[Book Spoilers] Ser pounce appreciation thread

Aldi_AA

Dear Mr. Benioff and Mr. Wiess

It became to our attention that tonight's episode titled "Oathkeeper" has had a prominent appearance of one of the essential figures of ASOIAF book series. We are referring of course, to Ser Pounce, the legendary member of the Kittenguard, and one and only Pussy that was promised. Due to your rather known practice of minimizing the importance of such crucial characters, shown in season III when on horror of the book readers, another important figure Puddles was changed with his brother Shruds in a scene that changed entire show. Now, let me assure you that we will not tolerate any sort of minimization of the role Ser Pounce has to play. We are fine with you changing the details of the unimportant storylines like Jon's, Dany's, Tyrion's, for their role is so linear and uninspiring. But please, have in mind that Ser Pounce deserves a royal treatment and that you should behave accordingly. I know you may not read this, but let me point you that according to the latest polls 57,64% of your show's viewership are Ser Pounce's fans, and that they will demand the best for Ser Pounce. Thank you so much for reading our letter and addressing our concerns.

Yours faithfully,

Alliance of Pussy that was promised fans,

Society of Kittenguard's fandom

Tommen is one true King of Westeros dreamers

edit: font

Here, here!! Har, Har!!

Dear Mr. Benioff and Mr. Wiess

It became to our attention that tonight's episode titled "Oathkeeper" has had a prominent appearance of one of the essential figures of ASOIAF book series. We are referring of course, to Ser Pounce, the legendary member of the Kittenguard, and one and only Pussy that was promised. Due to your rather known practice of minimizing the importance of such crucial characters, shown in season III when on horror of the book readers, another important figure Puddles was changed with his brother Shruds in a scene that changed entire show. Now, let me assure you that we will not tolerate any sort of minimization of the role Ser Pounce has to play. We are fine with you changing the details of the unimportant storylines like Jon's, Dany's, Tyrion's, for their role is so linear and uninspiring. But please, have in mind that Ser Pounce deserves a royal treatment and that you should behave accordingly. I know you may not read this, but let me point you that according to the latest polls 57,64% of your show's viewership are Ser Pounce's fans, and that they will demand the best for Ser Pounce. Thank you so much for reading our letter and addressing our concerns.

Yours faithfully,

Alliance of Pussy that was promised fans,

Society of Kittenguard's fandom

Tommen is one true King of Westeros dreamers

edit: font

This post will go down in history as one of the great ASOIAF board posts. *round of applause*

Am I weird if I consider ser Pounce´s appearance the second best thing in this episode? :D (first being Jaime/Brienne, I just love them :rolleyes: )

Do you think ser Pounce will attend the coronation next episode? :commie:

You know your fanbase is crazy when everyone is fanatical about a cat.

Seriously though, I laughed when Tommen said "Ser Pounce?". Such a silly thing to like, really, but I appreciated it all the same (and just another reason of why I love Tommen!).

Props to B.Cogman - the man cops some (unfair) flack on Twitter by book fans, but damn it if he doesn't know how to write a great episode and include those special details for readers!

YES! They kept Ser Pounce. My crackpot theory lives on:

Ser Pounce sat on the Iron Throne licking himself. Nearby, Queen Whiskers and his hand, Boots, ordered the guards to dispose of Tommen's body. King Pounce, first of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms will rule over Westeros with an iron paw.

YES! They kept Ser Pounce. My crackpot theory lives on:

Ser Pounce sat on the Iron Throne licking himself. Nearby, Queen Whiskers and his hand, Boots, ordered the guards to dispose of Tommen's body. King Pounce, first of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms will rule over Westeros with an iron paw.

is Ser Pounce a secret Targarian? I think so.

Delighted with Ser Pounce's inclusion. That character was excellently cast, and his opening moment an entirely appropriate "pounce" onto the bed just as we were all anticipating Margery to "pounce" on the poor underaged Tommen. A true knight, to defend your king's honour!

A brilliant scene: the Joffrey evil, Tommen: adorable direction is a brilliant twist. Though I can't help feeling Bloodraven does not approve of Margary's behaviour!

Archived