Butterfly effect: Now Jon knows... (Huge Spoilers)

Stannis - Jon plot line offering him to be Jon Stark likely ruined....

Or heavy changed.

He would now know he cant accept cause it is his brothers lordship. And if Bran is alive, Rickon is likely to be.

I dont see how Jon is having a conflict at all. Either Stannis offer wont happen, or wont be so hard for Jon.

Also, Jon is now in the "Theon didnt do it" camp. If book Jon buddie with Stannis had this info he would likely share it with Stann.

By the way I predict no farya, and a Battle of Ice for Rickon. What do you think of it?

I don't know it depends how this whole Craster scenario plays out, maybe it'll end with Jon thinking Bran is dead or something. I can't see Jon letting Bran go deeper north willingly so their going to have to handle it all somehow. D&D hate Stannis anyway so I always assume any cool part of his story will get cut out anyway.

I think the whole farya thing will play out because of the fact that D&D seem to be really into the whole Theon story and it wouldn't be really all that hard to introduce some girl as farya later on. They could even wait till Ramsays wedding for that matter.

I don't know it depends how this whole Craster scenario plays out, maybe it'll end with Jon thinking Bran is dead or something. I can't see Jon letting Bran go deeper north willingly so their going to have to handle it all somehow. D&D hate Stannis anyway so I always assume any cool part of his story will get cut out anyway.

I think the whole farya thing will play out because of the fact that D&D seem to be really into the whole Theon story and it wouldn't be really all that hard to introduce some girl as farya later on. They could even wait till Ramsays wedding for that matter.

Even if he thinks Bran is dead. How would he be sure Rickon isnt?

Now he knows Theon didnt kill the boys. Fact.

Maybe they'll have Locke come after Bran, and then have Bran use that to persuade Jon not to tell anyone he's alive. Stannis could then still offer Jon Winterfell even if his reasons for turning it down are different. Or what Averde said with Jon potentially thinking he's dead for some reason.

I always thought it was contrived that Sam didn't tell Bran. The offer of Winterfell will still tempt him, especially if the Boltons are occupying it. Even if Jon knows Bran and Rickon live, he'll still be tempted to involve himself in the affairs of the North.

I always thought it was contrived that Sam didn't tell Bran. The offer of Winterfell will still tempt him, especially if the Boltons are occupying it. Even if Jon knows Bran and Rickon live, he'll still be tempted to involve himself in the affairs of the North.

We have had quite some passage of time without Sam telling Jon what he knows...and not reason given.

Even if he thinks Bran is dead. How would he be sure Rickon isnt?

Now he knows Theon didnt kill the boys. Fact.

Meh, I could see a lot of the average show watchers not putting that together and the show not really mentioning Rickon again for a long, long, long time if ever. You bring up a great point and everything and I 100% agree with you, it's just I think it's somethiing that D&D might just gloss over.

Yes, I always thought Sam not telling Jon was stupid, so, good thing the show changed it

I think there is still a chance their paths don't cross. I just don't see a reunion between the two next week. Then even if he knows Theon didn't do it, it would be a lot for Jon to assume Bran would survive winter beyond the wall.

I guess they will change the reasons for Jon not accepting but he won't tell Stannis why. Maybe Bran here asks Jon not to tell, and that he must leave and go North because he knows how to defeat the Others. Then, Jon realises that Bran might never return or that it will take him so long. So, it's like for now, they're dead and can't return to reclaim Winterfel. And they don't know where Rickon is.

I don't mind the changes so far but it's like they're trying to distance themselves for certain details while they will have the same end. It's the details what explains the end, and that's why many things feel fucked up.

One interesting possible thread here is Locke. It's kind of weird in ADWD that Ramsey has a particular hard on for Jon with that letter. Could the show be setting up a reason for that hate with a potential Jon killing Locke and sending his head to the dreadfort as LC?

I think it's highly possible that even if Jon and Bran do meet (and let's be honest, that would be quite an emotional and cathartic moment for show and book readers) ... Bran and Jojen would still tell Jon that Bran can't go back with him. There's the bigger picture to think about.

But who knows? It really depends on how it all plays out.

I'm okay with this change for the time being.

Archived