[Book Spoilers] Ser pounce appreciation thread

Aldi_AA

Count me out of the Natalie Dormer fan club.

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2014/4/28/interview-with-bryan-cogman

Bryan Cogman: Then you go into the Tommen, Margaery and Ser Pounce scene. In the book he was a kitten but I arrive on set, and they’ve cast a sumo wrestler cat. This is probably the last time you’ll see Ser Pounce because filming with a cat is a nightmare. Natalie Dormer wanted to kill me. But the cat is in it because he serves a purpose: You immediately see that Tommen is not Joffrey. Tommen is a sweet boy with a cat named Ser Pounce, and who has found himself in incredible circumstances. He is going to be king and he is going to marry this woman. The innocence of Tommen is fun to play with because there isn’t a lot of innocence in this world.

Cats are notoriously hard to shoot scenes with, because they never seem to do what you want them to do, even if it is something simple as jumping on the bed and having somebody run their hands through their fur. There's a hilarious outtake for Criminal Minds where one of the characters was supposed to pick up her cat on the way out of her apartment, give him a quick kiss and then put him down again. Sounds easy, right? Well they needed dozens of takes because the cat just didn't want to stand still long enough to be picked up...

Cats are notoriously hard to shoot scenes with, because they never seem to do what you want them to do, even if it is something simple as jumping on the bed and having somebody run their hands through their fur. There's a hilarious outtake for Criminal Minds where one of the characters was supposed to pick up her cat on the way out of her apartment, give him a quick kiss and then put him down again. Sounds easy, right? Well they needed dozens of takes because the cat just didn't want to stand still long enough to be picked up...

Dogs: officially superior.

Cats are beautiful and graceful, but I love dogs...Nice to see Ser Pounce, though. Couldn't they have found any trained cat?

How many trained cats do you know? All the ones I've seen pretty much just do whatever the hell they want.

Fuck ser pounce, he's just a big pussy.

No, no, no, no! Ser Pounce is a badass pussy! GRRM should write a spin-off novella, a buddy novel if you will about the adventures and shenanigans of the Red Keep's two badass, face smashing pussies, Ser Pounce and Balerion.

No, no, no, no! Ser Pounce is a badass pussy! GRRM should write a spin-off novella, a buddy novel if you will about the adventures and shenanigans of the Red Keep's two badass, face smashing pussies, Ser Pounce and Balerion.

If Balerion could get past seeing Ser Pounce as another hors d'oeuvre.

Wait, Ser Pounce is not coming back? That's just wrong.

The sad part is, I would read that. My addiction for aSoIaF goes deep enough to trudge through any amount of unnecessary garbage in the hopes of uncovering a morsel of something important

If Balerion could get past seeing Ser Pounce as another hors d'oeuvre.

Wait, Ser Pounce is not coming back? That's just wrong.

Balerion is a Faceless Cat but Ser Pounce is a true knight.

Archived