Butterfly effect: Now Jon knows... (Huge Spoilers)

It seems like a really long ride from Craster's to wherever one would expect the HQ of the White Walkers to be. Presumably its in the Lands of Always Winter, hundreds of miles from Craster's, across a forbidding mountain range. Even if we stipulate the WW have magic "don't get frostbite" powers with their affinity to cold, a baby would die of dehydration and starvation before reaching it. Unless WWs can also nurse newborns...

It appeared that Summer fell into a pit trap, no? Not sure why the same couldn't have happened to Ghost. People have captured bears and tigers with pits for centuries.

I agree. There were snares. It is really not as unlikely or "laughable" as people are saying that Ghost could be trapped. He is a very big wolf, but still a wolf.

Because Bran asks him to not tell anyone?

Considering Jon knows Robb is dead and without an heir, I think he'd want Bran or Rickon safe though?

This does pose some problems about Jon knowing there must be a new Lord Stark. Unless he doesn't willingly let Bran go and has someone try to find Rickon...Davos? Nope, surely they won't do that! I need Manderly Frey Pie!

Jon and Bran probably want Rickon to stay away from kings, weddings, wars and religious fanatics. Jon's dilemma might turn into accepting the offer FOR their sake, so there'll be a Winterfell to go to when Rickon comes off age.

That's a fair point as well. He can always abdicate to Rickon when he's of age (if the world survives that long).

They intend to train Ghost to dance to entertain people?

Wait for the next episode. I am pretty sure they will tell the reason.

Seriously need to bash each and every thing?

Sam didn't make Bran promise, then why isn't he telling Jon about it... Ahhh have patience!

They can't spill out everything in one episode.

Next episode we will most probably know why Karl insists on keeping Ghost alive. Maybe like a guard dog or something.

Stannis offers Jon Winterfell but Jon refuses saying Rickon is still alive so Stannis sends Davos after Rickon?

Davos looks for him at White Harbor seeing as House Manderly is loyal to the Starks...and Wyman gives him the leads towards finding him on Skagos. He also talks about some Northern vengeance!

This would make Stannis look good and cement a friendship between Stannis and Jon...possibly Davos too.

...maybe?

Stannis offers Jon Winterfell but Jon refuses saying Rickon is still alive so Stannis sends Davos after Rickon?

Davos looks for him at White Harbor seeing as House Manderly is loyal to the Starks...and Wyman gives him the leads towards finding him on Skagos. He also talks about some Northern vengeance!

This would make Stannis look good and cement a friendship between Stannis and Jon...possibly Davos too.

...maybe?

Nah. Next complaint. - Stannis won't get so many awesome lines to say

You can never satisfy purists.

I wonder they rather not want to see their fav books getting adapted into a series in the best possible ways. Seriously I can't think of any other network doing this better

Wait for the next episode. I am pretty sure they will tell the reason.

Seriously need to bash each and every thing?

Sam didn't make Bran promise, then why isn't he telling Jon about it... Ahhh have patience!

They can't spill out everything in one episode.

Next episode we will most probably know why Karl insists on keeping Ghost alive. Maybe like a guard dog or something.

It was a joke.

He probably will tell him, cuts out the whole Wex Pyke thing, Stannis can just send Davos to pick him up.

Saves time introducing the Manderlys..Davos being 'killed' etc.. they can be brought in some other way.

I think the Manderleys will still be in, in some form or another. There were numerous mentions of Whiteharbour in S03, and the Manderleys were the only other House at the Red Wedding besides the Boltons and Freys.

I think the Manderleys will still be in, in some form or another. There were numerous mentions of Whiteharbour in S03, and the Manderleys were the only other House at the Red Wedding besides the Boltons and Freys.

Dustins and Mormonts were there

Dont underestimate the butterfly effect.

Even George admitted Jaime sooner arrival to KL kind of messed the Cersei now rape scene...

And this is far bigger...

This argument makes no sense. That was a rape scene because they chose to have Jaime force himself on Cersei. They could have made that sex consensual in any number of ways. There is no butterfly effect, and GRRM should be ashamed of himself for suggesting that Jaime's early return had a causal relationship with the rapeyness.

Stannis - Jon plot line offering him to be Jon Stark likely ruined....

Or heavy changed.

He would now know he cant accept cause it is his brothers lordship. And if Bran is alive, Rickon is likely to be.

Excellent point. It goes to show how the showrunners have 'crossed the Rubicon' in terms of every getting the plot to follow that of the books.

And they've burned any bridges behind them in doing so.

It more or less sends a message to readers of the books, "We (D & D) don't give a Rat's Cook's Ass what you think."

The real tragedy is that there is no-one on their staff that is 1/10th as good a writer as GRRM.

Somebody there must have one hell of an ego to think that they are.

This argument makes no sense. That was a rape scene because they chose to have Jaime force himself on Cersei. They could have made that sex consensual in any number of ways. There is no butterfly effect, and GRRM should be ashamed of himself for suggesting that Jaime's early return had a causal relationship with the rapeyness.

I don't think that is what he suggested. He suggested that perhaps D&D felt that the scene had to be changed because this wasn't the first time they had seen each other since Jaime returned to Kings Landing. The show just did a terrible job portraying a scene that they intended to be something that became consensual.

Certainly the writers could come up with some reason why the mutineers captured and kept Ghost alive next episode, but I'm struggling to think of a good one. He can't really be a guard dog of any value if he is locked up in a cage. They don't have infinite supplies, and Ghost would no doubt be hostile to them, and Karl has already shown his propensity for cruelty. They start beating on Hodor and stab him in the leg just for the hell of it, but Ghost they keep in a cage and feed? It's hard to imagine how they are going to justify it, but like many changes they make, there is a good chance they won't try. Change as much as they want, then pretend it didn't happen or didn't matter later.

Since the noble captive exchange is never going to happen it ultimately won't matter, but I am curious how a bunch of Night's Watch deserters were planning on collecting on a noble ransom, when to even let someone who might pay the ransom know about it would require going south of the wall.

They intend to train Ghost to dance to entertain people?

Karl reminds me of some of the more "redneck" types I've met down here in the South. I think a person like Karl might just get a huge ego boost knowing he now has a big ferocious direwolf to call his own.

Archived