[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

shiola

Targaryen banner was awesome. Heraldry adds so much character to the show imo.

Meera's actress is growing on me. She works better without Osha around.

Jaime worked well in all his scenes this week. Chemistry with Brienne felt as close to books as it ever has for me this episode.

I loved the final scene. I don't know how to describe it and the Other looked a little latexy but it was a great scene.

The lighting in the first scene was incredible.

The White Walker stuff at the end was beautiful and haunting and I can't wait to see it on a bigger screen on my re-watch.

I liked Jon telling Sam he knows what it feels like to leave someone you love. It's easy to forget Ygritte is his first girlfriend and the first person he's ever loved.

I LOVE the stuff with Bran!! Keeps me surprised and on the edge of my seat.

It was beautiful. It's exciting to see something that represents the unknown in a world like that.

Alright, I actually took notes throughout the episode because there was so much stuff that I liked. Here's the list:

- Missandei + Grey Worm: they are just adorable together
- Barristan's look at Daenerys' "justice" line - he knows what's going to happen next and you can see his confidence shattering

- Bronn beating Jaime with his gold hand made me laugh so hard
- nice callback to Tyrion's time at the Eyrie
- Tyrion + Jaime in the cell - all of it, particularly "Sansa is not a killer. Not yet at least." Oh yeah!
- At the Wall: Slynt talking about LC elections. Foreshadowing anyone?

- Cersei and her wine XD
- the boar's head that Joffrey shot hanging on Tommen's wall - that must be the most creepy accessory of all times
- Ser Pounce is in :)
- Jaime explaining where the swords came from
- Brienne "for lady Catelyn... and for you"
- Pod being adorkable
- Jaime's face when Brienne said "Oathkeeper" - NCW, you rock!
- Sam has told Jon about Bran - weird, non-canon, but totally in character (at least from my POV)
- epic Jon speech and I love Grenn, Edd and those three unnamed, red shirt brothers that stood up for him
- everything that happened at Craster's was properly...disturbing, particularly that poor girl being raped in the background all throughout the scene

- also, speaking of Craster's, the boar's head in Tommen's bedroom is now officially the second-creepiest prop
- "gift for the gods" sent shivers down my spine

- Bran and Co at Craster's... oh god, I hope nothing bad happens to Meera (see three lines above)
- and now we all know what is the White Walker edition of the birds and the bees *shudder*

- Brienne "for lady Catelyn... and for you"

LOVED this, and loved Gwendoline Christie's acting: that quick, furtive glance at Jaime and moment of hesitation and struggle before she adds "And for you."

The clearly writers ship Jaime/Brienne pretty hard.

- The huge Targ flag basically covering the Harpy. Awesome

- Olenna's line: "If I had to take another leisure stroll through these gardens I'd throw myself from a cliff" Can I say meta? And a neat little reference to poor dead Luthor

- Ser Pounce!

- Pod's: "Ser...My lady...?"

- My brain has now assimilated the last scene, and I think I like it

The Targaryen banner. Yes! Now if only Dany can start dressing in Targaryen colors.

Sansa putting all the pieces together. Littlefinger being creepy as hell.

Grey Worm and Missandei! I love that they are starting to flesh out some of the minor characters in Dany's storyline.

- the boar's head that Joffrey shot hanging on Tommen's wall - that must be the most creepy accessory of all times

Its the Regime Change Boar! And its awesome!

Grey Worm and Missandei! I love that they are starting to flesh out some of the minor characters in Dany's storyline.

You know what i love? That most of the first part of the episode was from Grey Worm's POV. And the scene with Dany seemed more from Barristan's POV. Oh show, i see what you did there. :drunk:

- The huge Targ flag basically covering the Harpy. Awesome

- Olenna's line: "If I had to take another leisure stroll through these gardens I'd throw myself from a cliff" Can I say meta? And a neat little reference to poor dead Luthor

- Ser Pounce!

- Pod's: "Ser...My lady...?"

- My brain has now assimilated the last scene, and I think I like it

Ser..my lady. Yes! i loved that.

Olenna being raunchy was pretty great too.

Bolded, im really liking it! GIMME MOAR!

- Ghost!

- Mormont's skull, as grim as it was. Made me really hate Karl and I can't wait for Snow to put a sword through his head.

- The Targaryen flag. As bad as that whole intro was, that shot was just awesome.

- The landscape of the White Walker territory. Very otherworldly.

Everything. No, seriously. This could be my favourite GoT episode thus far.

• Jaime's "I have one last gift", cut to Pod's big smile. "Ser... I mean M'lady."
  • The ominous Targaryen banner flying over Meereen. "White-washed"? Har!
  • Ser Pounce!
  • Locke befriending Jon, and his little joke about "protecting the realm".
  • The Other scene. I don't know how long I was holding my breath during that scene, but holy shit that was a treat! I know some book readers are going to complain that it's dabbling into new territory, but I appreciate the courage to head into waters that George has been delaying for too long.

I'll stop there for now, lest I ramble on about everything in the episode. Great job Bryan and Michelle!

Grey Worm and Missandei are so friggin cute!

Is Marg's hair lighter? And can we all take a minute to cry about Olenna leaving?

And Jaime and Brienne broke my heart... but Pod being perfectly awkward made it better.

And Darth Maul made a cameo. All good things. (Except for Olenna. :crying: )

*** Loved to see Ghost and his red eyes! He looks like a proper beast! I wonder how he ever got captured though.

*** Lord Snow being all badass

*** Closeup of the Valyrian steel blade - great to see the details of the staff they are carrying around

*** Jamie and Brienne scenes were so intense. Great work by actors saying so much by not saying much at all.

*** Justice line by Dany - and if I picture her dressed up in red and black and being all fierce Targ... yehaa!

*** The end scene with silent background and nothing else but baby cry and horse steps. Creepy.

Pacing and writing were the best yet this season. Sharp, to the point, no cringe worthy things like "Shae de faunny whure!" All the dialogue had something important and pushing the plot forward. The NW misfits are proving that Wildling, NW, Lannister, Stark whatever, some people are just bad people waiting for a chance for their own gains and power. Ending was kickass too.

Loved the idea of Summer waking up from Bran's control and thinking "Oh f*ck, what's the kid done to me now?!"

Liked Locke's cunning - last season he used the anti-highborn rhetoric against Jaime, and now he used it to try to gain Jon's trust. Really interesting how people's predictions here that he and Jon would get along are sort of coming true.

Jaros Slynt (spelling?) proving to be somewhat intelligent and cunning, which is nice. Not just a cartoon villain.

Jon's continued improvement - whether it be acting changes, or the move from Iceland to Ireland, or a planned move from a more emo to a more charismatic Jon, whatever the cause, it's good to see.

Characters at the Wall being fleshed out more.

Queen of Thorns breaking the fourth wall and complaining about walking in the gardens all the time.

Loved loved loved that the show decided to bring the Others back in a bit more. I'm glad they're not going to disappear for multiple seasons.

Fairly clever exposition dumps/reminders: Cersei talking about Jaime's promise to Catelyn, for example.

Ser Pounce!

Margaery deciding, no, actually, I'll just kiss him on the forehead.

More darkness appearing in Dany's story: Grey Worm caring only about killing the masters, Dany crucifying 163 masters in a bit of gruesome detail.

So far I think this season's been fantastic.

Archived