[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

shiola

Glad this topic exists.... there is a ton of hate within those other topics. I look at those others for the deeper insight and book connections I might have missed, but lately (this week in particular) it's just constant hate rants.

Loved the episode as a whole, but here are some things that stand out.

Grey Worm's confidence in motivating the slaves.

Grey Worm reaching out so subtly to touch Messandee

The Eyrie trial by combat call back

The dynamic and love between brothers

The Kingslayer Brothers

The Mockingbird and the Wolf

The Littlefinger scene closing with the Tyrell words

The Queen of Thorns farewell

Locke

Ser Pounce: the Cockblocker of the Red Keep

The entire Brienne/Jaime/Pod scene. The best scene of the entire episode. It was perfect.

More Locke

The Wolf POV.

When Summer gets distracted from looking for the baby when he hears his brother howl. He runs toward his brother only to get trapped. Stunning and heartbreaking.

One stepping out of a line of 13.

Loved everything above the Wall, even better than the books (so far).

I liked Jaime and Brienne's scenes...the chemistry was perfect and so much was said with just looks.

Glad this topic exists.... there is a ton of hate within those other topics. I look at those others for the deeper insight and book connections I might have missed, but lately (this week in particular) it's just constant hate rants.

This happens every season. It’s distressing, and it’s childish, and it all seems to feed on itself growing hotter and hotter. Just say no.

This happens every season. It’s distressing, and it’s childish, and it all seems to feed on itself growing hotter and hotter. Just say no.

It happens in every fandom, it seems. I just don't get it myself.

It happens in every fandom, it seems. I just don't get it myself.

Nearly every fandom, yeah. Its so ridiculous though. Some people enjoy peeing in other people's cheerios but come on, its getting old now. Some of the posts here about the show are just inane and horrible, spiteful nastiness. It makes me wonder why these people want to keep watching the show if they hate it so much. Still fun to laugh at their expense though.

There's a thread over at IMDb, not too dissimilar to the "Unsullied" thread in the General forum, where they are laughing their asses off at the absurdity of the hate and the ridiculousness of many of the complaints bandied about at this forum (specifically the nitpick thread). And all I could think about when I saw it was: 'The posters at IMDb, of all places, are laughing about these posts.'

Craziness. Besides, so much of the hate seems to be due to this kind of cognitive dissonance, where people just can't seem to separate the show from the book series, which leads to complaints being leveled against the show that simply don't make sense in the context of the show itself. It's understandable, I guess, but it's becoming pointless to even hang around this forum if you're looking to have good, interesting conversations about the show (in general, and even as an adaptation). Some of the complaints are just so stupid. My main reason for posting anymore is simply to read and speculate on what's going to happen with the show going forward.

Whatever...

On-topic: Loved the directing during the scene between Tommen and Margaery. The lighting gave it a very fire-and-ice visual palette.

Among a number of other things about the episode.

Hnngh! :devil: Kinda sad that Jon has had a shave too. I was really digging on that really scruffy beard he was rocking for a while there.

Have to agree with you. To paraphrase Lena Headley: 'men look good dirty'. And damn, does Jon look good with a bit of scruff.

One other thing I forgot to mention: I loved Brienne's armour. She looked classy as hell.

I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out the things in the episode that didn't work for you, personally - and there are legitimate complains (like "why so much rape?") But sometimes the nitpick thread turns into a quagmire of "this show's gone to the dogs, they changed X from the books and now it's RUINED FOREVER" and just....can't we enjoy the show for what it is? It's 100x better than most of the crap on the tellybox.

This was one surprisingly good episode, in my humble opinion. I think they did awesome job on many of the characters and most of the scenes were as perfectly made as season 1 scenes.

The highlights for me:

- Camera shows Daenerys on top of Meereen with the Targaryen banner flung onto the harpy with the screams of the masters as background. So ruthless, so cold, so cruel, so awesome.

- Jaime and Cersei scene

- Jaime and Brienne scene

- How they are building Sansa up

- How they are building Jon Snow up

- Brothers standing to join Jon Snow

I also liked:

- Tyrion and Jaime

- Bronn and Jaime

- Missandei and Greyworm

- the slave revolt discussion scene

- introducing what's going on at Craster's

• 5 months later...

Just watched the episode yesterday and loved:

- basically every scene with Jaime in it - Bronn & Jaime was very funny, Cersei & Jaime indicates a change in their relationship whereas Tyrion & Jaime resp. Brienne & Jaime were very touching scenes

- Marge with Tommen. She's just awesome :D

- Queen of Thornes. Hate to see her leave

- Targaryen banner *yay*

- White Walkers. Very powerful scene.

Archived