[BOOK SPOILERS] Tyrion's Revelation

TimeThief

Now, I'm doing this completely based off memory, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I do remember from A Storm of Swords that Tyrion realized that Joffrey was the one who attempted to kill Bran way back when he was still in Winterfell and in a coma by using his dagger. I believe he realized this sometime around the rehearsal dinner part of the wedding, when Joffrey is receiving his gifts (including Tyrion's book).

I'm curious as to why D&D didn't want to add that into this season seeing as it was a mystery that was never solved in the first season (again, if I remember correctly) because of all the confusion that happened after Robert's death. I know it would've been a difficult thing to randomly bring back up again, but I wanted to hear what other people thought about it.

• 6 months later...

I would have also liked it if that this "mystery" had been solved and uncovered. But I think they dropped it because of lack of time. You know the episodes are not that long - roughly about an hour - and I think they wanted to focus on the main event. The marriage and Joffrey's ultimate demise.

Of course, the book readers (I also read the books) want more details. More things from the books. But I guess there need to be compromises and cuts.

Not everyone in this forum, including me, believed that theory.

I believe that we'll not have further details in the books though..I fear this side part of the story will not be taken into further details.

But if GRRM will write,more on it I think the Joff theory will be discarded.

If so, it makes sense that even in the show wasn't mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

That's the first time I read about this theory - can't remember Tyrion connecting Joffrey to the murder attempt on Bran but it's been years since I read Storm. I'm currently re-reading but haven't even finished AGoT yet so I'm really curious to know if there really is a sentence like "Oh, now I know - Joffrey tried to murder Bran. Bastard!" in Storm. And if there is - what possible reason would Joffrey have to kill Bran? The only two people who might want Bran dead are Cersei and Jaime because Bran has seen them. Also, I seem to remember that on the Show, one of them - either Cersei or Jaime, can't remember which - asked the other one if they had become completely stupid by stealing and using that dagger to kill the boy.

The show left it out. Both Tyrion and Jaime suspected Joff tried to have Bran killed to impress King Robert. Robert drunkenly said that Bran was better off dead so the poor assassination attempt using one of Robert's knives.

Even in the book its very murky as both are just guessing and it is such a huge risk to Littlefinger to lie about the knife. The show made the right decision to just forget about it and move on.

The show left it out. Both Tyrion and Jaime suspected Joff tried to have Bran killed to impress King Robert. Robert drunkenly said that Bran was better off dead so the poor assassination attempt using one of Robert's knives.

Even in the book its very murky as both are just guessing and it is such a huge risk to Littlefinger to lie about the knife. The show made the right decision to just forget about it and move on.

Littlefinger is taking huge risks all the time in order to create chaos. It's his MO.

Archived