[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

shiola

What did you love about this episode? From the smallest background detail to an obvious character moment, everything is fair game! This is a hate-free zone to shamelessly gush over everything you love about the series. NO PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE NEGATIVITY OR BACKHANDED COMPLIMENTS.

And, for the love of the Mother, remember..

NO SPOILERS MEANS NO SPOILERS

- no hinting

- no predictions

- no vague statements

(UNLESS IT IS UNDER A SPOILER TAG)

This is an oasis of love and fangirling/fanboying/fanpersoning.

I liked that the show through the White Walkers (well, Others) reveal spoiled the books in a big way, way bigger than with Jeyne/Talisa. Go big or go home, I say, and the show just threw the book fandom a huge bone. About time.

Speaking of potential spoilage, Tyrion's "Sansa's not a killer. Not yet, anyway" followed by a Littlefinger/Sansa scene? YES, PLEASE.

The Jaime/Tyrion scene was great. Also, the callback to Tyrion wanting to name Jaime as his champion back at the Eyrie was a nice way of tying everything together.

Loved TV Sansa putting the pieces together so quickly. A vast improvement on the books, in my opinion.

The lighting in the first scene was incredible.

The White Walker stuff at the end was beautiful and haunting and I can't wait to see it on a bigger screen on my re-watch.

I liked Jon telling Sam he knows what it feels like to leave someone you love. It's easy to forget Ygritte is his first girlfriend and the first person he's ever loved.

I LOVE the stuff with Bran!! Keeps me surprised and on the edge of my seat.

k. I have a lot to gush about.

Cuz really, i dont care how far out there from the books the episode was, it was gr9.

Meereen. All of it. Dany crucifying those guys finally happened and im like "YISS!"

Barristan's face when Dany answered him with "I will answer justice with justice." He's heard that before and he all but says it. <3 Love it.

Targ flag. Hue.

Grey Worm being awesome. Im ok with Missandei/Grey Worm cuz its...not motivated by lust and desire. I dont know why people are against that cuz it shows that love can exist without sex. Grey Worm Love is the most honest love there is, dammit!

Tyrion and Jaime was ok cuz NCW is gr9.

Cersei's losing her mind and im munchin' on popcorn.

Jaime and Brienne's scene was yes. Pod!

Bronn smacking Jaime with his gold hand was omg lol.

Sansa being really "Hey look, pal, i am not amused with your shit." was so wonderful! I loved that!

Im not sure how i feel about the Bran stuff cuz its such a radical change. But i do love how Jojen is getting visibly weaker. Even my mum was like "whats wrong with him?"

Jon being a complete badass was just yes. I mean ive been so Jon starved, i neeeeeeded his scenes! The Satin replacement is just an adorable little boy (whos likely a crackshot!) and im more than ok with it.

Locke being the Bowen is ok with me too. Its a radical change but its one that can work.

Craster's. Ok, what i actually liked about this is that it illustrates just how depraved those fuckers are. And that the Others are doing those babies a favor. Yeah i fucking said it. COME AT ME!

Speaking of the Others, how about that Plot Bomb, guys!

I've had problems with this season up until tonight. I loved this episode for so many reasons. It was really well done for both book readers and the show watchers.

It was as a standalone episode easily among my favorites ever. I can't point out a single scene that I as a book reader disagreed with and every scene had great aspects to it, not a boring moment.

And Ser Pounce of course.

So much to love.

Grey Worm learning English was a cute scene.

The scene with Margaery and Tommen was one of the most stressful things to watch, in a good way. Like oh god I kept expecting her to just jump on the poor boy. Speaking of Tommen, very good actor for him! And Ser Pounce, who wouldn't be happy about that?

I really like all that stuff with Craster's Keep. And I like that they're adding to Bran's storyline, as it seriously needed some sort of filler to avoid completely catching up.

And everything Meera. So glad she's finally getting more lines.

The scene with Margaery and Tommen was one of the most stressful things to watch, in a good way. Like oh god I kept expecting her to just jump on the poor boy. Speaking of Tommen, very good actor for him! And Ser Pounce, who wouldn't be happy about that?

Yes, New Tommen acquitted himself well.

So many good things.

- Grey Worm giving the slaves weapons and telling them to take their own freedom.

- TARGARYEN STANDARD! YES!

- Tyrion's "Not yet anyway" comment.

- Oathkeeper

- Sansa and Creepyfinger and Sansa not having his BS at all.

- Jon Snow stepping it up.

- Sitting on the edge of my seat with Bran and co. because for once I had no idea what was going on.

- GHOST.

- The White Walker reveal

I like all the episode minus the whole Bran getting to Craster's and getting captured.

Also didn't like how they ruined Jaime's character in the last episode. So now I couldn't really feel anything nice for him when he did a good deed by sending Brienne after Sansa.

I liked that the show through the White Walkers (well, Others) reveal spoiled the books in a big way, way bigger than with Jeyne/Talisa. Go big or go home, I say, and the show just threw the book fandom a huge bone. About time.

Speaking of potential spoilage, Tyrion's "Sansa's not a killer. Not yet, anyway" followed by a Littlefinger/Sansa scene? YES, PLEASE.

The Jaime/Tyrion scene was great. Also, the callback to Tyrion wanting to name Jaime as his champion back at the Eyrie was a nice way of tying everything together.

Loved TV Sansa putting the pieces together so quickly. A vast improvement on the books, in my opinion.

TV Sansa is great. I love TV Sansa. Tyrion: "Shes no killer....not yet." Ohh

Oh yes! Little Kung Fu Movie Guy Theory is shaping up well.

All Meera all the time! <3

Yes. Frogspear up in that guy's dome. I root for it.

Archived