[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

shiola

I was watching the episode then decided to look down and see how much was left and it was at the 46minute mark, this is the first episode where I was like whoa and got real into it. Then the ending of the episode was very interesting, overall though great stuff :)

The look Barristan gave to Dany. He knows what will happen and he has witnessed it before.

Ser Pounce.

And Natalie Dormer. Never forget her.

Also, Dany's dark side in the show is kind of a surprise. I liked Jon's scenes too, and Locke being there.

Oh, and, IMO, Littlefinger and Sansa scene was pretty well done. The music was awesome.

Direwolves! About time!

I've always loved the inseparable bond between the Stark kids and their direwolves (especially Jon and Ghost) so Ghost seemingly not giving a flying toss about Jon in season 2/3 and being portrayed as the NW guard dog always irritated me slightly. However, I'm really hoping we'll have more Jon/Ghost from now on. The wolves really do look great with the CGI and I enjoyed Ghost growling and getting all snarky with his captor.

Give me Ghost over Drogon any day!

Props/symbolism

The Targaryen flag was a great touch. Dany is a Conqueror- Aegon with teats! I really got that impression in this scene with her looking over Mereen and the screams in the background...it was dark but mesmerizing.

Mormonts Skull...and I thought Robb got the medal for most disrespected corpse...Karl must die! But yeah that was pretty dark stuff but again, it leaves an impact on you.

The arrow through the boar head- Very nice touch! Reminding the audience of the scene where we realise Margaery can manipulate Joffrey....and now Tommen.

Crasters keep jon/Bran/Locke storyline

I guess I'm not a book purist because I'm loving this alteration. It's making the NW/North plot much more interesting and fleshing out the characters.

Jon is more admirable and when a certain something happens it will be earned...and not mainly resulting from trickery. Kit is really nailing it with Jon this season!

Bran, Meera and Jojen are like the GoT version of the 'Golden Trio' from Harry Potter...their plot is more attention grabbing, making them more likable and noticeable as characters.

I don't know what's going to happen which is a pleasant surprise. Will Locke spot Bran and try to kill him? Will Jon and Bran interact? I actually hope they do despite the book knowledge in me saying 'No!' I've always wanted a Stark reunion, even just very briefly. Especially with all the 'almost but not to be' ones and I don't think I can take another...I think that would piss allot of people off actually.

White Walkers

This scene has given me much more faith in the involvement of the Others in the last two books. They aren't just one big anti-climax and I like how the show isn't letting them be forgotten.

Really loved this episode and so far Season 4 has been amazing!

That Marg/Olenna scene was perfectly constructed and shot.

The scene starts with full body shots of them walking. As we approach the main revelation the shot moves in closer and closer.... and closer until it is tightly cropped on their faces.

Finally see the Targ banner. I feel it has been sorely missed in the past, but it may been their way of signifying the Meereen Assylum is here... if that is their intent then OKish.

I liked the NW volunteer scene. Jon, Grenn, Ed, Locke and a couple of Red Shirts.

Also loved the Oathkeeper, Jaime/Bronn and Team Kingslayer Inc scenes.

That Marg/Olenna scene was perfectly constructed and shot.

The scene starts with full body shots of them walking. As we approach the main revelation the shot moves in closer and closer.... and closer until it is tightly cropped on their faces.

Man I wish I were better at noticing moments like that - thanks. I think the only "filming" moment I picked up on was the vast distance between Jaime and Cersei when they're set on opposite sides of the room.

Marg and Tommen. I find her teasing and suggestive advances towards this sexually naive teenager to be more amusing than playing tug-of-war with a nine-year-old's mother. That she's going to try and win him around by making him fall for her sounds a lot more interesting to me.

They didn't redeem that bullshit they pulled with Jaime last week, but at the very least he's back on the right track. Loved his scenes this time.

Lord Voldemort's brother at the end was pretty cool too.

Favorite episode of the season so far! So good, so so good!

Everything Grey Worm and Missandi, but especially Grey Worm. The Dragon flag on top of the Harpy and Barristan's look when Dany said that line.

King's Landing is never boring and it was great again. Highlights were Brienne and the subtle looks that GC gives her that convey so much. "Ser. ... My Lady" lol

QOT's training Margaery sort of a bookend to Tywin's taking Tommen under his wing.

Ser Pounce! Loving the new Tommen as well.

Finally, the story at the Wall is really developing and it is being done really well. I like the added tension to that story that is there by having Locke there following Jon around. I'm also glad they are giving Bran a story and the tension that creates, especially with Summer and Ghost locked up.

The BIG reveal of what happens to Craster's sons. That last scene was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to get home from work and re-watch this episode tonight.

Jaime and Brienne's scenes were perfect, especially the farewell. That cut from "I have one last gift" to Pod's big smile was brilliant.

Brienne naming the sword Oathkeeper looked like it was the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to Jaime.

"Goodbye Brienne" - far out NCW, you're breaking my heart too!

The scene with Margaery and Tommen was one of the most stressful things to watch, in a good way. Like oh god I kept expecting her to just jump on the poor boy. Speaking of Tommen, very good actor for him! And Ser Pounce, who wouldn't be happy about that?

his eyes were so damn big I was wondering if Natalie Dormer had flashed him in a bit of method acting.

Bronn introducing us to the Jaime Golden Slap was great. I'm ok with him not being as shit at fighting as in te book, as the whole impact of that was ruined by the way they treated his talent pre-dehanding anyway. Can't wait to see Red Ronnet and any Frey get the next JGS

Ser Pounce

Ghost and Summer

Littlefinger's line about confusing enemies and Sansa's calling him on his bullshit

More info about the White Walkers

Shoutout to Jeor Mormont twice in one episode

Barristan getting flashbacks of Aerys II

Everything Jaime was in, loved how he was seated casually in Tyrion's cell

Brienne trying not to get emotional, Pod calling her Ser.

The whole episode, really.

Most of the actors have really stepped up their game.... NCW. What a handsome man.. :P and both he and GC spoke with their eyes. It was amazing.

Kit was also great. Good to see he kept up the good work.

I liked the one-liners a lot. Lannister bros and Bronn are very entertaining.

Dany white-washing was decreased this episode. Many unsullied were probably impressed with that obnoxious line of hers, but if you think about it, there's nothing just about becoming the people who you're punishing, and murdering people indiscriminately, without trials or anything. Strategically it may have been a good action, as a demonstration of power, but it isn't just. Soo I'm starting to see the craze in there.

The Brienne/Jaime scenes were so beautifully acted, and the jump cut to Pod was hilarious. Kit's acting has really stepped up this season (maybe because he actually has material that he can work with), so that was a delight to see. Loved the Grey Worm/Missande scene (we better get eunuch cuddles!). And of course, Olenna bitching about taking walks through the gardens of KL. I'll miss her snark.

Gwendoline Christie did prove once again that, given good material (unlike in the PW episode), she was born to play this role. The subtleties in her facial expressions and speech idiosyncrasies are great to watch.

I thought GC did a great job in the PW scenes. The problem for me was those scenes themselves were just so out of place.

Archived