[Book Spoilers] Jaime and Brienne Scenes

Le Cygne

That's true, I had to pretend he was book Jaime.

So we didn't get this: "Blue is a good color on you, my lady. It goes well with your eyes." Would have been nice, but it's not the first time this has happened, they cut most of their best lines.

And she named Oathkeeper, going back and forth on this one. He's put a lot into making this happen, so it obviously means a lot to him. And it's nice that he asks her, it's more of a gift that way. I sort of like the change.

And their reunion may become unpleasant, so I'm glad there's some tenderness here to hold us over.

I liked how in "the Bear and the Maiden Fair" Jaime couldn't bring himself to say "goodbye Brienne" and this time she can't say "goodbye" to him. There were lines that I had thought would be indispensable to the scene, but when I saw it without, it didn't seem to need them. They acted them, I guess.

I think there will be an extended cut of it on the DVD though (I hope) because there were shots in promotional material that were clearly meant for this scene, that didn't appear in the episode.

i think that his feelings for her were something of a shock to his system....he has repeatedly said he had never had any woman but cersei, so discovering a woman loves him, even though in his mind he is an honorless cripple is difficult to accept. remember he has just had a woman that has professed to love him for his entire life reject him because he was maimed and has not been at her beck and call as she selfishly put it you came too late.

I liked how she named Oathkeeper because of his reaction shot. Like, he'd love love love for it to be named that but he can't say it out of thinking she'd snort and be "wtf, u rly?" He's got his pride. Getting Pod out of the city and giving him to Brienne as a squire was awesome too--showed his love for Tyrion and Brienne, as Pod did prove his skill at Blackwater

I liked how in "the Bear and the Maiden Fair" Jaime couldn't bring himself to say "goodbye Brienne" and this time she can't say "goodbye" to him. There were lines that I had thought would be indispensable to the scene, but when I saw it without, it didn't seem to need them. They acted them, I guess.

That's a good point, I liked that they called back to that.

I also liked when he started walking after her, and she looked back.

They are both wonderful in the roles, I can't say enough good things.

i think that his feelings for her were something of a shock to his system....he has repeatedly said he had never had any woman but cersei, so discovering a woman loves him, even though in his mind he is an honorless cripple is difficult to accept.

Yeah, I think her feelings for him were throwing her for a loop, too.

They both looked like they were saying goodbye to the one person they didn't want to say goodbye to.

I liked how she named Oathkeeper because of his reaction shot. Like, he'd love love love for it to be named that but he can't say it out of thinking she'd snort and be "wtf, u rly?" He's got his pride. Getting Pod out of the city and giving him to Brienne as a squire was awesome too--showed his love for Tyrion and Brienne, as Pod did prove his skill at Blackwater

Yeah, that was another good reason for her to name it. I'm sold. And how cute was Pod, he was so happy to be her squire, I just love that about him. Didn't matter that she was a woman at all. And he did the Ser... My lady... perfectly. And that look she gave Jaime.

That's a good point, I liked that they called back to that.

I also liked when he started walking after her, and she looked back.

They are both wonderful in the roles, I can't say enough good things.

Yeah, I think her feelings for him were throwing her for a loop, too.

They both looked like they were saying goodbye to the one person they didn't want to say goodbye to.

yes both actors have embraced their roles and both have lived up to my imagination of them from GRRMs descriptions in the text.

Yeah, that was another good reason for her to name it. I'm sold. And how cute was Pod, he was so happy to be her squire, I just love that about him. Didn't matter that she was a woman at all. And he did the Ser... My lady... perfectly. And that look she gave Jaime.

Pod's goofy little grin killed me! I luff him! And Jaiming walking after them.

Thought both scenes were done well. Loved that transitioning shot to Pod's big smile.

I liked hearing Brienne read from Jaime's pages, and I especially liked her naming the sword. I think the key to both these scenes were what's implied, and not what was said. So much admiration and suppressed emotion between the two. Their farewell was really touching.

Oh, I forgot, the measurements line was pretty awesome, a little subtley there. He was checking her out a wee bit, no? I always thought in the books, he told them to make her the dress in blue. Here he told them to make the armor in blue. That's even better.

These two are just totally channeling the book characters, they could say gibberish and it would still come out as Jaime and Brienne.

Oh, I forgot, the measurements line was pretty awesome, a little subtley there. He was checking her out a wee bit, no? I always thought in the books, he told them to make her the dress in blue. Here he told them to make the armor in blue. That's even better.

These two are just totally channeling the book characters, they could say gibberish and it would still come out as Jaime and Brienne.

it's an elegant way to say "I've see you naked and I haven't forgotten". :P

Archived