[Book spoilers] About Jon and Locke

unrecorded

I think it's entirely possible that if Locke's real motivations aren't discovered at Craster's (they don't find Bran and crew) then he could go back to become the antagonist in Jon's stabbing. I can't really see a motivation for Locke though other than wanting to prevent another Stark taking reign.

No, Bowen Marsh kills Jon for totally different reasons then Locke would, it would change so many things about the story at the wall.

Besides that point it looks fairly likely that Locke is going to die in whatever happens at Crasters since he's sent by Bolton to "find those two boys" and we know Brans there and stuff. Locke has no reason to stay around for the time it would take to get to Jons assassination. I thought it was made pretty clear in the show, I don't understand where people made this Marsh- Locke connection at all.

I can see Locke running off with Bran during the confusion of the attack, only to be run down by Coldhands on his elk. That way Bran and Jon would never meet despite being so close, and it would be a more dramatic entrance for Coldhands who could then have some sort of interaction with the Night's King & Friends.

I think the sound of shrieking crows at Craster's keep was foreboding of Coldhand's entrance there. Think he comes to get Bran from there.

that's what I thought, yes.

I can see Locke running off with Bran during the confusion of the attack, only to be run down by Coldhands on his elk. That way Bran and Jon would never meet despite being so close, and it would be a more dramatic entrance for Coldhands who could then have some sort of interaction with the Night's King & Friends.

I like this as an introduction for CH

This is my fear and it would be really lame. It could have worked if Locke was genuinely sent to the NW and he actually got into it, but as he's a double agent it sort of takes away from the assassination to kill Jon because he's evil, rather than because he thinks he's helping the greater good.

I'm wondering if they might become slightly fire-forged friends--emphasis on the slightly, mostly because of the Wildling attack (and Locke standing in the background during the "tonight we fight!" trailer clip). Locke can be all "d'awww he's like a fluffy sweet puppy version of my lord's bastard." I'm so curious about what will happen at Crasters re: Bran and Jon. That will determine a lot.

Ok, I have looked at that "Tonight we fight" clip several times now, where is Locke?

There are two guys in the background who have beards , sort of, similar to Locke, but I can't make him out.

If he's not there then I would say he getting killed next episode, or could last until 6.

Locke , it seems, feels he needs to tail Jon because of his association with Bran and Rickon.

I don't think he gives a hoot about Jon.

Here is my guess, Jon's crew will wipe out the Crow Rapscallions. Locke will discover Bran and try to kill only to be attacked by Summer or Ghost or both and killed.

Could be Jon does meet Bran, but cannot talk him to coming back to the Wall.

One wonders if Bran will tell Jon about Rickon?

Or Jon never sees Bran.

I think Locke is toast.

It's pretty obvious who is being set up on the show to play the "Bowen Marsh" role of the faithful brother to stab Jon.

Pyp.

this would be my guess, too. him and sam were the only of jon's closest friends at the watch who didn't volunteer to join his mutineers raiding party. i would like the change though since pyp has been a rather likeable character which would make jon's "death" scene even more heartbreaking.

this would be my guess, too. him and sam were the only of jon's closest friends at the watch who didn't volunteer to join his mutineers raiding party. i would like the change though since pyp has been a rather likeable character which would make jon's "death" scene even more heartbreaking.

he made the comment last week (?) about not being able to kill a hundred wildlings too :(

I really hope not.

Jon being assassinated by his 'brothers' shows the conflict and corruption going on within the NW, not the drama revolving around the Northern (Stark/Bolton) Game of Thrones, so to speak.

Wasn't there a saying like 'as long as the NW remain true they will stay strong' and the theory that the NW and Wall will fall because of their treachery?

I think it's important to keep the stabbing a NW affair, not a Bolton set up.

I thought we had come to the consensus that Locke is going to take Satin's role in the story.

I think the little boy will be Satin's replacement.

I can't see Locke being thrilled or willing to clean out chamber pots for someone considering his 'fuck the high born cunts who look down on us blah blah...' attitude.

This is my fear and it would be really lame. It could have worked if Locke was genuinely sent to the NW and he actually got into it, but as he's a double agent it sort of takes away from the assassination to kill Jon because he's evil, rather than because he thinks he's helping the greater good.

Agreed. The whole point is that Jon is stabbed by brothers devoted to the NW, and Jon is poor at explaining his motives to them. Having a hidden Bolton agent to the deed would undermine everything about Jon's reign as LC.

I think the little boy will be Satin's replacement.

I can't see Locke being thrilled or willing to clean out chamber pots for someone considering his 'fuck the high born cunts who look down on us blah blah...' attitude.

The boy specifically said he was good with a bow...definitely think that's our Satin.

Archived