[Book Spoilers] Daenerys evil moment rushed. Runners look uncomfortable with it.

In a show that usually likes gore an unnecesary violence, Daenerys top evil moment feel rushed to me. It seams it was something D&D didnt like to do, but ought to. Unlist to me. What was a huge moment in a book, felt like filler in this episode between Kings Landing and Bran/Jon plot line.

Sadly, Im almost sure the white washing is never going to stop.

Just compare it with how Stannis or Jaime bad moments are happily taken by D&D to be darker, enlarged, and deeper. Or even how they are given new stuff.

I dont like it at all.

I'm not gonna argue whether or not Dany's decision was evil. But I will respnd to the OP and say it did not feel rushed to me. It felt like it went quickly, and that surprised me, but I think it got its point across. Her standing up on the walls watching the slavers scream and die? Reminded me of the visual of Roose Bolton after the Red Wedding last season.

Plus, they'll probably reference it more next week. Looks like she, Jorah, Barristan, and Daario are gonna have a council meeting of sorts.

To be honest, the crucifying of the 163 masters wasn't near as bad to me as her killing every male over the age of 12 wearing a tokar in Astapor. That omission in particular, and the relatively bloodless manner in which these revolutions occur, (with the exception of the slave owners getting murked) is what makes this whole arc unrealistic and cheapened. Her having the wine seller's daughter tortured out of anger also bothered me, but I have a feeling that'll be cut too. I definitely don't see any end to her whitewashing in sight, but to be honest, this decision in particular was never something that really bothered me all that much in her arc.

Theres no "they". How can she know if some opposed, if some said no? Picking 163 random slavers is an unfair move.

Besides if you do the same, you became the same shit you fight againstn

She's sending a message.

What, you wanted her to have an investigation and a trial to find out who was involved? Doesn't matter. They were slave masters and she crucified them in the same way they did to slaves.

Spartacus did the same thing. He got a random roman soldier and crucified him in front of the roman legions. Crucifixion was punishment for slaves only.

To be honest, the crucifying of the 163 masters was near as bad to me as her killing every male over the age of 12 wearing a tokar in Astapor. That omission in particular, and the relatively bloodless manner in which these revolutions occur, (with the exception of the slave owners getting murked) is what makes this whole arc unrealistic and cheapened. Her having the wine seller's daughter tortured out of anger also bothered me, but I have a feeling that'll be cut too. I definitely don't see any end to her whitewashing in sight, but to be honest, this decision in particular was never something that really bothered me all that much in her arc.

I hate gore. But in a show that makes gore a religion, this scene was done as soft as it could. The bias is clear.

they made the "sack" of mareen seem like one guy died during it. where was all the rape, plunder and pillaging that dany ended up blanket pardoning? the white wash machine was in full affect today...

I was coming to say this, the crucifixions were ok, but the sack looked as if nothing bif happened, I know they can't show it for budgetary reasons, but I hope they clarify this next episode (which according to the description, may be the case)

I hate gore. But in a show that makes gore a religion, this scene was done as soft as it could. The bias is clear.

I definitely agree that they're biased in her favor. I know a lot of people think our criticisms of Stannis' portrayal are unfounded, but seriously, they've definitely made a conscious decision to make her triumphs bigger and failures minimized. Whereas Stannis' moral failures are also simplified, but in such a way that makes him darker and cheap. I think that it's not unsubstantial that Barristan, who does seem to serve as a partial moral compass for her, raises objections to these executions though. Could be foreshadowing for her taking a darker turn in the coming episodes I hope.

Archived