(Book Spoilers ) - Queen of Thorns

StarkBlack21

If you're right then that's OVER-doing it. That connection had been made when Olenna said "oh but I do". The chain tug struck me as meaning something else. I was thinking the key to Tommen's chambers or something.

I don't see how fiddling with a necklace is over-doing it, but okay.

I, too, hope this isn't the last we see of Olenna. The show was very successful with regard to her scenes.

Maybe we could get her in Highgarden to learn the news of the Iron-born attack, or something. I can't imagine they wouldn't want to use her again.

That being said, I'm happy to see a pivot to Marg vs. Cersei more directly, rather than Marg and QoT being snarky all day 'er day.

It seems strange that Margaery wasn't in on it, or at least knew about it. I mean, what would've prevented her from accidentally drinking from Joffrey's cup during the wedding? Maybe Olenne slipped her some antidotes before...

I think Olenna needed Marg's reaction to look natural. Book!Marg definitely knew about what was going down, but because Show!Marg had a separate cup, keeping her in the dark was to her benefit. When Olenna did the poisoning, there was already attention on Joffrey's cup (Tyrion being his wine-bearer), so she probably assumed Marg wouldn't suddenly drink out of it.

In the trailer, wasn't Grandma Tyrell seen in the scene where Tyrion is led into the throne room for his trial? Or maybe that was just another old fart with the same hat.

If she does leave King's Landing for now, I really hope she'll be back next season. Tywin's wake or the marriage of Tommen and Margaery seems like the best fit for her return.

No one would place that connection unless they already know that's exactly how Olenna did it.

What? You mean LF asking if Sansa noticed a stone missing from her necklace?

Que LF talking about new friends and saying the Tyrell words "Growing Strong", over Olenna and Margaery walking through the gardens.

Olenna outright confirms Tyrion wasn't involved in Joff's murder, then says she wouldn't let Marg marry "that beast".

Plays with Marg's necklace.

Boom, connection made.

As if there was a key on her chain that led into Tommen's bed chamber.

It was just a hamfisted reference for show viewers. I discuss this show with people every Monday morning who have not read the books. It's staggering the amount of things they miss that seem plain as day. They need to be smacked right in the face with things most of the time.

Why would Olenna have a chain created just to hold a key...you're looking way too deeply into that one. It's not like any of the kings guard are proficient at protecting kings there. Marg probably walked right in.

Archived