How did Margaery get past Jaime's peerless security apparatus?

Lightning Tiger

Why wouldn't she be able to get into Tommen's chambers? She was the Queen (for a short while) when Joffrey was alive, and she'll be the Queen once again when she marries Tommen. She wouldn't have to sneak in, or beat anyone up, or any other ridiculous notion. The shit people here get confused about...

Why wouldn't she be able to get into Tommen's chambers? She was the Queen (for a short while) when Joffrey was alive, and she'll be the Queen once again when she marries Tommen. She wouldn't have to sneak in, or beat anyone up, or any other ridiculous notion. The shit people here get confused about...

Agreed. People are acting like she is some random stranger who is completely unknown to the KG.

I imagine the conversation went like this:

Boros: Sorry, my lady but I have strict orders not to let anyone into the King's chamber.

Margaery: I'm not 'anyone', I'll be the Queen remember?

Boros: Oh of course... *Steps aside*

Margaery seemed to be adjusting her clothes when she walked into the room and earlier Olenna had given her a speech about using her body to get what she wants... Do I need to elaborate further?

Either that or she gave Blount some wine or gold coins. I have the feeling that Margaery is pretty choosy about who she would offer her physical favors, and Blount would not be on that list for any reason less than a dire emergency.

So being kissed on the forehead=rape? Surely you must be joking, perhaps mocking all the people who are suddenly outraged that the series "has too much rape lately" (the show and books both notorious for the abundance of murder, torture, rape, brutality, and wide variety of sexual scenarios)

Because the show writers are stupid and were too lazy to come up with a logical reason to how she managed to get by the guard so they passed it off like it was obvious though it clearly isn't.

This episode was the lamest in the series so far, in my opinion.

Yep.

The Food Taster and The (rulers of the) Breadbasket Of The Empire. God, it's so obvious in retrospect. :)

Seriously how has he not been demoted to food taster yet? At least we saw that Meryn Trant was skilled enough to surive Syrio Forel.

I'm sure he didn't mind.

This is what people mean, when they refer to "rape culture."

I think I know why Tommen was recast/aged up. Margaery is a character that elicits audience sympathy, and the showrunners didn't want to make her look like some child predator.

Archived