[Book Spoilers] The Other Revelation

Florina Laufeyson

I wonder. Can they only turn babies?

Also, the Night's King, eh? Well he did seem considerable more "beautiful" than the standard WW. Perhaps thousands of years residing in those lands causes the skin to become totally white instead of just crystaline. And if the Night's King can create White Walkers, we know that at least others can since the WWs existed before. Damn, we thought this would answer our prayers and instead it only causes more questions :P

Still, I'm very happy they brought it up in the show this early. We, books people, only knew them as very mysterious and rare sights. Although I've defended that they may be just misunderstood, right now I'm not entirely sure about that. I mean the show itself portrayed them as pretty violent and the whole wights thing seems kinda evil whereas the show doesn't portray the Fire Priests that bad.

Very much inclined to stop watching the show. In fact, I was seriously thinking about it after this season if The Winds of Winter won't be released by season 5. But this was just one scene, so hopefully no more of that this season.

And since I am filling a bit spiteful, I will say That Coldhands is a douche-bag, ain't he? :devil:

I don't remember many of the specifics from the book on the topic, but... was the number 13 significant in any of the Others stuff? There were 13 "people" in total, counting Darth Other (and not counting the guy who brought the kid).

The Last Hero set out on his adventure with a dozen companions before...well we don't know. So that would be 13 as well.

And the Night's King was the 13th LC.

But if it's a spoiler from an unreleased book... That is pretty awful. I've spent years trying to guide non-book reading friends away from spoilers that will cheapen the reveal of the tv show. If the writers cheapen any reveal of the books by putting it in the show ahead of schedule, that is a slap in the face.

Second time. We already ve been spoiled with Jayne not being pregnant.

I wonder. Can they only turn babies?

We've known that they can turn adults since the prologue. When Ser Waymar is changed into a wight and strangles young Will. Also we see that some of the mutineers are turned. The two who attack Mormont. And even in the Varamyr prologue chapter.

Turning a child, if it is truly book canon, means that the wights aren't just mindless zombies sometimes. Perhaps they can even age. We know the Others can turn humans and animals. And possibly even control the weather. Some theorize that they built The Wall to keep the men away. So them being able to 'convert' a baby into an adult Other is not out of question (especially after tonight's episode).

Second time. We already ve been spoiled with Jayne not being pregnant.

We've been spoiled more times than that. I made a list of sorts in another thread. It's just minor stuff, though

I need Goku to arrive and kick Ice Piccolo's ass. Seriously, somebody said the whole thing was an "inverse Loki" in the discussion thread. Spot on

So, thirteen ice rings for the White Walkers under the aurora borealis, huh? Could be the Last Hero's companions, as someone said upthread

Now, the important part: apparently Ice Darth Maul was the Night's King, so in theory the Great Other (or whatever his show homologue is) is still available, or do you think they're going to merge them?

We've known that they can turn adults since the prologue. When Ser Waymar is changed into a wight and strangles young Will. Also we see that some of the mutineers are turned. The two who attack Mormont. And even in the Varamyr prologue chapter.

Turning a child, if it is truly book canon, means that the wights aren't just mindless zombies sometimes. Perhaps they can even age. We know the Others can turn humans and animals. And possibly even control the weather. Some theorize that they built The Wall to keep the men away. So them being able to 'convert' a baby into an adult Other is not out of question (especially after tonight's episode).

You've misunderstood me. I meant if they could turn a grown man into a White Walker. There'd be no point in making the boy go all way up north only to turn him into a Wight. It seems apparent that even the most standard WW can do that.

Anyway, if he really is the Night's King, then I guess I have the answer but seems strange. Probably takes a lot more to turn a grown man into a WW than a simple baby with a touch.

From the wiki

''While on his way north, Bran Stark recalls stories told to the Stark children of the Night's King and the Nightfort by Old Nan, servant in Winterfell. She said some people believe the Night's King was a Bolton, a Magnar out of Skagos, an Umber, a Flint, a Norrey, or a Woodfoot, who ruled Bear Island before the ironmen came. However, she identifies the Night's King as a Stark of Winterfell and brother to the King of the North and hints his name too was Bran.''

So, 13 Lord Commanders. 13 ''people'' in that scene. Jon is the LC, and also brother to the King in the North.

my mind is about to colapse. I guess after ''Mercy'' adjustment, and now this, either TWOW is arriving anytime after this season, or GRRM is giving too much away

Archived