(Book Spoilers ) - Queen of Thorns

StarkBlack21

And then Jon marries Margaery and they take a blue rose as their sigil. Ehh? Ehh?

Maybe, who know. :D

The other idea I am also entertaining is that Aurane Waters is team Dorne. In which case Loras might actually be a hostage right now specifically to prevent him from defending Margery and to use in Aegon's imminent power grab.

I liked the idea of the Tyrell's learning about the threat at the Wall, but I suspect that Margaery would have wanted Loras to be her champion. Loras pretending to be near-death puts his sister at risk, which does nothing to strengthen them.

This! I missed seeing Garlan in KL, so I wonder if Olenna will be the one rallying the troops and kicking some Ironborn ass. :)

I think the Tyrells might have a false sense of security about the trials because they don't know the Faith has an agenda and the evidence against Margery is weak. So they would not request trial by combat at all, feeling conviction is impossible.

I think the Tyrells might have a false sense of security about the trials because they don't know the Faith has an agenda and the evidence against Margery is weak. So they would not request trial by combat at all, feeling conviction is impossible.

I thought the only reason they didn't choose trial by combat was Loras' injuries? Of course, all of that is from Cersei's POV, but I'm rereading the books (again), so I'll pay closer attention to that this time.

I thought the only reason they didn't choose trial by combat was Loras' injuries? Of course, all of that is from Cersei's POV, but I'm rereading the books (again), so I'll pay closer attention to that this time.

You actually bring up a good point here that small changes to the plot in the show is now leaving some odd plot holes from the books. In the books Loras is gravely injured, otherwise he would have definitely been the one to fight trial by combat because he's a very good fighter. But in the show he's perfectly healthy and there at KL to see the whole thing -- how will they change the story around to address his part in this with the Tyrells?

You actually bring up a good point here that small changes to the plot in the show is now leaving some odd plot holes from the books. In the books Loras is gravely injured, otherwise he would have definitely been the one to fight trial by combat because he's a very good fighter. But in the show he's perfectly healthy and there at KL to see the whole thing -- how will they change the story around to address his part in this with the Tyrells?

The show is nowhere near this point in the story yet.

The show is nowhere near this point in the story yet.

I never said it was. I was looking forward and speculating on how they'll change the story further since Loras is not injured. It's only a slight change that probably won't have any serious consequences. They'll focus on Oberyn wanting his revenge.

I never said it was. I was looking forward and speculating on how they'll change the story further since Loras is not injured. It's only a slight change that probably won't have any serious consequences. They'll focus on Oberyn wanting his revenge.

Oberyn dies way before Loras gets injured though. Oberyn dies in SoS, and we hear about Loras' current predicament in aDwD. I'm sorry but the phrasing of your statements/questions are confusing me

Oberyn dies way before Loras gets injured though. Oberyn dies in SoS, and we hear about Loras' current predicament in aDwD. I'm sorry but the phrasing of your statements/questions are confusing me

Exactly. We don't know if the show will claim Loras is injured, late next season or not.

The ideas here are different: ie. that in the BOOKS Loras is not actually seriously injured. We only have the word of Aurane Waters after all, the same man who a few short weeks later stole the royal fleet. So why believe his account of what happened on Dragonstone?

Loras doesn't get injured until the siege of Dragonstone after Stannis leaves, after Tywin dies, after Tyrion escapes. There's no reason at all to think that won't happen in the show.

Ok I'm definitely way out of sequence in that book then ... time for a re-read because this wasn't the first time I'd forgotten events and timeframes. For some reason I remember the first three books far better than the last two even though theyre newer. Things just started getting weird and disjointed after one book was split into two. :(

Ok I'm definitely way out of sequence in that book then ... time for a re-read because this wasn't the first time I'd forgotten events and timeframes. For some reason I remember the first three books far better than the last two even though theyre newer. Things just started getting weird and disjointed after one book was split into two. :(

Yeah. I wish there was an option to buy a chronological ebook.

I don't like they are getting rid of the QOT already. Margery doesn't have her cousins, at least no speaking ones. I never understood why GRMM had the QOT disappear in the book either. Do you think they will have the QOT return in the show?

Since 'spoilers' is on this thread.

I kind of wonder what they do with Olenna's arrangement of Tommen and Margaery's marriage. I would think that after three marriages on-screen they would take that one off screen.

Olenna is sure is there in Crows which kind of rounds out her arc at KL. She goes back to Highgarden then. That could still all take place this season. Weither she appears on Winds or Spring only GRRM knows.

I miss Jaqen more , even with the very brief appearance in Crows.

I just thought Tom Wlaschiha was perfect, hope he turns up next season.

Archived