[Book Spoilers] Jaime and Brienne Scenes

Le Cygne

He is still sarcastic. It is just that there are times where it is not the time for it.

Gosh, no matter how things play out, people are not satisffied. If he is not sarcastic, why isn't he sarcastic. If he is, why is he so sarcastic,:he is not sensitive. If he is sensitive, he is too sensitive. If he does something, change of character. If he doesn't do something, he is a pussy. etc.

It is really getting tiring.

"Not the time for it"... except it literally was the time for it, in canon. Jaime is not a good guy or a bad guy, he's very ambiguous. But the show goes to both extremes, so yes, viewers are going to complain about both. Frankly, the show lacks subtlety when portraying Jaime. They exaggerate his evils by making him kill his cousin in cold blood, and then exaggerate his goodness by making him seem adorably sweet in other scenes, like this last one. That's just not Jaime. It's not nit-picky to expect them to a better job at translating him to the screen; the dialogue is all there, and Nikolaj is talented enough to portray underlaying emotions.

This last episode's portrayal of Jaime had all the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

I think you all forget how sarcastic he was in episode 1.

What do you want then? Supper would.be nice.

A 40 something without a hand? I fight with the left hand now, your Grace. It makes more of a challange.

He is still sarcastic. It is just that there are times where it is not the time for it.

Gosh, no matter how things play out, people are not satisffied. If he is not sarcastic, why isn't he sarcastic. If he is, why is he so sarcastic,:he is not sensitive. If he is sensitive, he is too sensitive. If he does something, change of character. If he doesn't do something, he is a pussy. etc.

It is really getting tiring.

Those lines were pretty pathetic, if you ask me, considering that he still was made fun of by Joffrey and got told off by Tywin. Why current Jaime portrayal bothers me is because now Jaime acts nothing like in the books. That's just not Jaime. Sure, his portrayal in the show makes sense, I guess, but it still makes book Jaime and show Jaime as different as two versions of Shae or Littlefinger are. It's just a pity that due to completely exaggerated efforts to make him likable in the show, a lot of his great lines and scenes got cut.

"Not the time for it"... except it literally was the time for it, in canon. Jaime is not a good guy or a bad guy, he's very ambiguous. But the show goes to both extremes, so yes, viewers are going to complain about both. Frankly, the show lacks subtlety when portraying Jaime. They exaggerate his evils by making him kill his cousin in cold blood, and then exaggerate his goodness by making him seem adorably sweet in other scenes, like this last one. That's just not Jaime. It's not nit-picky to expect them to a better job at translating him to the screen; the dialogue is all there, and Nikolaj is talented enough to portray underlaying emotions.

This last episode's portrayal of Jaime had all the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

This.

I think they did lay it on a little thick but with good reason. The audience won't be seeing those two together for a long time, and when they do see each other again one of the two will have changed, due to what she will have gone through, quite significantly. They wanted the scene to show unambiguously the relationship those two have so that next year's events will have the looked for impact.

Actually, the very fact that the scene was so dramatically heavy - sincere remarks, yearning looks and near tears - tells me that one of them will defo die as a result of the LS (or if she's cut, a show manufactured equivalent) encounter, and likely at the other's hand, or for the other's sake. :bawl: I really hope I'm wrong about this, and it turns out to be nothing more than the show writers eschewing subtlety.

I think they did lay it on a little thick but with good reason. The audience won't be seeing those two together for a long time, and when they do see each other again one of the two will have changed, due to what she will have gone through, quite significantly. They wanted the scene to show unambiguously the relationship those two have so that next year's events will have the looked for impact.

Actually, the very fact that the scene was so dramatically heavy - sincere remarks, yearning looks and near tears - tells me that one of them will defo die as a result of the LS (or if she's cut, a show manufactured equivalent) encounter, and likely at the other's hand, or for the other's sake. :bawl: I really hope I'm wrong about this, and it turns out to be nothing more than the show writers eschewing subtlety.

Yeah, subtlety is not their thing, unfortunately. But I think some tend to not get it when they are too subtle, so sometimes they sledgehammer it. I give them a pass this time.

I hope you're wrong, too. I never have any hope for any happiness in any of these stories, though. I just wanted to see the stories to date, to see the journey is all I ask.

It was my favorite scene this season so far. So well written and directed, and above well so perfectly acted. The subtleties of their facial expressions really say most of what needs to be said (even if they are quite evident). Also, Brienne looked amazing on that armor, with her big blue eyes. And, lastly: Pod.

By the way, and sorry if this seems like spam, but all his scenes this episode were amazing.

Jaime + Bronn/Tyrion/Cersei/Brienne, I think every single one of them was in my personal top 10 Jaime scenes of the show's entire run so far.

I think she will force them to fight each other and they will end up killing her, which would be oath breaking. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I think she will force them to fight each other and they will end up killing her, which would be oath breaking. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I hope/think you're right. Either that, or they have a sort of bargaining/truce (Red Wedding 2.0 maybe ?). Simply dying at the hands of LS would be a little anti-climatic imo, considering how it's been set up.

Loved the Brienne and Jaime scenes so so much. GC & NCW have such great chemistry, all their scenes together are just perfect.

They will be apart for so long... both onscreen and in the books. And even when they meet agian, we still don't know what will happen to them yet. I wish TWOW would be released soon, I'm so anxious to find out what happens to these two.

She's stuck between a rock and hard place. On one hand you have Pod and Hyle Hunt, who, if you don't bring Jaime, may very well die, and on the other, you're bringing a guy to his death for a crime he did not commit. Either way you're screwed.

She's stuck between a rock and hard place. On one hand you have Pod and Hyle Hunt, who, if you don't bring Jaime, may very well die, and on the other, you're bringing a guy to his death for a crime he did not commit. Either way you're screwed.

Without Thoros they could kill unCat. Probably a mercy and a positive step for the BwB

Love, love, love it. Its not only that they are brilliant characters to begin with, not only do they portray their characters magnificently but they have this chemistry that rocks every scene they are in together. :wub:

I wish the "joffrey was no more to me than a squirt of seed in cersei's cunt" was included. Seriously, the show!Jaime gives me the impression that he actually gave a f*ck about joffrey, which wasn't the case seeing that book!Jaime thought Joffrey deserved to die.

I wish the "joffrey was no more to me than a squirt of seed in cersei's cunt" was included. Seriously, the show!Jaime gives me the impression that he actually gave a f*ck about joffrey, which wasn't the case seeing that book!Jaime thought Joffrey deserved to die.

When has Jaime given you the impression that he cared for Joff?

It was a little cheesy in the end but I guess they wanted to get the point across that Brienne means a lot to Jaime now. Although I think that shows by him giving her Oathkeeper and telling her to find the Stark girls.

Archived