember that same feeling of desperation and disappointment from later Dany chapters (particularly ADWD).

Thinks the Locke and Bran/Jon stuff is really interesting. Hopes that Jon will save Bran and he'll be annoyed if they don't meet. "The characters never join up with other characters...it gets annoying. They always stay with the same characters" -Stannis and company entering Jon's story will go down well with the audience I think.

Asked if the White Walkers invasion will be episode 9 where the Wildlings and NW will be forced to stop fighting each other and team up.

Also, my other unsullied friend stopped shipping Brienne/Jaime last week because of the rape scene but has apparently forgotten about it and ships them again.

Oh god, he'll be so pissed when Arya nearly misses Sansa and Brienne later this season...

I agree. I loved Dany in book 1 and 2, but the longer she stayed in Essos, the less interesting she became and the more I focused on other characters (incidentally, my interests in Dany and Jon seem to be indirectly proportional - with every book I like Dany a lot less and Jon a lot more). I think for many show watchers the idea that Dany will soon arrive in KL and clean house (read: help the Starks and kill the Lannisters) is what makes the "bright" side of the show (you know, the one that actually feels warm and fuzzy and hopeful). Imagine their surprise when the show gets to ADWD-Dany...

Archived