(BEWARE SPOILERS) Book Lovers beware this episode was better than we expected

rocksniffer

It was a really good episode.

What I will always fail to understand is why certain people believe deviations from the novel lessen the quality of the show.

A. The books aren't perfect

B. They are separate entities

C. Some of this stuff is really, really cool

ALL. OF. THISSS. Especially "C". Really fucking cool stuff going on.

Really? I get more frustrated each episode. Everything is wrong. Some things get us to the same point & have to be changed to film & I get that but...Gilly in Mole's Town? The Wildlings are insane. Jon knows Bran is alive & is going to Crasters? Bran is at Crasters? The whole thing is a mess.

Pray tell, how do you know, before the arc is even done, that everything is a mess? What insight do you have to D&D's plans that we don't have? They might not go in the direction of the book with future plotlines, shocking as that may seem. They have their own agenda.

I'm just afraid they are going to change the whole story line. Are the show & the books going to end up in the same place? If not it will be very disappointing for me. I'm glad you all enjoyed the episode but for me its just moving too far away from the books.

Nothing to be afraid of since they are two separate story lines and you can enjoy them both.

Wow! Goddamn that was good!

I'm all for the books first, and they are far better than the show, but sometimes the changes just work. I loved the peak at the end of the Others. Is it spoiling us? Maybe, but we've had 5 books to give us something and because of the POV format, we can't see it. I don't know, it just felt right to me.

I'm not sold yet on Jon knowing that Bran is still alive (and by default, Rickon too). To be honest, in the books it feels like it's stretching the limits of believability that Sam never told Jon, and this felt like something I was craving to see happen. I just don't know if it SHOULD be happening because the implications for the books could be so different.

We saw Ser Pounce! I think the older Tommen is going to work just fine. also, great bit with Pod, Brienne, Jaime and Bronn. I especially enjoyed the moments with just Jaime and Brienne.

All in all, what a great episode!

Wow! Goddamn that was good!

I'm all for the books first, and they are far better than the show, but sometimes the changes just work. I loved the peak at the end of the Others. Is it spoiling us? Maybe, but we've had 5 books to give us something and because of the POV format, we can't see it. I don't know, it just felt right to me.

I'm not sold yet on Jon knowing that Bran is still alive (and by default, Rickon too). To be honest, in the books it feels like it's stretching the limits of believability that Sam never told Jon, and this felt like something I was craving to see happen. I just don't know if it SHOULD be happening because the implications for the books could be so different.

We saw Ser Pounce! I think the older Tommen is going to work just fine. also, great bit with Pod, Brienne, Jaime and Bronn. I especially enjoyed the moments with just Jaime and Brienne.

All in all, what a great episode!

I'm definitely a "book purist" I guess you would say, and not just in regards to this series but every other adaptation of a book into a movie/tv series I've seen. That being said, I've had some serious... questions, I'll say... about how the tv series has changed things from the book. I am definitely NOT a fan of Sam telling Jon about Bran, that just seems to me like it wouldn't have been hard at all NOT to say, and the implications of it in the future could be profound. The thing with Bran and Co. getting captured at Craster's isn't the worst imo... they have to keep viewers interested and besides Coldhands, Bran's journey until he gets to his destination isn't all that gripping. So I'm okay with it. Do I think it's a little cheesy? Sure, but I can live with it. The ending scene though... I'm going to be ROYALLY pissed if that's something we were going to encounter in TWOW... like beyond words. Anyone else can think what they want, but to me to books are paramount and shouldn't be messed with, and if stuff like that is gonna keep happening, I'm not gonna be able to watch it anymore until I've read the books JMHO.

I do like when the show fills in what a POV can't give us, as long as it's plausible. Not unnecessary twincest rape, nor an unnecessary trip to Mole's Town to show (What? How filthy it really is? I'm still trying to puzzle that one out.)

I am also not sold on Jon knowing but it will make for more fight scenes.

First Balerion, now Ser Pounce!

I feel bad for whoever has to wash His Grace's sheet in the morning. Pubescent Tommen works better IMHO.

Finally, Bran and company are featured, my favorites [along with Arya].

Jojen’s epileptic seizure further evidences my theory that Jojen parallels the Christ-figure Simon inspired by William Golding’s LotF – but I write about the Martin + Golding connection in detail in the homage thread, so I will not elaborate.

Ghost SUDDENLY appears, locked up. This is disappointing. [i had thought Ghost was so much smarter than getting himself locked up, and I would like to know who and what army imprisoned Ghost?! He’s a direwolf! ] BTW, how difficult would it be for Jon to at least once “wonder” about Ghost?!

This whole Craster agenda is horrific and so far off the novel. However, I can see that “the producers” are building toward “something”! The viewers need to DESPISE these men of the NW not just for their murders, their violations of the laws of hospitality, and their rape of Craster’s wives and daughters, and of their winter stores, but also now for hurting Bran the greenseer and his friends, all children – or child-like, totally defenseless – one a cripple, one a half-wit, one a maiden, and one at death’s door – these NW traitors and kinslayers will PAY! Bran will remember – and it is “this” I think the books and the series are preparing us for, and not just regarding Bran – Arya has a long memory as well.

I wish that the show was truer to the books. Contrived scenes bother me, and I am displeased when material is added to evocate emotional responses from the viewers. If shock and surprise are the responses the producers desired, they successfully manipulated me with the capture of Bran and his friends, the violent and abusive behavior of the traitors, and the injuries Bran, Meera, and Hodor suffer.

What was COOL to me were the WW. The way “he” held the baby so lovingly – cradling the bundle in his arms – and even the magic used to alter the eyes and probably the physical characteristics of the baby was not hurtful.

This episode shows who it is with the hearts of darkness, and the WW look rather tame when compared to men/women.

Archived