Butterfly effect: Now Jon knows... (Huge Spoilers)

Speaking of Locke, wasn't he established as a LORD when he was first introduced? I got the feeling he was one of Roose's bannermen. This season, they have him as a sellsword type.

And also, forget what Roose promised him. Once he takes the oath, he's completely screwed. Even if he succeeds in retrieving Bran, he can't ever leave the NW.

I really think this storyline is completely screwed up.

More like a swornsword than a sellsword, but yes, him taking the oath causes a lot of problems.

You may be right on the My Lord...but since everybody and their brother is referred to as M'Lord or My Lord by any underlings/lower births I probably ignored it. he obviously isn't that important since Roose is offering him a holdfast for his work. Implying he doesn't already have one.

As far as precedent? Seriously? How about precedents for murdering people at weddings under the protection of guest right...or for bastard kings born of twincest...or the precedent for relieving a kingsguard of his duty? Were there any precedents for those things before they happened? This whole story post Ned's death is the realm playing everything by ear.

They DEFINITELY referred to him as "My Lord". I have all the episodes.

There's NEVER been a precedent for a NW deserter being pardoned and I'm pretty sure only a Lord Commander has that power, not any warden of the north or even the king.

Maybe Roose forsaw this and when Locke "deserts" then he can behead him and then he wont have to give him a holdfast or anything

You may be right on the My Lord...but since everybody and their brother is referred to as M'Lord or My Lord by any underlings/lower births I probably ignored it. he obviously isn't that important since Roose is offering him a holdfast for his work. Implying he doesn't already have one.

As far as precedent? Seriously? How about precedents for murdering people at weddings under the protection of guest right...or for bastard kings born of twincest...or the precedent for relieving a kingsguard of his duty? Were there any precedents for those things before they happened? This whole story post Ned's death is the realm playing everything by ear.

Come to think of it, Locke was flying Roose's banner when they captured Jaime and Brienne, so you might be right. It seems he would've had his own banner if he was a true lord.

My point is taking the oath for the NW is no small thing and the show is kind of treating it like that.

Wait a tic, do we honestly believe Jon and Bran are going to meet? IMO it seems pretty obvious to me that they're just doing a retread of what they did last season with the two of them just narrowly missing each other at Queenscrown.

Yeah, exactly. It's something for show only viewers, to have them think they'll meet. I bet they miss each other, they're changing stuff but they haven't changed anything that major yet.

Yeah, exactly. It's something for show only viewers, to have them think they'll meet. I bet they miss each other, they're changing stuff but they haven't changed anything that major yet.

I guess, but then I assume we won't have Jon being tempted to become the lord of winterfell by stannis, since he knows his brother(s) are alive...

Normally I like the new stuff the show adds. Those extra Robert Baratheon scenes, or Tywin and Arya in Harrenhall, I thought they were great. And whats more, they didn't have a huge butterfly effect.

I don't like when the show changes things for no reason, like Stannis and the "Infidel" line. I'm not sure how I feel about these changes for Bran. Obviously his story line is running out of material. So they needed to add something to keep him in the story much like they added the Theon torture scenes. The difference is the Theon torture scenes ACTUALLY HAPPENED, and Robert's conversations likely could have happened.

Bran getting captured... could have a huge butterfly effect. But they could spin it so it doesn't so much. If Bran can escape before Jon arrives they can mitigate the effect...

I think it's best of Jon and Bran narrowly miss each other, but it might be too similar to what happened last season and might appear tedious. I'm not sure if they've cast Coldhands, but if they have, he could swoop in and rescue Bran and the deserters could say Bran was taken by the White Walkers. This could add a nice twist to the "narrowly missing each other scenario", and gives Jon the chance to properly mourn the loss of a brother, because we didn't see him mourning on screen for Robb.

the Bolton's have a pretty low opinion of the nights watch, in the pink letter ramsay pretty much threaten to flay them all if they did not meet his demands. they could care less about vows, Locke will be fine if he gets back to them, but I do not think that will happen.

Why can't we have a Bran - Jon reunion...

I mean Jon might be forced / coerced to let Bran go.

Possible things

1. Locke is there. Tries to kill Bran. Makes Jon realise that Bran isn't safe even at the Wall.

2. Bran convinces him to let him, saying that is his destiny and stuff and tells him about his visions and warging and magical abilities.

( The Bran visions also included the white walker ritual from last episode)

3. Makes Jon realise that he is imperial against the fight with others.

4. Wilding attack on the wall is nearing, so Bran tells Jon to concentrate on that.

5. Tells him about Rickon and asks him to go save/find him instead of Bran. And then tells that another Stark is alive if anything happens to him.

Please Jon - Bran reunion '!!!!!

And it won't change things either.

I can't believe how anyone can be against a Stark Reunion. Why! -_-

They DEFINITELY referred to him as "My Lord". I have all the episodes.

There's NEVER been a precedent for a NW deserter being pardoned and I'm pretty sure only a Lord Commander has that power, not any warden of the north or even the king.

Robb claimed he had the power to release someone from NW vows (Jon, when he allegedly named him his heir).

"my lord" is just a manner of speaking. People who are not proper lords are referred in that manner quite frequently. Tyrion and Varys for example. Sandor is constantly mistaken for a knight and called "ser". This shouldn't be taken to have deeper meaning.

Speaking of Locke, wasn't he established as a LORD when he was first introduced? I got the feeling he was one of Roose's bannermen. This season, they have him as a sellsword type.

And also, forget what Roose promised him. Once he takes the oath, he's completely screwed. Even if he succeeds in retrieving Bran, he can't ever leave the NW.

I really think this storyline is completely screwed up.

I'm not sure what Lockes background is supposed to be. You figure Jon could tell that he was northerner. I'm not sure what happens with him, maybe he sees a White Walker and shits his pants. It would sort of be interesting if Jon won him over to an extent, if Locke saw him as someone who Roose needed to command the Wall and that knocking him off could really rock the boat and have dire consequences. Probably it won't pan out that way,

Bran has to have something to do. Jon has to have something to do. Combine their needs and boom - plot, conflict. Nothing changes the story. Jon's not deserting just to save Bran. Chances are he'll reach Craster's just as Bran is leaving, they'll glimpse each other and do some cheesy half-smile and go their separate ways.

I just don't like how Ghost is caged? How long has it been in show time? Has someone been feeding him, walking him? :lol:

I guess, but then I assume we won't have Jon being tempted to become the lord of winterfell by stannis, since he knows his brother(s) are alive...

Yes, probably. It changes Jon's characterisation a bit, but since he refuses anyway it doesn't change the storyline. That's what they seem to be doing in general anyway, tweak the characters but put them in the same major events as the books.

Archived